PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop Recommendation!!!

TBear 2
04-24-2007, 08:24 AM
My friend Nat was driving it, (thank god she is ok, well big time whiplass but she is still here:)). She was stopped at a red light and this Buick hit a Murano that was behind her, and well since that Buick was going too fast, the Murano hit my lude:(

So here are some pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1861&l=8b881&id=507686127

Now here is where I need your help! Seeing how I am still somewhat new to Calgary I am not sure what shops to go at. As this is not my fault it's all going to be covered by insurance, but when I was home I had the best shop working on my car so I want a "excellent" shop again.

So from what I have been told I need to get 3 estimates...so could anyone help me out??? If you know what they cost for hourly rate please let me know, as I am looking already into this one that is 65 a hour, so I would need some higher rate then that...

Also if I could get the number and a contact name it would be awesome, as I am still in NB right now so I need to call them and explain everything and send my friend Nat to show the car to them....

sorry so long!

Toms-SC
04-24-2007, 08:31 AM
SEARCH YOU FUCKING NOOB

TBear 2
04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Um I did search, but from what I mostly found was people looking for a cheap place to get there car fix because they didn't want to pay the big bucks, as for me well I want the best work, I don't care for the money as I will not be the one paying for it...

Sorry I guess...

civicsi
04-24-2007, 08:49 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/110550/recommended-bodyshops-in-calgary-area/

TBear 2
04-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks a million
I must of bypassed that one...

You can delete this post now...thanks

Isaiah
04-24-2007, 08:59 AM
There's a good chance that insurance won't cover that kit, unless you specifically had it insured. Not sure if these guys are in the bodyshop thread but Crowfoot Image has a great reputation. Check your PM for details.

TomcoPDR
04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
SEARCH YOU FUCKING NOOB

lol, easy with the language, I think Jolene's a chick name. We're low on female members as it is. Unless you were going for the equality thing where "treat every gender equally" :rofl: JK

Back on topic: Lowest I know for bodyshop $55/hr... dealership should be $80-$90/hr

Can you even get that kit anymore? If you're just going back to OEM, search on Beyond, think there were prelude bumpers around. (too lazy to do it for you)

Toms-SC
04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
pics?

l8braker
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
pics?

From her facebook:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/rmkf550/n507686127_35478_5379.jpg

TomcoPDR
04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
More pics?

Sorry, I deleted my facebook, got too depressing.

Toms-SC
04-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Hahaha srsly l8braker

TBear 2
04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
WOW people, where are these pics coming from...
its supose to be a bodywork question not a thread about me hehehe

But thanks, I plan on going back to stock with a nice lipkit, and well yes we could still be getting the bodykit if I really wanted it...

I am now waiting for the adjuster to give me a quote, and then I need to go from there...

I hate insurance!!!

CI_Josh
04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TBear 2
WOW people, where are these pics coming from...
its supose to be a bodywork question not a thread about me hehehe

But thanks, I plan on going back to stock with a nice lipkit, and well yes we could still be getting the bodykit if I really wanted it...

I am now waiting for the adjuster to give me a quote, and then I need to go from there...

I hate insurance!!!

For insurance claims I always use A1 Autobody, they specialize in Hondas and do a great job, might be worth it to get a second quote from them.

The reason I use them for insurance claims is because they do charge quite a bit... $65.00/hr. I believe. But the work they do is next to none! :)