PDA

View Full Version : FS: '89 RZ350 2 stroke, as fast as a R6!

Graham_A_M
04-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Sold, thanks guys

Graham_A_M
05-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Bump price drop, we need to move this.$2500 We dont want to have three bikes in the garage, this has to go.

We just went to Bragg Creek with it yesterday, hopefully that'll answer any questions anybody would have about its reliability.
In the last two months, we've put on 3500km's on it. Still no problems whatsoever. :thumbsup:

This is a VERY fast bike considering its a two stroke, as it can easily shame even a 1 liter bike of its age. Today, it can keep up with an R6 up to about 90-100kph, Unfortunately after that it really shows the fact that its only a 350, and is left behind in the dust. However its still VERY fast for bombing around the city, and is quite capable on the highway.
And yes, this bike can wheelie. ;) (but not the roll on type obviously)

as it says in the add, it comes with loads of extra's, as well as a large Arai helmet (black) too if wanted.

Just add gas and go pretty much, its a very reliable bike with an engine that can take more abuse then you can throw at it. :)

Did I mention the insurance is $177 a year? for me and I'm under 25?
:clap:

cosmok
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
How bad does it stink when you romp on it? After a ride can you tell by the lingering smell on your clothing that you were on a two stroke?

Graham_A_M
05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
^ It doesn't stink as two stroke oil doesn't have much of a smell to it when its burnt. As well as since the exhaust is facing the back of the bike, you never smell it yourself or end up smelling like it. Good question, but I've never had that problem, for any of the 5 two stroke bikes I've had over the years.... no matter what the engine or bike it was. When the bike is cold first thing in the morning, it blows blue more so then it would when its properly warmed up. But when the bike is warm, it barely blows at all, only when you gun it at an intersection do you leave a small blue haze as you blow through the intersection.
Its also quite quiet too for a two-stroke, and doesn't piss anybody off, as the pipes are stock. AFtermarket pipes (such as the "Tommy Crawford" ones); are loud as hell, and make the bike almost un-usuable for the street, as they make the engine only usuable at the very highest RPM's. Driving the RZ is like driving a fairly new ZX6r or CBR600, but with a engine that sounds different and sips the gas. Thats probably the best way to describe it. Nothing wierd about driving this bike, asides from havig to pop off the seat every 500km's to add the two-stroke oil into the injector reservior tank.