PDA

View Full Version : A Few Teaser Pics

Chopstix
04-24-2007, 11:13 PM
for longeviyt

benyl
04-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Don't bother with the stock hose clamps, they will leak. Go buy some T clamps.

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 07:29 AM

Idratherbsidewayz
04-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Nah, nobody cares. Big intercoolers are a dime a dozen. Nice to see it on a Subaru and not a Honda though...

Heres mine:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7158/intercooler007fwrp5.jpg

R-Audi
04-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
[B]Nah, nobody cares. Big intercoolers are a dime a dozen.

Thats because more people are interested in looking cool rather then pressure drop or performance!

Bigger isnt always better....

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 07:57 AM

Idratherbsidewayz
04-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi

Thats because more people are interested in looking cool rather then pressure drop or performance!

Bigger isnt always better....

You don't have to tell me twice, my dying turbo can't hit more than 10psi no matter what I do.

Aleks
04-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Chopstix
ah but APS is better 1psi pressure drop and with my turbo that makes no difference at all!! hehehe!!

Did I see you at Race City last year? What did it run?

l/l/rX
04-25-2007, 08:47 AM
looks like a nice fitment.

benyl
04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
ah but APS is better 1psi pressure drop and with my turbo that makes no difference at all!! hehehe!!

Not if you don't get the right clamps.

I think I still have a boost leak. Fawk.

Hope you aren't running the stock turbo, cause it is really pointless with an IC that big.

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 09:21 AM

R-Audi
04-25-2007, 09:54 AM
But i thought more people would be interested in an intercooler bigger than most people engines. (28x9.5 x 4.5 - core only)

Exactly how big is your turbo? WIth this size of intercooler you better be pushing 500+hp, or you are loosing...

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 10:17 AM

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Aleks
04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
i was running low 14's at stage 2 last summer - a little slower then i expeceted.. I plan to break into 11's this summer:eek: so it should be funn..

what were you driving last summer? i only went to race city once or twice

I had an 06 WRX I only ran it once stock and 2 times with Cobb Stage 2. Couldn't hit 13s but was very close.

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM

R-Audi
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I had a Stage 3+ A4.. (GT28rs) fastest I got was 13.9 missing third gear... but its gone now. (or will be shortly)
This year got a Stage 3 S4.. not sure if I will bring it out or not.

Think you will need more then 350-400whp to get into the 11's in Calgary..(Speaking in terms of S4 knowledge.. at Sea level, guys on the Stage 3 race program are barely breaking into the 11's with 400+whp)

jdmXSI
04-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Awwww SHIZNAT! Kris that looks sick!:D You gotta bring that down to SoC! i wanna take a peep!

Bobby

Aleks
04-25-2007, 10:38 AM
yeah i met up with you for pics once too didnt i? you sold it already? you ran 14.2 if i remember correctly

I did run 14.2 stock and 14.1 with stage 2 but i don't think i ever went for pics. The stock run was on a perfect night for racing in Calgary so thats why the difference seems small.

Yes I sold mine already. Good luck with your buildup.

Idratherbsidewayz
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
11's on an AWD car, do you need to strengthen the driveshaft and axles?

4doorj
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
car looks good!

spec c
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
If your goal was to break those kinda times you should have gone with a beefy tmic.

I hope you were smart and decided to use an induction box and a charge pipe to fit the IC pipes instead of using a regular intake system.

The worest of it all tho is calgary roads, FMICs in subarus are pure "bling factor" so you're probably gonna be pissed in two weeks time when you see how beat up your FMIC is due to the rock chips.

and there are many MANY subarus in Calgary who do have fmics, they just lurk nasioc and never post or go to meets, once you start looking you will see there is more than you think.

upgrading all the parts you're doing is cool and all, but if you plan to run it hard(RCMP QM) then your next investment after the turbo should be a better tranny asap. so many people claim this wont be a problem and that the wrx tranny will hold :bullshit: i have the same car as you do with about 380ish whp and my tranny was done even after babying it after about 2 weeks. thankgod another sti died so that i had a donar transmission.

benyl
04-25-2007, 02:02 PM
they just lurk nasioc and never post or go to meets, once you start looking you will see there is more than you think

:werd:

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 03:03 PM

benyl
04-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I don't know about Bobby, but Kevin has a DR525, not 725.

spec c
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
dude, no offence but if you think you know the hardcore suby lurkers as mods on those forums, you have no idea what you're talking about.

...rob and bobby are dealers of APS so of course they will push the product. lemme guess you got your FMIC from there too?

Im not here to bag on your thread or aps or Tunerworks or anything. I have a high level of respect for the shop/brand. but to me it seems like you have a need to brag about things that nobody cares about anymore. You even seemed to get mad at the fact the benyl suggested to buy some t clamps (which is a must in my eyes), instead of saying "WOW NICE FMIC" or any other various compliment. not only that but we all know you're a mod at ASC and you just blurt it out expecting me to respect you as a tuner cuz you are. You even go so far to drop names of people you apparently chill with to gain more respect. lastly, a TMIC is way better performance wise than a fmic. but you had to add the fmic cuz its whats seen by people.

anyways, i personally think you should have put more thought into your build then you did. putting on the FMIC without the turbo upgrade does....

anyways, goodluck with your build. i dont mean to offend you or anything by this post so dont take it that way. even if you do i could care less. just to me a mod should be done to improve a car in one way or another without the sacrifice of anything else and your thread here kinda defeats that purpose.

90_Shelby
04-25-2007, 04:52 PM
On this forum you can post a pic like this, and the car has run 11's and it will run faster, and no one cares unless it's a bodykit for a Honda.

xrayvsn
04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by spec c
lastly, a TMIC is way better performance wise than a fmic. but you had to add the fmic cuz its whats seen by people.

anyways, i personally think you should have put more thought into your build then you did. putting on the FMIC without the turbo upgrade does....

It seems to me that the recommendation for going with a bigger turbo like a green is to upgrade to a FMIC. Even on a 20G, it looks like an FMIC will net more top end at the price of lag, right?

I personally like the TMIC for various reasons, but I wouldn't say that it is better performance wise. Sure the FMIC can cause that rich spike when building boost, but doesn't it improve the top end? Besides, there is less issue with heatsoak with a FMIC when a big snail heats things up on the right side of that engine bay.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
On this forum you can post a pic like this, and the car has run 11's and it will run faster, and no one cares unless it's a bodykit for a Honda.

I can't even tell what the hell that is! Daytona, or some other turbo Dodge, maybe?

spec c
04-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

It seems to me that the recommendation for going with a bigger turbo like a green is to upgrade to a FMIC. Even on a 20G, it looks like an FMIC will net more top end at the price of lag, right?

I personally like the TMIC for various reasons, but I wouldn't say that it is better performance wise. Sure the FMIC can cause that rich spike when building boost, but doesn't it improve the top end? Besides, there is less issue with heatsoak with a FMIC when a big snail heats things up on the right side of that engine bay.

Well everyones idea of whats better can differ, me personally i see a TMIC as the better choice cuz you get the best of both worlds. You DO get more power with it but its more steady imporvement across the whole powerband(well when boost hits). without the increased lag and infact will actually improve lag once you have a bigger turbo. With a fmic you do gain more top end but at the expense of boost lag. Thats something any turbo car should NEVER INCREASE. Subaru engines in general are ment to have a TMIC. This is why the worlds fastest subarus have beefy tmics and not fmics. even the spt drag cars (some run the biggest turbos on the planet) all know better, its a good gain for top end but not to improve accel, infact it will actually decrease it.

heatsoak is never an issue.

all in all you loose more than you gain other than looks

Pee_Sack
04-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Maybe he is going for the show aspect also? I know his car is already entered in a few car shows.

When you have as much money as him you can just throw it around like it doesn't mean anything.

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
FYI
sr/55 327hp/271 tq = 11.67
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/chuckschick_2006/?action=view&current=mzm_1168-1.flv

Synne
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I can't even tell what the hell that is! Daytona, or some other turbo Dodge, maybe?

FC Drag machine???

I mean i am not offended and i could care less if you think i am a young punk kid who has no idea or want not.

Is that you in that pic??

If so mang, j00 gotsta b liek 30+.

spec c
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
dude, dont get all pissy over this. i dont claim to know everything what so ever. its your own words i used against you, plain and simple. you clearly said that you're building this for drag. if thats what you're building it for then yeah an fmic is not the best way to go. You clearly stated this is a show off thread, be proud of what you buy all you wish im not mad at that but dont cry when you dont get a compliment and take the good advice benyl offered to you.

by me stating that heatsoak isnt an issue, i mean its so easy to fix that it shouldnt cross anyones mind. esp somone who has the access to loads of info such as the internet and all your "super tuners"

For someone who wasnt offended by my post you sure had quite the number of words and insults to me. so cry and be poutty all you'd like. you sure do set one hell of a good example for the subaru crowd.

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 10:05 PM

spec c
04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
yeah thats fine man, i wasnt meaning to be a dink either. ive been where you are MANY MANY times in the past. i have had litteraly atleast 4 or 5 fmics on my many subarus before i learned that they're not the way to go if you want pure performance as i do now.

what happend to your grille?

PS you look like Curt Hennig

Chopstix
04-25-2007, 11:00 PM

Synne
04-26-2007, 12:06 AM
uh 23 thanks though?

You're welcome, j00 gots me beat in the age factor old mang.

Watch out silver fox run!;)

EDIT:

Sorry I just looked again...and...you have to be the oldest 23 year old I've ever seen.

...just had to you know ...put that out there...

...maybe no wearing caps??:dunno: you know maybe?

Ekliptix
04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Low 14's last year and hopes for 11's this year? :nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

benyl
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah... I was thinking the same thing, but didn't say anything.

With a 20G, you will be lucky to hit mid 12s on a low density altitude day. Alcohol injection might get you to the low 12s. After that, it is all about the driver.

But by that time, you tranny will be toast and you will likely snapped your rear axels.

Chopstix
04-26-2007, 09:50 AM

Ekliptix
04-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Keep us updated. I'm interested to see what happens at the track.

gpomp
04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Low 14's last year and hopes for 11's this year? :nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

can't wait to see what happens at the track.

GreyFox
04-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Were you driving north on barlow today about 640 ish? If that was you your car is looking good and sounding even better.

Chopstix
04-26-2007, 08:38 PM

jdmXSI
04-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey Kris, i just found out i can get a Subaru Euro spec STi drive shaft for $1000-1500! im not too sure on the price but its around that. I was told its a 20kg drive shaft! let me know if you want it and i can find out an exact price!

Fuji
04-26-2007, 11:49 PM

just incase you missed this one..... reading is your friend... either ppg or kaaz gears if I want to keep the 5 speed.....:eek: at the fact that someone would actually think ahead. and if i only break into the mid 12's then i guess i need to go FP green or 35r it is all a game of money and time.....:nut: if my only concern were makig the 11's i would buy a SRT-4 :confused: but i prefer having a nice car. or a RB swapped silvia like my friends.

Subarus were never designed for straightline 1/4 mile speed. So it's jsut about how much money you have to spend when you break shit all the time lol.

You shoulda got an Evo lol

Chopstix
04-27-2007, 08:05 AM

Chopstix
04-27-2007, 02:15 PM
sorry wrong thread

mdeleon
04-27-2007, 06:28 PM
hey you live in the same condo bulding as my buddy, i see your car all the time cuz you're always at the spot (the spot where your car is parked in the pic) that my buddy used to always park at haha first come first serve i guess. nice car tho...white car ftw!

Chopstix
05-04-2007, 11:18 AM

GTS Jeff
06-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Chopstick got Prawned.

Ekliptix
06-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Chopstick, why'd you delete all the text in your posts??? What's happening with the car?

benyl
06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
My guess is that he broke something and is trying to get Subaru to fix it.

hjr
06-04-2007, 12:02 PM
awww, poor guy, had to delete all his posts so he didnt look like an idiot....... (of course that didnt work!)

EK 2.0
06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
so uhmmm...what happened here??