PDA

View Full Version : Buying From A Dealer

snowboard
04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
If you are too purchase a vehicle from a dealer wil they usually be cool with cutting you a deal on OEM accesorries? like Rims or a roof rack, running boards, etc etc?

Or are they kinda bitches on there accesory prices?

JRSC00LUDE
04-24-2007, 11:44 AM
From my experience, they are usually much more willing to throw in accessories than they are to move on the sticker price. I've always gotten a small amount off the price tag but usually a fairly significant amount of no charge accessories.

A $500 accessory is $500 bucks to you but likely well under half that to them.

Mitsu3000gt
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Unless you want a brand new car, you can probably save more money by buying privately and avoiding GST, admin fee (which you will only pay if your stupid IMO), and dealer markup. I don't know what kind of car you're looking at but they aren't likely going to throw in a few grand of accessories.

mo_money2supe
04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
The way I see it, a "smart" salesmen makes more money if they were to sell you accessories at a discounted price than to sell you the car at a discounted price. First of all, any money that comes off the car usually comes straight off their paycheques. Secondly, since they get their accessories at cost, they can still mark it up, thereby still making a profit, but it'll look significantly less to the customer (considering MSRP for accessories is usually >100%). Rarely will you find a dealer willing to "throw in" free accessories for you though. I don't blame them; they make no money off of it!