PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Donations for Cousin with Cancer

T-rus
04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
My cousin is suffering from Colen cancer and tumours. I am asking the beyond community to make there donations to any cancer foundation to help him and others out in these horrible scenarios.

Thank you for your help

GTS Jeff
04-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Touching story, and I wish the family all the best, but I don't think too many people are naive enough to make a cash donation to a stranger without any proof that their money is going to the right places. Maybe you could collaborate with the Beyond admins/mods to set up a 3rd party fund administered by Beyond? You could also tell people some specifics like what kind of cancer he has, maybe post up some comments from the family and the doctor treating him, pictures of the family, explanation of what the money is for, since healthcare costs are covered by the province...

Please don't be offended, I'm not saying you're a scammer. I think your heart's in the right place and I'm just saying you'll probably get more donations if you can reassure people that they're donating to a good cause. :thumbsup:

dj_rice
04-23-2007, 09:14 PM
This is what I was gonna say but I didnt want to be insensitive bastard...I wanted more proof its goin to a good cause and not his pocket

T-rus
04-23-2007, 09:33 PM
thank you for your suggestions, I will do some research on how to go about doing this legally and properly.

T-rus
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Better yet make your donations to any of the cancer foundations.
He started off with colen cancer in which they removed about 6 months ago but some cells were still there and it came back. It now has progressed into tumours in his stomach and neck. So far he is semi decent considering.

Once you have made your donation to a cancer foundation just post what foundation you have donated to this way you are helping him and other people with various cancers. Better to look at the big picture then just concentrate on a small part of it.

Thank you to those who made the suggestions and to those who help victims of cancer or any other illness.

CalgarySupra
04-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Touching story, and I wish the family all the best, but I don't think too many people are naive enough to make a cash donation to a stranger without any proof that their money is going to the right places. Maybe you could collaborate with the Beyond admins/mods to set up a 3rd party fund administered by Beyond? You could also tell people some specifics like what kind of cancer he has, maybe post up some comments from the family and the doctor treating him, pictures of the family, explanation of what the money is for, since healthcare costs are covered by the province...

Please don't be offended, I'm not saying you're a scammer. I think your heart's in the right place and I'm just saying you'll probably get more donations if you can reassure people that they're donating to a good cause. :thumbsup:

Thats why he said to donate to a cancer foundation.

dj_rice
04-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra

The OP changed what he said after Jeff posted that...:rolleyes: GTSJeff isnt that stupid u know...

sabad66
04-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra

Did you notice that he edited his post after GTS Jeff's?

rinny
04-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Best Bet: You could also make donations to the oncology dept at ACH, or whichever hospital he is at. They can use the money to buy games/movies/electronics/entertainment for the kids!

T-rus
04-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by rinny
Best Bet: You could also make donations to the oncology dept at ACH, or whichever hospital he is at. They can use the money to buy games/movies/electronics/entertainment for the kids!

Thats also a good idea, at the moment he is getting monitored once a week at home, but feel free to do that as well.

NATAS.KAUPAS
04-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
GTSJeff isnt that stupid u know...

So what are you saying?

GTS Jeff
04-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by NATAS.KAUPAS

So what are you saying? Since his comment is typed, you can re-read his post if you don't understand it. :dunno:

Or you could just drop it and go back to your usual hobby of bullying asthmatic kids in jr. high. :thumbsup:

Dayclone
04-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Colen Cancer is pretty serious, especially in Canadians... but how old is he? because it shouldn't happen at a yonug age, only older people get it, but there is that rare chance. However, I feel your pain and if you set up a private fund or something we all can donate to it'd help.

01RedDX
04-24-2007, 12:19 AM

T-rus
04-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Colen Cancer is pretty serious, especially in Canadians... but how old is he? because it shouldn't happen at a yonug age, only older people get it, but there is that rare chance. However, I feel your pain and if you set up a private fund or something we all can donate to it'd help.

He is in his early to mid 30's and was up until the first episode as healthy as a horse. Never smoked in his life.

CalgarySupra
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

Did you notice that he edited his post after GTS Jeff's?

i didnt know.