PDA

View Full Version : Blue SVT Focus

DonJuan
06-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Friday night at about like 2:30 am a bit north of Chinook a pimped SVT focus pulled up beside me. it was a kina dark blue and had a projection headlight kit. Inside from what i could see was a complete stereo with tv's and all that bling bling. I was stopped at the light and started talkin to the dude in the car and when the light turned green he took off in mid sentence. Before I knew anything i had a face full of tire smoke!!:burnout: I have always wanted to race an SVT Focus, but he turned at the next light. despite all these mods he still had the stock SVT wheels and had a small exaust tip that i could see. Has any one run into this guy before, and has he done anything under the hood??? Me and my buddy could have sworn we heard a the whine from a supercharger!!!:dunno:

88CRX
06-07-2003, 11:37 PM
i dont know what mods but he raced at racecity 2 week ago...

hampstor
06-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Friday night at about like 2:30 am a bit north of Chinook a pimped SVT focus pulled up beside me. it was a kina dark blue and had a projection headlight kit. Inside from what i could see was a complete stereo with tv's and all that bling bling. I was stopped at the light and started talkin to the dude in the car and when the light turned green he took off in mid sentence. Before I knew anything i had a face full of tire smoke!!:burnout: I have always wanted to race an SVT Focus, but he turned at the next light. despite all these mods he still had the stock SVT wheels and had a small exaust tip that i could see. Has any one run into this guy before, and has he done anything under the hood??? Me and my buddy could have sworn we heard a the whine from a supercharger!!!:dunno:

I dont think you could keep up with that SVT Focus considering you couldn't beat April's Maxima ;)

Fluidic
06-08-2003, 03:01 AM
I know that dude -- raced him several times -- he's "Atomic" here on Beyond. Nice guy -- but he's not supercharged! :)

Peter

DonJuan
06-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Hampstor... that better not be u Mike, what are u doin on a car fourm, you r's is trashed.... hehe, and i wasn't tryin hard against April's maxima, and even if I was, it's a 1996 Maxima! 3.0 v6 vs my car which is painfully stock, course she'll win! By the way the poem below what what I was tellin u about.

hampstor
06-09-2003, 09:16 AM
No, April's car is a 98, and I am not Mike :D

I drive a car that ACTUALLY comes with SE-R badging :)

Hampstor... that better not be u Mike, what are u doin on a car fourm, you r's is trashed.... hehe, and i wasn't tryin hard against April's maxima, and even if I was, it's a 1996 Maxima! 3.0 v6 vs my car which is painfully stock, course she'll win! By the way the poem below what what I was tellin u about.

fast95pony
06-10-2003, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure of all the Focus' mods, but I know he has cam gears,a lighter fly wheel,exhaust,CAI,battery moved to the trunk and the traction control disabled.

atomic
06-10-2003, 02:23 PM
and a very fast alien hanging from mirror

Ben
06-10-2003, 02:36 PM
hehehe, and I can destroy you in the launch, hahaha

atomic
06-10-2003, 02:46 PM
think again .. drive train fixed .. ;) ... my grandmother's wheel chair could have destroyed me on a launch when it was broken awaiting parts ..

Ben
06-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by atomic
think again .. drive train fixed .. ;) ... my grandmother's wheel chair could have destroyed me on a launch when it was broken awaiting parts ..

hahahaha

Sweet, cause I thought it was pretty damn sad that my VW was taking your SVT focus so easily.

atomic
06-10-2003, 02:49 PM
:)
hey let's go cruising someday ..

we have our powered by ford day event this saturday in edmonton so my weekend is used up .. but we might go 2nite or tommorow ..

hampstor
06-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by atomic
:)
hey let's go cruising someday ..

we have our powered by ford day event this saturday in edmonton so my weekend is used up .. but we might go 2nite or tommorow ..

I think I remember this car, I believe I talked to the owner one day when he was in the memory express parking lot... very nice ride!

colinderksen
06-11-2003, 01:04 AM
What do stock SVT Focus's do in the 1/4?

fast95pony
06-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by colinderksen
What do stock SVT Focus's do in the 1/4?

C+D quotes 15.9 . I haven't had mine out at the track yet,but I'm guessing mid-high 16's in Calgary. It's not particularly fast in a straight line. Gearing's too high.

Alan

DonJuan
06-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Hmm, cruzin sounds good, I need the chance to redeem myself!!! And I also havn't raced a worthy VW yet, so that would be cool it you came along too. What day did u have in mind? I work all weekend until 10.

Ben
06-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Whats done to your car?

atomic
06-13-2003, 11:26 AM
this weekend i'm in edmonton @ stratotech for a race .. of course anyone is welcome to stop by and spectate ..

i won't be free until monday .. so drop me an email or reply to this by monday afternoon with confirmation .. the three of us (supra, 200sx w/sr20det and myself) cruize a lot ..

there was a 240 yesterday on mcleod that i was toying with .. kid was egging me on hard . i asked him what made him so confident "i got my reasons" he says .. *pashay* .. i sat beside him till 2nd gear to egg him on .. then wot and "bye bye" .. i was actually surprised, he had wicked traction from the start . i simply burn 2-3 weeks of rubber :P

DonJuan
06-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Just the usual mods, Super GHETTO cold air intake, and an HKS exaust. Sounds alright, still kina quick nuthin to be afraid of tough. I'm like a super poor student, and i got low cash flow so these mods are like the most i could afford, after extended saving. But I can still do some cool ass smoke shows! With BOTH wheels thanks to the stock LSD!

DonJuan
06-13-2003, 11:54 PM
here is another, oh and these were taken before the exaust and getto style cold air induction.

Ben
06-13-2003, 11:57 PM
ever run it at the track? Whats it do in the Q/M

DonJuan
06-15-2003, 02:33 AM
Havn't run it at the track yet. I will one of these Fridays. I hope to get into th high 15's.(fingers crossed) but right now just focusing on the cornering ability of the car, and it's handleing I wanna try it out at beyond's next track day. Next year we'll see about makin it fly! Me soooo poor! hehe

atomic
06-16-2003, 12:37 PM
woooo ..

got back from stratotech road course in edmonton late last night .. saturday we spent the entire day racing .. the track was layed out so well .. a nice hairpin .. banked corners .. i'll post pictures and videos soon .. i'm an idiot and forgot my camera :P

chrisp
06-16-2003, 05:09 PM
atomic

heard you had some issues getting on the track!

hehe
something about wheels

atomic
06-16-2003, 07:44 PM
:P

fast95pony
06-17-2003, 12:04 AM
:werd: :confused: ;)

atomic
06-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey i managed to find some new tires :P .. ones without a nail in from stupid edmonton backroads :) ..

hampstor
06-21-2003, 10:50 AM
here is another, oh and these were taken before the exaust and getto style cold air induction.

:burnout:

Looks almost liked ONE wheel drive there Devin.. er I mean Kevin ! Just kidding, I know you have an LSD in that S14. Looks like you got owned ! btw April's is a 98...98!

DonJuan
06-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey I went to the track yesterday but it wasn't open cuz it looked like it was gonna rain, but on the way out on Barlow, I OWNED a Spec V. I was pretty impressed since he is lighter and got more power. I think he might have shifted out of first too soon and gave me a car length that I never gave back. So Hampstor wanna race? I'll own your ass 2! hehe :burnout:

hampstor
06-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Hey I went to the track yesterday but it wasn't open cuz it looked like it was gonna rain, but on the way out on Barlow, I OWNED a Spec V. I was pretty impressed since he is lighter and got more power. I think he might have shifted out of first too soon and gave me a car length that I never gave back. So Hampstor wanna race? I'll own your ass 2! hehe :burnout:

haha funny Kevin, are you sure he was racing or just driving in reverse? ;)

DonJuan
06-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Oh he was racin' he was revin off the line while I wasn't and then we both got rubber in second, but by then he was about half a car behind me and loosin gorund when I hit 4th he began to gain back some but broke off before he caught back up (train tracks) Come try it there Minh, I'll show you first hand! Bring April's Maxima 2, I'll try my best but I still don't think i can take it. Maybe if I strip the interior, lose the subs and stuff, and have like 1/8 of a tank then MAYBE but I don't think so.

VWbloke
06-22-2003, 02:47 AM
Atomic - was that you on Macleod Trail by Heritage, heading north tonight @ around 2am?

I was in the Black GTi, and my pal was on the otherside of ya in his yellow GTi.

Anyway, if that was you, nice car man! I like what you've done to it. Your mods are really tastefully done. :thumbsup:

atomic
06-22-2003, 03:06 AM
haha yah it was . sorry i burnt so much rubber . i'm still getting used to the new fly wheel . .didn't mean to sit burning rubber for so long .. :P .. plus the wet weather on my conti's didn't help .. c y again homie ...

VWbloke
06-22-2003, 02:21 PM
No worries. Yeah, the roads were a bit slick in places last night. First gear in my car is pretty much useless in the wet so launches can be tricky.

What kinda power is your car putting out now? (I assume you have some engine mods). Do you ever go to Race City and do timed runs?

Again, your car is butter!!! :thumbsup:

atomic
06-22-2003, 04:09 PM
thanx man .. .. i'll pm u some engine info . some ppl on here know whats' going on with my car . others don't need to know yet :) ..

Fluidic
06-22-2003, 05:44 PM
I know! :D

Also had the pleasure running with you earlier this year... maybe a few months back. FD and the high-boost Jetta! :D ;)

Peter

Ben
06-22-2003, 05:47 PM

SpecV's are not that fast all things considered