PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Toyota is number one!

Toma
04-24-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/toyota-overtakes-general-motors-worldwide/story.aspx?guid=%7B88E14D4C%2DE9A6%2D44EE%2DB90B%2D3A50270EF706%7D

Canmorite
04-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Knew that was coming...

01RedDX
04-24-2007, 09:49 AM

BerserkerCatSplat
04-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Certainly a strong first quarter for Toyota, should be an interesting year as Toy and GM slug it out.

Toma
04-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
This is only based on 1st quarter numbers, top automaker is usually based on annual numbers.
LOL.... so to make it more fair, should we ignore total sales, and just go by profit :poosie:

Hakkola
04-24-2007, 10:01 AM
This includes sales of Toyota, Lexus, Scion and Daihatsu I'm guessing? Being number one in sales is somewhat impressive. However, this probably would have happened a long time ago if not for rental car sales. GM is a terrible company. With Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Daewoo, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn and Vauxhall, there are very few cars I would actually want to drive.

01RedDX
04-24-2007, 10:13 AM

Supa Dexta
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I was thinking this over driving on the highway today... I have to laugh every few yrs, at first it was the sunbird.. it came out and people were liking the change and update.. but a few yrs go by and people start to see what a shitty car they were, as the problems emerge and thigns start failing/ falling apart...

But wait!

Then comes the sunfire, yes a totally new car, very much improved and top notch quality, not anything like that shitty old sunbird...

Oh, but wait... Now a few yrs have gone by and we see those sunfires all bagged to shit and rusting to pieces...

But we're just in time!! the cobalt is here to save the day, what a nice new ride, nothing like that shitty old sunfire or sunbird, pos' they were..

gm just keeps feeding us the same old shit, and peoples memory's seem to be short enough, they thank them for it and continue to buy... (and yes, I know the gm nut huggers will stick up for their precious machines)

this will only go on so long, without major changes and no help from the gov't ford will be first, followed by gm who will resort to producing trucks only (the best on the market mind you... oh but wait, that day will come too) Dodge really seems to be the only one stirring the pot enough nowadays to get some interest in their new models...

bspot
04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

gm just keeps feeding us the same old shit, and peoples memory's seem to be short enough, they thank them for it and continue to buy... (and yes, I know the gm nut huggers will stick up for their precious machines)

Not this GM nut hugger.

You can't beat the price, but you find out why pretty quick.

My current car was GM's last chance to convince me not to look elsewhere. Although its been pretty good, its not enough to keep me. Next car I'm trying something else out. The newest import I've owned was 14 years old so I'll be trying a new one out.

403Gemini
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Not this GM nut hugger.

You can't beat the price, but you find out why pretty quick.

My current car was GM's last chance to convince me not to look elsewhere. Although its been pretty good, its not enough to keep me. Next car I'm trying something else out. The newest import I've owned was 14 years old so I'll be trying a new one out.

:werd:

Dont get me wrong, i really enjoy my car, but i think I want something with a bit more power and something with a tighter fit and finish.

$$$ for HP, japanese imports cant compete w/ domestics tho... and i test drove a new mustang gt and i just love how it feels.

I'll probably end up sticking with a domestic, and I am seriously eyeballing the mustang, but thats because im a NA fan :thumbsup:

but kudos to Toyota, we all saw it coming ;)