PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the Street Races. ..



Pages : [1] 2

Talies R
06-08-2003, 04:18 AM
I've heard so much about these Sat. night races, I just had to check it out myself...

:eek: I wouldn't be surprised if there was 1,000 people there ...
I couldn't even find a place to park..haha What was funny is that I saw alot of cars that had numbering on the windshields from Race City.

I'm still surprised by the lack of police presence, I stuck around for close to an hour before finally the Hawk 1 flew over head & aimed the light and kinda swept the area but on the ground there weren't any cop cars... I waited for all the downers to yell "50!!!!!" and run like hell and crash into eachother before I even thought about driving away...

There were families there with young children... I don't get it... It was like watching the fireworks or someshit...

Anyone else there? comments...

Moonracer
06-08-2003, 08:17 AM
I wasn't there but I'm a little surprised particularily with the family and kids thing????

eur0
06-08-2003, 11:51 AM
yea i was there with some friends...thats the biggest one I have been too actually...soo many damn ppl haha, i was suprised no cruisers came :dunno:

rage2
06-08-2003, 12:16 PM
With 2F2F premier this weekend, it's no surprise that the street racing scene is going to be huge for a few weekends.

Play safe guys, keep it at the track.

ryder_23
06-08-2003, 12:34 PM
In canada you cant get fined for spectating can you? thanks

SinisterProbeGt
06-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
In canada you cant get fined for spectating can you? thanks
Yes it is a new law in alberta the went into effect when they changes the fines and crap anyway I think it's $250.00 fine:thumbsdow

omar_allibhai
06-08-2003, 12:55 PM
where do people meet for these supposed street races
i've heard bout them for a while now but i thought it would be dumb cuz the cops would break it up since its the same time every week.
but apperently not.

aznhavok
06-08-2003, 01:00 PM
when did they pass that law about spectating i never heard of that

and sinisterprobe nice seeing you again last nite man too you couldnt freaking share a corona or something j/k

silverEL
06-08-2003, 01:03 PM
sinisterprobe
nice ride.

i used to go ,from back in the days of speedcowboys, where like 15 cars would show, now its like 100 or so,
its fuckn crazy...

ryder_23
06-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Still meet at same place? on sat nights? thanks

babyblueg2
06-08-2003, 01:23 PM
WHERE IS IT AT?

SinisterProbeGt
06-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by aznhavok
when did they pass that law about spectating i never heard of that

and sinisterprobe nice seeing you again last nite man too you couldnt freaking share a corona or something j/k

Dude last night after hawcks flew over 114 I got jumped by like 6 guys it was fucking crazy. Knocked one guy out cold and then 4 of his buddies jumped in... it was stupid if you gonna fight fight one on one not 6 on 1...:guns: :guns:

silverEL
06-08-2003, 01:51 PM
u serious????
holy shit, i should of stayed

civic_rida
06-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Why the fuck would u get jumped

SinisterProbeGt
06-08-2003, 01:57 PM
fucking guy said I rat'ed him out for drinking and breaking a beer bottle right in front of the cops so he got a 230.00 ticket and blames me...

szw
06-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by silverEL
sinisterprobe
nice ride.

i used to go ,from back in the days of speedcowboys, where like 15 cars would show, now its like 100 or so,
its fuckn crazy...

Speedcowboys is back in the day??

sin
06-08-2003, 02:13 PM
if you take deerfoot to barlow, then barlow to 72nd ave east, just follow that to the tim hortons...
and about the spectating ticket they've never given them out, they just check your car for neon, exhaust, etc and give you ticket(s) for that shit and then you can go...

Hash_man
06-08-2003, 02:13 PM
that sucks about bein jumped sinisterprobe... i saw u out a month or so ago at the races and ur car is nice man.

The races are usually pretty fun, i didnt know about the spectating tickets, but there are waay to many people to give them to anyways... but ya they are fun to watch but i personally think its retarded to actually race there... if ur gonna race go to the track.

GT2NV
06-08-2003, 02:55 PM
yeah its fun to go and watch forsures!!!! but i would never partake... ever... never have , never will..

redline_13000
06-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
fucking guy said I rat'ed him out for drinking and breaking a beer bottle right in front of the cops so he got a 230.00 ticket and blames me...


haha i was right there, funny shit

ryder_23
06-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Tim hortons just meetin place right? Didnt it use to be Road King? I have never been, but i've always wanted to go.

BigShow
06-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000



haha i was right there, funny shit

lol, so what happened??

StrokeD z
06-08-2003, 04:25 PM
i was there i saw that fight tryed to stop it......all i have to say is that was the biggest street race i have seen and some nice rides.the races where getting to the point where ppl where raceing for money.now for you ppl that keep saying TAKE IT TO THE TRACK i am with you on that but would it hurt for you to watch i personaly think it is better than race city because you are right beside the cars and can feel the valves knocking on your feet....when you watch the races at race city it is like watching them on tv and it gets boring after a while.and by you guys always saying TAKE IT TO THE TRACK do you think 1000 ppl are going to listen to you.....good luck

babyblueg2
06-08-2003, 05:02 PM
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?

Mr. Papageorgio
06-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?
Why so you can win some cash to mod your car and get it into the 16's? Fuck you're an idiot

5.9 R/T
06-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Organized street racing is popular again I see...:rolleyes:

Weapon_R
06-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?

:rofl:

I'm sure we can find a few takers.

Abom
06-08-2003, 05:46 PM
I still have all of the old speedcowboys videos!! :thumbsup:

GT2NV
06-08-2003, 05:54 PM
lol ill race you for as much as you want, as long as your driving that teg hahaha

dsm69
06-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?


Sure, how many seconds head start do you want?:nut:

Doodle
06-08-2003, 06:30 PM
I'll take your money, but most guys here could bang on my car.

Scat
06-08-2003, 09:36 PM
HAHAHA I would deffinetly like to race you if your in a teg :zzz:

... in my '84 300zx turbo :guns:

ryder_23
06-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?

hell ya, i could use some easy money. My family sedan would work you. BTW, stop saying dumb shit

szw
06-08-2003, 09:53 PM
From 2fast2furious

"You know I could use the money"

SinisterProbeGt
06-08-2003, 10:04 PM
wow this post got of topic fast..
yeah last night was huge did any one see that camaro on the trailer said he would do a run for $500.00 bucks?

three.eighteen.
06-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?

do u drive a g2 teg baby blue with altezzas and been in sundance in like the last 2 weeks?

babyblueg2
06-08-2003, 10:51 PM
NOPE

sin
06-08-2003, 10:52 PM
this kid has a caps and a trash talking problem

ryder_23
06-08-2003, 10:54 PM
No shit...he should leave beyond, we dont need this

sin
06-08-2003, 10:56 PM
we do however need more mods that use their banning power on ppl like this
not calling any mods on their shit, just really dont like this guy

babyblueg2
06-08-2003, 10:56 PM
lol

ryder_23
06-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
lol

Why u laughing, if you get banned, u'll have no one to talk to

sin
06-08-2003, 11:00 PM
he's just whoring it up to prove some mediocre point that we can't stop him

babyblueg2
06-08-2003, 11:04 PM
good night
muhahaha

DonJuan
06-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Yo guy's leave babyblueg2 alone. He's got the paint job, the altezza's, and the black steel wheels. Don't be hatin' all those mods are good for like 300 horsepower! Don't forget he doesn't run an air filter either and has a hole in the exaust, so there's like 200hp more! All he needs now is to calibrate his air/fuel ratio on his laptop while doin his 26 sec run down the track... now that's sarcasm!!!

sin
06-08-2003, 11:23 PM
no no he needs some TRD decals, i mean the paint to sticker hp ratio is like 45:2...

StrokeD z
06-08-2003, 11:23 PM
wow you guys got really pissed just because he said anyone wanna race for cash ?....

i think he was kidding chill out

redline_13000
06-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Have you guys ever heard of a joke? why get so mad?

88CRX
06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
ya i though he was just kiddn' too.... and then he was laughing about you guys over-reacting

DonJuan
06-09-2003, 12:19 AM
Naw, I'm still chilled, just like makin fun to people like him, you know the ones who buy a canadian tire exaust tip and expect 40-50 hp gains, and are suddenly 500lbs lighter, which is good to 10sec runs down the track... hehe where do I get this shit from???

Hash_man
06-09-2003, 12:22 AM
HAHAHA I would deffinetly like to race you if your in a teg

... in my '84 300zx turbo

HAHA, do it up scat that would be sweet... But ya the races are definately waaay more fun to watch than Secret Street. I was at SS with Sin and we only stayed like an hour or somethin and were really fuckin bored.

Oh, and sin, i think it was that thing in the race city parkin lot that fucked up your tire.

2000impreza
06-09-2003, 01:44 AM
organized street racing is so gay..... can't believe people are actually stupid enough to go out there.

aznhavok
06-09-2003, 01:59 AM
man luke sorry to hear that and fuck how come i didnt see that shit man

yah i think this street racing is awesome u know its just when the freaking younger crowd that screws everything around and im not saying all younger ppl

and one more thing that causes the big problems is whenever the hawks or 50 shows up everyone just runs to their cars and quickly tries to get out of the place, wat we usually do is just stick around and cops havent said anything to us..... and you got to think cops is just concern about the safety of all ppl rite

well thats wat i think about this street race, i go every week so i have fun seeing some different cars everytime for me its a good time

redTalon
06-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Last Satuday was great until those cats brought their drama with them. Sinister showed up with a bunch of his friends and they didn't do nothing to help him out. Five on one? Are kids nowadays too afraid to take a whoopin'? I liked watching some of those races. Good smoke shows and lots of horsepower out of a lot of the cars that were in and out of the races. As soon as po-po show up, everyone splits? It was just a helicopter. I dunno.

4wheeldrift
06-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Organized street racing is popular again I see...:rolleyes: And the wonderful thing about it is the responsible enthusiasts are the people who are going to get hurt the most IE ontario trying to pass a bill making any modifications illegal in an attempt to curb street racing.

mwmhong
06-09-2003, 08:09 AM
If the cops come, this is what a REAL streetracer would do:

Everyone would drive into a big warehouse and wait for the cops to surround you with their cruisers.

Then open up all the doors at the same time and have a huge phalanx of pick-up trucks smash into the cop cars, breaking holes in their defensive line. This would allow everyone else to scramble out and make a clean get away. :burnout:

SinisterProbeGt
06-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong
If the cops come, this is what a REAL streetracer would do:

Everyone would drive into a big warehouse and wait for the cops to surround you with their cruisers.

Then open up all the doors at the same time and have a huge phalanx of pick-up trucks smash into the cop cars, breaking holes in their defensive line. This would allow everyone else to scramble out and make a clean get away. :burnout:
I think you have been thinking about this a little to hard.....:burnout:

rage2
06-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by sin
we do however need more mods that use their banning power on ppl like this
not calling any mods on their shit, just really dont like this guy
If I was to ban everyone that I don't like, all of the street racers in this thread would be gone. :)

Unless he breaks the rules and gets warned, he's still gonna be here, sorry.

Hollywood
06-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
And the wonderful thing about it is the responsible enthusiasts are the people who are going to get hurt the most IE ontario trying to pass a bill making any modifications illegal in an attempt to curb street racing.

Yes and if one province passes it others may easily follow.

Imagine this if they pass that law your car is worth shit. What good is a suped up integra if it's all illegal and not allowed on the streets.......dont forget your 11-teen and only have one car.

I may sound like a broken record...

Just think now the cops already hate us. And it's you guys that are feeding that hate on behalf of all of us enthusiats. We non-street racers are getting the bad wrap from you guys even though we never go.:thumbsdow

sputnik
06-09-2003, 09:39 AM
as for spectating...

the most the cops can do is give you a parking ticket... there is no law for being at a place where 2 cars were racing

i still laugh at everyone who runs like hell when the cops show up to a street race... unless you have a warrant outstanding there is no need to run

the cops just show up to clear the place out and get everyone moving on... hence the reason there is only 2-3 cars that show up

sputnik
06-09-2003, 09:46 AM
i saw the camaro being trailered up and down 17th on saturday night...

gayest thing i have ever seen

p3nnywi5dom
06-09-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
any one wanna race me??
for cash
?

sure
:rolleyes:

Toma
06-09-2003, 12:06 PM
LOL.... street racing :rolleyes: yeah right. That was not street racing that was a SHIT SHOW. probably 700 - 1000 16 year old kids with dreams of owning anything faster then a 17 second car, drinking beer, driving like idiots, doing burnouts..... How can you have a "street race" with 500 people crammed around the cars, and the "drag strip" on 114th is only 2 blocks long, curves, and has potholes and dips. Anything faster then a 16 second car would crash and wipe out some people.

Then I seen the dorks go after sinister. I know he can handle himself, so I figure no big deal.... till the [email protected]#!%* (yeah, I said the N word, the asswipe, scumbag, piece of crap sneaks in behind sinster and sucker punches him in the back of the head). I went over to give sinister a hand, and the fucker takes a swipe at me. Luckily it was the slowest punch I have ever seen and I blocked it....after that, they just stared at us. The fat kid in the wife beater was whining and crying about some $200 ticket, and I told him to take it up with sinister one on one..... he chickened out.

The problem was not the 3 or 4 guys actually involved....it was the dozen or so "vultures" hanging around that would have jumped in the moment fists started to fly. We decided to show restraint and pack it up and leave since when I looked around me I saw ONLY Sinister, one of my buddies and my girlfriend facing the big mob.

The funny thing was, I took a night off my "bouncer" job at area 51 cause my back is FUCKED. I probably would not have got into a fight at the club, but I go to the "street races", and get in a fight there. Funny shit :D I would have at least got paid at work lol.

Fucking SHIT SHOW. Definately NOT street racing. The majority were punk ass kids that can't get into bars, so they come out and stir up shit thinking they are cool. They should re-instate the curfew for children under 18.

The Camaro on the trailer is Gibs car. Ran low 10's. My omni was there (low 14's), but the funny thing was there was probably not a single car out there that would have taken it ;) )

Like I said, please DO NOT think that that was "organised street racing". At a real organized street racing event, people do not stand on the drag strip, they don't drink, and it is at least a quarter mile of straight good road, and some racing actually occurs.

Toma

Fluidic
06-09-2003, 12:10 PM
ahahahaha... Toma man, you're a riot! lol

And dude... you were right... that damn Three Hills AB cruise WAS on Saturday -- I'm an idiot. Anyways... I will be calling you up sometime soon for the air/fuel mapping session...

Cheers!

Peter

Toma
06-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
i saw the camaro being trailered up and down 17th on saturday night...

gayest thing i have ever seen

a 10 second car is gay? (well, it will probably run 9's this year)...

The gay thing was the kids in the 17 second cars drinking and doing burnouts, driving like idiots etc....that was gay. A 9 second car looking for a REAL race is not gay.....

Oh yeah.....spectating:

They have in the past, and will do so in the future, block off all entrances and exits, and check each and every car leaving for booze, drugs, illegal modifications, burnt out signal lights, low windshield washer fluid etc. The last time they did it they gave out over 200 tickets, and towed away a half dozen cars.....I was against it then, but after seeing this, I say GO FOR IT, get rid of the kids who had a toonie for gas and mommies grocery getter for the night.

Toma

jdmakkord
06-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Toma


a 10 second car is gay? (well, it will probably run 9's this year)...

The gay thing was the kids in the 17 second cars drinking and doing burnouts, driving like idiots etc....that was gay. A 9 second car looking for a REAL race is not gay.....

Oh yeah.....spectating:

They have in the past, and will do so in the future, block off all entrances and exits, and check each and every car leaving for booze, drugs, illegal modifications, burnt out signal lights, low windshield washer fluid etc. The last time they did it they gave out over 200 tickets, and towed away a half dozen cars.....I was against it then, but after seeing this, I say GO FOR IT, get rid of the kids who had a toonie for gas and mommies grocery getter for the night.

Toma

Toma, is that camaro one of the "hitter" cars off of ps? Gib maybe? The plate was something funny like fst4ner or something.

legendboy
06-09-2003, 01:25 PM
You self called "street racers" are so beat :thumbsdow

SI-vic
06-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Damn there's a lot of 16year olds on this forum now....
Street Racing = :thumbsdow

boi-alien
06-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
You self called "street racers" are so beat :thumbsdow :werd:

spoken like a true pimp!! :bigpimp:

Melinda
06-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Toma
They have in the past, and will do so in the future, block off all entrances and exits, and check each and every car leaving for booze, drugs, illegal modifications, burnt out signal lights, low windshield washer fluid etc. The last time they did it they gave out over 200 tickets, and towed away a half dozen cars.....I was against it then, but after seeing this, I say GO FOR IT, get rid of the kids who had a toonie for gas and mommies grocery getter for the night.

Yeah dispite what you drinkers may think, having a DD won't get you very far. If a cop pulls you over and there is open alcohol or alcohol being consumed in the vehicle, you and/or your driver are in big trouble. You really think everytime you get into the car you're gonna have finished whatever drink you're drinking by the time the cop shows up each time? Ha, not likely.

I'm with Toma on this one, the punks need to be busted for the dumb shit out there. I have seen the cops organize themselves down the street from 114th before and I heard stories later that night that said the cops gave out well over $10 000 worth of tickets after blocking in the only 2 or 3 entrances to 114. 2 Fast 2 Furious is only gonna make it worse...maybe you guys should think about all of that before you head out on Saturday nights.

Mel

SinisterProbeGt
06-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Then I seen the dorks go after sinister. I know he can handle himself, so I figure no big deal.... till the [email protected]#!%* (yeah, I said the N word, the asswipe, scumbag, piece of crap sneaks in behind sinster and sucker punches him in the back of the head). I went over to give sinister a hand, and the fucker takes a swipe at me. Luckily it was the slowest punch I have ever seen and I blocked it....after that, they just stared at us. The fat kid in the wife beater was whining and crying about some $200 ticket, and I told him to take it up with sinister one on one..... he chickened out.

The problem was not the 3 or 4 guys actually involved....it was the dozen or so "vultures" hanging around that would have jumped in the moment fists started to fly. We decided to show restraint and pack it up and leave since when I looked around me I saw ONLY Sinister, one of my buddies and my girlfriend facing the big mob.

The funny thing was, I took a night off my "bouncer" job at area 51 cause my back is FUCKED. I probably would not have got into a fight at the club, but I go to the "street races", and get in a fight there. Funny shit :D I would have at least got paid at work lol.

Fucking SHIT SHOW. Definately NOT street racing. The majority were punk ass kids that can't get into bars, so they come out and stir up shit thinking they are cool. They should re-instate the curfew for children under 18.

The Camaro on the trailer is Gibs car. Ran low 10's. My omni was there (low 14's), but the funny thing was there was probably not a single car out there that would have taken it ;) )

Like I said, please DO NOT think that that was "organised street racing". At a real organized street racing event, people do not stand on the drag strip, they don't drink, and it is at least a quarter mile of straight good road, and some racing actually occurs.

Toma

Yo thanks again for having my back your the :bigpimp:

Ben
06-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Shit, must have been serious cause your a big guy Luke, and I sure wouldn't fCUK with ya.

redTalon
06-09-2003, 05:21 PM
It was all about some stupid ticket that idiot got for himself and he blames Sinister for it. Because he couldn't take Luke in a fair fight, he grabs 4 or 5 of his friends (including some little punk about half my size) and goes after him in a group. That, my friends, is the gay part.

Hollywood
06-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Shit, must have been serious cause your a big guy Luke, and I sure wouldn't fCUK with ya.

For sure! I think that's pretty harsh.


Lets do a tally of the last month of street racing. It sounds like a great party! :banghead:

- Car accident with some whiny chicky's sunfire/cav. Slightly injured. Car damaged.

- Rolled car by drunk drivers that hit the suncav, 3 people injured. Car got ransacked. Buddy whines cause car stereo was stolen...

- Luke gets jumped by a group. Many on one.

SinisterProbeGt
06-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood


For sure! I think that's pretty harsh.


Lets do a tally of the last month of street racing. It sounds like a great party! :banghead:

- Car accident with some whiny chicky's sunfire/cav. Slightly injured. Car damaged.

- Rolled car by drunk drivers that hit the suncav, 3 people injured. Car got ransacked. Buddy whines cause car stereo was stolen...

- Luke gets jumped by a group. Many on one. .:thumbsdow

Sounds like Fun eh? Hollywood wanna come next sat?
emmmm I wont be there urban Deam calls my name

Hash_man
06-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Fucking SHIT SHOW. Definately NOT street racing. The majority were punk ass kids that can't get into bars, so they come out and stir up shit thinking they are cool. They should re-instate the curfew for children under 18.


Dude, not alll kids under 18 are stupid like most kids at the races... me and my friends are there, sober, just to see some nice cars, and have fun watching some races and talking to people about cars and such.
Yes I am 16, and I dont support street racing, but find that it is fun to go down on saturday nights and watch them. Although i will agree that the cops should bust kids for drinking and all that shit, last time i was there, i saw some retard start drinking from a beer bong and then jump right back into his truck! and all the prople throwing their beer cans and shit on the street when the cops show up... DAMNIT!! some people are sooo dumb, but in no way is it just the kids under 18, many of these retards, especially ones who peel out in front of the cops ruin the reputation for people with done up cars and such and if they get a ticket for bein stupid, they should just accept the fact that it was them and not fuck with other people liek Sinisterprobe... thats just my 2 cents

lammer
06-10-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man


Dude, not alll kids under 18 are stupid like most kids at the races... me and my friends are there, sober, just to see some nice cars, and have fun watching some races and talking to people about cars and such.
Yes I am 16, and I dont support street racing, but find that it is fun to go down on saturday nights and watch them. Although i will agree that the cops should bust kids for drinking and all that shit, last time i was there, i saw some retard start drinking from a beer bong and then jump right back into his truck! and all the prople throwing their beer cans and shit on the street when the cops show up... DAMNIT!! some people are sooo dumb, but in no way is it just the kids under 18, many of these retards, especially ones who peel out in front of the cops ruin the reputation for people with done up cars and such and if they get a ticket for bein stupid, they should just accept the fact that it was them and not fuck with other people liek Sinisterprobe... thats just my 2 cents

If you don't support street racing then don't show up there.

colinderksen
06-10-2003, 01:11 AM
I've never been and don't plan too, but who is even racing? Just slow junk or what?
Sorry to hear about the luck Sinister.
:burnout:

jdmakkord
06-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man


Dude, not alll kids under 18 are stupid like most kids at the races... me and my friends are there, sober, just to see some nice cars, and have fun watching some races and talking to people about cars and such.
Yes I am 16, and I dont support street racing, but find that it is fun to go down on saturday nights and watch them. Although i will agree that the cops should bust kids for drinking and all that shit, last time i was there, i saw some retard start drinking from a beer bong and then jump right back into his truck! and all the prople throwing their beer cans and shit on the street when the cops show up... DAMNIT!! some people are sooo dumb, but in no way is it just the kids under 18, many of these retards, especially ones who peel out in front of the cops ruin the reputation for people with done up cars and such and if they get a ticket for bein stupid, they should just accept the fact that it was them and not fuck with other people liek Sinisterprobe... thats just my 2 cents

here comes another bashing! Who was it last time? Calarina?

ramminghard
06-10-2003, 01:25 AM
not always slow cars. Me and a friend havebrought out his CLK 500. Trust me it is not slow.

mad_psyentist
06-10-2003, 07:31 AM
Owie. Damn thing better NOT be slow. What are those things, $6-figures? Never been a 'Cedes fan, but hell, I'd buy one.

To keep on topic. I enjoy a bit-o racin' about as much as the next guy, but the scene in Calgary is just not what it should be, and it's sooo uninteresting. I have more interesting encounters drivin' up crowchild in a week than what I could find at a street racer jamboree. If half the racers weren't half my age to begin with, it'd be interesting. But you can't tell me that Jimmy FirstTimeCarOwner who still lives with daddy is more interesting to watch race than the meets at racecity. I have a runnin' scrap book of suposedly tricked-out rides that have been mangled in street accidents around cowtown. It's too damned funny.

Moral of the day: The roads should be one big car show. Keep it real.

5.9 R/T
06-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Oh we're keepin it real in this thread. Real Dumb.

sputnik
06-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Toma

a 10 second car is gay? (well, it will probably run 9's this year)...


No. A 10 second car isnt gay.

But trailering it up and down 17th ave like a parade float is. So is taking it to the "street races" and even eluding that you would be willing to race on the streets with it, regardless of the offer.

sputnik
06-10-2003, 12:24 PM
SLK500?

ok... THATS IT... taking a 6-figure car to street racing is GAY... anyhow... i call bullshit on that story... even if it is true (VERY unlikely)...

-cant afford the $20 for secret street?
-dont want to embarrass yourself with your shitty driving skills?
-only like beating minivans and beater ricerockets?

keep it on the track... even if your car isnt fast there is something to be said about the guy with a kickass reaction time.

in winnipeg there was TONS of streetracing because there is no track... same thing as here...

-hundreds of ricer kiddies
-bumpy "track" with usually with a turn in the end
-"track" isnt even a 1/4 mile
-tons of burnouts with all-season radials
-no real racing
-kids in their parents cars
-idiots standing in the street so that they can "see the action on the line"
-fights from retarded machoistic idiots with temper problems
-booze
-drugs

thankfully in winnipeg they have enough cops that just patrol from racing location to racing location to make it a hassling ordeal to actually race... now hopefully there will be a track out there one day that will have a place for these idiots to get shown up by REAL drivers.

however once that happens they will end up on the street...

interesting concept when you think about it... for all you guys who think that you are shit-hot at the street races... is that just because you were laughed off the track at secret street? or perhaps its because your car is actually owned by your dad?

sputnik

GT2NV
06-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen
I've never been and don't plan too, but who is even racing? Just slow junk or what?
Sorry to hear about the luck Sinister.
:burnout:
alot of badass mustangs are usually the ones racing..

GT2NV
06-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Oh we're keepin it real in this thread. Real Dumb. :rofl: :rofl:

colinderksen
06-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

alot of badass mustangs are usually the ones racing..
Who and how bad ass? 13 second cars? Or just stockers?

sin
06-10-2003, 04:08 PM
ppl who stereotype who should be shot or forced to be more open minded, this thread is full of ignorant ppl (from both points of view) who dont know their shit, and are talkin out they asses

Hollywood
06-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by sin
ppl who stereotype who should be shot or forced to be more open minded, this thread is full of ignorant ppl (from both points of view) who dont know their shit, and are talkin out they asses

I don't see how can both sides be ignorant? I'm allowed to stereo type. Because of street racers, myself and other non-street racers like me get auto-stereo typed from police, and we live in fear when cops drive by or follow etc.... SO FOR THAT, HERE IS MY PERSONAL; FUCK ALL YOU STREET RACERS!:banghead:

Toms-Celica
06-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood


I don't see how can both sides be ignorant? I'm allowed to stereo type. Because of street racers, myself and other non-street racers like me get auto-stereo typed from police, and we live in fear when cops drive by or follow etc.... SO FOR THAT, HERE IS MY PERSONAL; FUCK ALL YOU STREET RACERS!:banghead:

Well said

STI-Guy
06-10-2003, 06:28 PM
I hate people who try to justify street racing by saying they're always safe. It's like when a murderer says he didn't mean to kill, or when a loser says his life sucks because of his parents. It's an excuse that doesn't hold one ounce of water.

Jesus, when was the last time you saw somebody get jumped at a track?

STREET RACING IS BAD.

EDIT - Over 400 views and we still have a vast amount of idiots. C'mon! (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17473)

183ci
06-10-2003, 07:40 PM
i might be headin down to the streetraces this weekend,
just to check it out with a few very mean friends.

NickGT
06-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm joining the band of people putting that nice image in their sigs. I've never been, and never will go to such a gathering of idiots.

STI-Guy
06-10-2003, 09:15 PM
It goes quite nice with my avatar.

Shaolin
06-10-2003, 09:25 PM
People I work with go to those races all the time. This guy told me the other day he was racing his mom's Corolla against his buddy's MX3, well after the race he pulls an E-Brake turn and hits a pothole and ALMOST flips his mom's corolla.. apparently both wheels came off the air.. weak.

silverEL
06-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
SLK500?

ok... THATS IT... taking a 6-figure car to street racing is GAY... anyhow... i call bullshit on that story... even if it is true (VERY unlikely)...



its a CLK500
and yes it did come out, yes its expensive. he took a risk bringing it and racing it. and it was fast, he easily took a modified stang 5.0
and what makes it such a unlikely story????
why would he make it up?? to please you?
i doubt it

stryker
06-10-2003, 11:36 PM
yeah i guess street racing is a little glorified (especially by fast and furious movies). I mean the people in those movies don't even act like real people. It should be obvious that as the acting is over exaggerated, as would be the "action" that happens. If you really want to prove that you're a good driver, do it on the track i say. if some of those people were as good as they said they were, why aren't they racing F1s?

mad_psyentist
06-11-2003, 06:56 AM
There's still something to be said about a guy who can pull some serious times out of a 5 to 10-year-old Honda/Toyota/ Nissan/whatever. We all know stuff like CLK's, Mustangs etc. are fast, but I'd hold more respect for the little guy with the ass-kickin' ride who can stand up to one of these cars, even if they don't "win" in whatever context.

Personally, I ain't bothering with the 2F2F movie this time around. I was one of the dopes who got suckered into seeing the first movie and was SORELY disappointed. Never again. If I wanna see snazzed-out cars, I'll go cruise through Chinatown.

Joe Malms
06-11-2003, 08:19 PM
all you bumfucker street racers with piss slow cars ruin it for the real car enthusiats abd put heat on us for modding our cars.

None of you are fast and furious, you're slow..be serious.

Its such a reassuring feeling knowing that todays youth doesnt know how to seperate reality from a movie (and an acceptionally horrible one at that). Go on and emulate the cheesedicks in 2 fast 2 furious and you can be 2 gay 2 often.
LOSERS!

jdmakkord
06-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
all you bumfucker street racers with piss slow cars ruin it for the real car enthusiats abd put heat on us for modding our cars.

None of you are fast and furious, you're slow..be serious.
None of you are 2 fast 2 furious, you're 2 gay 2 often.
BITCHES! :werd:

I'm with this guy:thumbsup: