PDA

View Full Version : OOP Inspection Q's

MidnightDreamer
04-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Just imported a 180 from Japan. I was wondering if people who have imported can share a bit about their experiences. This is all new to me and it's a little bit frustrating getting through all the steps to register and get the car on the road.

So far I have insured the car and bought an in transit permit for it. I have my inspection papers so I can have the car inspected at any time... But here is where I am a bit confused...

Do I need a recall clearance letter from the manufacturer to take to whoever is inspecting my vehicle?

I have looked over all of the requirements for OOP, and it looks like I am only missing the DRL's. Is there anything I might be missing? BTW, great guy on this forum has offered to help me wire up the DRL's, but he's booked up until mid may. Anywhere I else I could get this done sometime this week?

Last thing, the steering in my car starts to vibrate left and right at higher speeds. This happens around 80-100kph, but then tappers out at around 110. Would this most likely have something to do with my alignment?

Thanks in advanced for your replies.

carter_prelude
04-24-2007, 11:39 PM
your wheels may need to be rebalanced, my Talon did that and a balance fixed it. It could be your alignment to though, theres alot of factors that cause a shaky streering wheel.

can't help you with the DRL's tho sorry :thumbsup:

jdmXSI
04-24-2007, 11:39 PM
The one issue i had were the front and rear bumper re-bar, if you have it, thats great then:thumbsup:// I dont think you will need a recal clearance letter though