PDA

View Full Version : acne scars

shynepho
04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi guys does anyone know whats the best way to remove acne scars? My doctor gave me some pills but its been about a month I barely see any differnce. I dont have anymore acne its just the scars that are left. thanks

Gravy_83
04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
vitamin e cream can help

gts_gurl
04-21-2007, 02:05 PM
/\ yup, vitamin E is great... what i find works really well with all scars is the vitamin E capsuls... just break them open and dab the liquid on the scars 2-3 times a day... hope this helps!

oops... edited, I put vitamin C capsuls, but it should have been vitamin E :nut:

shynepho
04-21-2007, 02:59 PM
ill give both methods a shot..thanks guys

Gravy_83
04-23-2007, 06:08 PM
they are essentialy the same thing. One is in a capsule one isn't. But yeah my fiancee has scars all over her chest from picking at small pimples that would of been gone in a couploe days but she insisted on picking at them and creating big scars. Vitamine E cream has made some allmost invisible unless you know they were there before. My friend also used it to make a scar from getting his foot caught in a motorbike wheel in which his whole heel got riped clean off his foot bone and all. And doctors made him use it and it worked awesome. It's your best bet

Dj_Stylz
04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Is there any better one to buy? Or can i just walk into shoppers and they are all the same?

gts_gurl
04-23-2007, 06:19 PM
the generic vitamin e cream or capsuls will do the trick just the same as any other brands.

three.eighteen.
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
get an aloe vera plant, make sure its a bigger one, break open a 'leaf' every night and smear that goo all over your face

fiveabi
04-23-2007, 06:28 PM
vitamine e does jack, shit. I have had the worst scars, and still have the worst scars onmy shoulders.

I had cystic acne from 14-16 my prick doctor would'nt perscribe accutane cause he thought iwas to young. so my mom just upped took me 2 another and i got the accuttane.

after that scar treatment started. thers a cream called hydroquin(SP) i'll check when i go home the exact name. works miracles on surficial scars. i have'nt b'n left with 1 scar on my face after this. and exfoliating is # 1 for surfical scar then ne creams...

keloids sorry ntn u can do about besides injections.

JUST EXFOLIATE 3 TIMES A WEEK, USE A FACE SCRUB TWICE DAILY....hydroxyquin at night.

and ur good 2 go..3months if they're all pigmentation scars ull be good as brandnew.

JordanAndrew
04-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by fiveabi
vitamine e does jack, shit. I have had the worst scars, and still have the worst scars onmy shoulders.

I had cystic acne from 14-16 my prick doctor would'nt perscribe accutane cause he thought iwas to young. so my mom just upped took me 2 another and i got the accuttane.

after that scar treatment started. thers a cream called hydroquin(SP) i'll check when i go home the exact name. works miracles on surficial scars. i have'nt b'n left with 1 scar on my face after this. and exfoliating is # 1 for surfical scar then ne creams...

keloids sorry ntn u can do about besides injections.

JUST EXFOLIATE 3 TIMES A WEEK, USE A FACE SCRUB TWICE DAILY....hydroxyquin at night.

and ur good 2 go..3months if they're all pigmentation scars ull be good as brandnew.

+1

I've had really bad acne when I was in highschool. I didn't really use any of those vitamin E cream or pills, I just cleaned my face in the morning and before I go to bed at night. It'll all just go away eventually, everyone heals differently, some people heal fasts, others take a long time to heal. I was one of the slow healing people but yeah if you keep the routine of cleaning your face, Acne and Acne scars will be a thing of the past.

Use Nutrogena face wash twice a day, then clean your face with cotton and astringent. I used clean and clear one, worked for me. And finally I use clean and clear dual action moisturizer to make sure my facial skin doesn't dry. It also has stuff on it to prevent acne. Hope that helps.

fiveabi
04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
actually i did that exact same thing iwth the addition of exfoliation

ziggie
05-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Go to a dermatologist. On tv the other night there was a doc from Fullerton ca injecting saline into acne scars to lessen the appearance. Quite effective and pretty inexpensive.

JAYMEZ
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ziggie
Go to a dermatologist. On tv the other night there was a doc from Fullerton ca injecting saline into acne scars to lessen the appearance. Quite effective and pretty inexpensive.

:werd: , see a professional , and dont expect results FAST

Impreza
05-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't exfoliate if you have existing acne on your face. If you have zits and you are scrubbing like crazy, you'll just make it worse! Also, there are options like microdermabrasion, peels, etc...

blinkme_210
05-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Microdermabrasion and laser surgery are your best bets for getting rid of acne scars.

Microdermabrasion is similar to sand blasting for your face, haha. It takes ~6 30 minute sessions to even out the texture of your skin, clearing up most scars. Costs ~$150 per session, and best thing is, there's no downtime. You can get this done during your lunch break and go back to work looking a little pinkish.

Laser surgery on the other hand.... HUGE downtime, and the downtime is anywhere from 1-2 weeks. The surgery leaves your skin raw and looking nasty, because they go down to about 200 microns (depth), compared to microdermabrasion which is about 10 microns each session. The upside to this is that you'll only need 1 session which will basically heal all your scars. Cost is about ~$1200.

blinkme_210
05-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Don't exfoliate if you have existing acne on your face. If you have zits and you are scrubbing like crazy, you'll just make it worse! Also, there are options like microdermabrasion, peels, etc...

Chemical peels can do wonders for some people, or hardly work for others. It really depends on the person. Some people's skin absorbs better than others, some don't, etc. You're basically pouring acid on your face hoping it will do something, you can't control how deep you want it to penetrate.