PDA

View Full Version : When will Skyline R34's be available to the Canadian market?

Speed_RaSiR
04-25-2007, 08:10 AM
What about R33's. Looking for a fun car.

Speed_RaSiR
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
And got any links to check out what available for JDM cars for sale?

TeamBestBud
04-25-2007, 08:14 AM
15 years from the date it was made. That goes for any JDM car.

importconcern.ca
jdmconnection.ca

SEARCH!!

-KiTtY- boo
04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
http://importconcern.ca

I believe R33 comes out next year, and R34 in 2010 or 2011

Eleanor
04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
R33 GTS-T next year, GTR's are a another year past that IIRC.

Speed_RaSiR
04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
15 years from the date it was made. That goes for any JDM car.

importconcern.ca
jdmconnection.ca

SEARCH!!

I don't know when the first year R34's came out in Japan. Anyone know?

-KiTtY- boo
04-25-2007, 08:19 AM
R34's were built in 1998

Speed_RaSiR
04-25-2007, 08:25 AM
damn, what a gay law! I have to wait until 2010.

-KiTtY- boo
04-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

actually you have to wait till 2013 for the R34, i was wrong in my other post:D

4doorj
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
i cant wait to see r34's in calgary :drool:

Speed_RaSiR
04-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
i cant wait to see r34's in calgary :drool:

dude your S2K looks crazy, got any more pics?

Speed_RaSiR
04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by -KiTtY- boo

actually you have to wait till 2013 for the R34, i was wrong in my other post:D

Oh hell no! I have to wait that long to live my Gran Turismo fantasies.

Aleks
04-25-2007, 08:36 AM

Or 2020 or later if they change the laws. :rofl:

Good news though. A brand new Skyline is coming to NA in a year or two so all the skyline fans can buy that instead no waiting ;)

4doorj
04-25-2007, 09:08 AM

dude your S2K looks crazy, got any more pics?

thanks!
i do but unfortunately i sold that one...but i bought a new yellow one

Teggy
04-25-2007, 09:12 AM
ok, i thought the R33's were produced in 1995, and the R34's came into production in 1999??? Anways,ya those laws do suck, my dream car is the s15 silvia, but they never hit production til 1998

projekz
04-25-2007, 09:12 AM

You can just take a plane to Japan and rent one. They even have track events that you can enter.:thumbsup:

typhoonslippery
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
http://djauto.ca/vehicleDetails.php?vehicleID=48

DUUDE ... I found an importer who has a R34 ...... straight up son!!!!

now tell me again why I cant have a R34 again ? my dream can now be realized

sputnik
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM

At that point you will be an old man buying a Cadillac.

DC2
04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

thanks!
i do but unfortunately i sold that one...but i bought a new yellow one

J, I saw you on 36th a week ago. Verrrrry nice, she sounds mean.

arian_ma
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Or 2020 or later if they change the laws. :rofl:

Good news though. A brand new Skyline is coming to NA in a year or two so all the skyline fans can buy that instead no waiting ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You mean the skyline fans who paid 6g's for their car?
You want them to go buy a $100k one?
:rofl:

crazydude
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
As it stands "they" are currently determineing if they are gonna even allow any RHD vechiles due to insane accident rates of RHD vechiles. At least thats what I have read in a few papers.

So maybe youll never get one! :D

Cornfed
04-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by typhoonslippery
http://djauto.ca/vehicleDetails.php?vehicleID=48

DUUDE ... I found an importer who has a R34 ...... straight up son!!!!

now tell me again why I cant have a R34 again ? my dream can now be realized

Thats not an R34. You can even see the badge there doesn't even say GT-R. It's the Bee*R kit for R32's.

calgarys13
04-26-2007, 11:04 PM
no look it has r34 headlights!
realize the dream!

maxcashbmf
04-26-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't know much about different types of Skylines, but a friend of mine has an 89 Skyline with low mileage for sale in low 20's that is presently registered in Canada.

MaX

inline6turbo
04-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by maxcashbmf
I don't know much about different types of Skylines, but a friend of mine has an 89 Skyline with low mileage for sale in low 20's that is presently registered in Canada.

MaX

low 20's? I can only imagine that as being, what, 80$ then right? Cause anyone trying to get over 20k is on crack :rofl:
it's damn near 19 years old lol

Speed_RaSiR
04-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Also can someone please explain to me how you can buy a 15 year old car from Japan with only 40,000k on it? Sounds kinda sketchy...

crazydude
04-27-2007, 09:04 AM
sketchy? You must not understand how things work in in Japan. I am sure some vechiles ahve the odometer changed..... but they do not have alot of roads there, people take public transportation due to massive traffic, the older a car gets in japan, the more cash it costs to re-reg it.... thus only the RICH can afford these cars.

inline6turbo
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
80% of the cars that come from there have their odos turned back, this i know because my frist one was also turned back. the reason is because once a car reached 180k it's not allowed to be driven anymore due to emmisions and such.
so when it gets there, or close, people turn them back. but the issue is they can check this and are very stingent, thus why lot's of cars end up sitting in HUGE lots waiting for places like first Australia (who's import rule is only 10 years) and then Canada (15 years) to import them all. That is why lot's have undercarriage rust, rubber that's cracking, and in general, shabby appearances.
But for cars that have TRUE 40k (ive seen as low as 29k :eek: ) that's totally viable.
Because of the mass population not to many people over there actually have cars, and those who do can't drive them to work anyways, 90% of people take public transportation.
When you have a country that holds 128million people (tokyo alone with 8 million :eek:, greater tokyo has 35mil) on a country exatly half the size of alberta, what do you expect! In comparison that's like cramming the entire population of the USA into Alberta haha

mx73someday
04-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
80% of the cars that come from there have their odos turned back, this i know because my frist one was also turned back. the reason is because once a car reached 180k it's not allowed to be driven anymore due to emmisions and such.

These two statements aren't true. Maybe a large number of Skyline's have tampered or switched odo's, especially GT-R's, but there are tons of normal models that don't have odometer tampering. Cars with high mileage lose all their value in Japan, they are more likely to be junked.

maxcashbmf
04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
hey, not my car. I just know that is what the guy in houston wants for his car. I'm sure that a serious buyer with cash could get the car for considerably less. I have a 1991 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo with 23,000 actual miles that is in absolutely pristine perfect showroom new condition, has never been damaged in any way, not a mark inside or out, never been touched with a wrench except tp change the oil and i would not even consider taking anything less than $28,000.00 for it. Been offered 23 to 25 many times and decined. I am a wholeseller and I live by NADA pricing every day as far as presently manufactured cars, but when something is both "Old and New" and is not and never will be manufactured again, it is not a bad idea to own it. It has always proven to be a positive experience, both entertaining and profitable for me. The NADA or Kelly book is the bible and appies 100% in the wholesale and retail world, but in the world of collectables they are totally non-existent. These prices have nothing to do with tangible values, but are determined by only one thing. "Desire' alone and nothing else. Who wants it the most. If you look closely you will see that "desire" most of the time places a much higher value than MSRP. On one hand you are right...some older vehicles are junk and will never aquire any real net worth, but others will acheive monetary status that will blow your mind. Which ones will they be? You have to deside. The Skyline in Houston is registered in Canada and is an exspensive pain in the ass process transition to US, But I would say that a clean, low mileage, original 89 Skyline for 20 grand already registered in your country is a no brainer good investment. When you dangle it out there in front a bilions of peope there will be a strong desire to own it,not from countries where they are plentifu,but from places where they have never been sold or marketed like the US and others.People want what the can't have. If I did not have my hands full racing with clock to complete restoration projects for next year and a wife that totay freaks out and bitch over all of what she cals my 'toys", I would have aready purchased the skyine.

Thanks
MaX

Justing
04-28-2007, 03:27 PM
^ o hi

when did skylines become collector cars?
also, what the hell are you talking about?

maxcashbmf
04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
refering to inline6turbo's post regarding value of 89 skyine.

Now replying to your post....what the hell...

skyline may not be a true international collector, but on an intra-national scale in countries where there has never been a retail market such as US where 95% of the population has never heard of a skyline because there are maybe 100 or less registered here, a higher value exist in a kind of collectable type environment. If you lived in the US and had never lived in a country where Skylines were available and decided that you wanted to purchase and register a skyline you would understand what I am saying.

inline6turbo
04-28-2007, 04:22 PM
You are right about a value of a car is what someone is willing to pay, this i know.
But
We live in Canada
Not the USA
Things are different.
Until the law is changed a skylines value will only fall (go on importconcerns's website and notice the gtst for 3600).
But with anticipation of the new law being passed I bought my GTR. So I know what you're talking about.

KuruptEX
04-28-2007, 04:28 PM
^^ its auto.........

inline6turbo
04-28-2007, 04:42 PM
it sure is lol

maxcashbmf
04-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey Inline,

You are absolutely correct The book still controls the skyline value over there and you must play by the rules that apply to YOU! Anticipating discontinued models, will it develope any collectable value? I love this stuff. I see that you, like mysef, have enough confidence in yourself to go ahead and take the financial risk of buying based on your gut feeling instead of playing it safe and waiting around for a car to become a confirmed collectable and paying way to much for it. There is no fun in that. Last month I saw a 1990 ZR1 Vette go for $48,500.00 @ Barrett Jacksonwith a book value of only $23,000. This is the first time that I have seen a ZR1 show collector potential, though I had always thought that they should. I immebiately located and purchased a 90 ZR1 with 25,000 mi. (had been in national corvette museum) for $27,000.00. Anticipating 55k to 60k + in 09 BJ auction. Looking at another one with 18kmi.

MaX

maxcashbmf
04-28-2007, 05:44 PM
You are right about a value of a car is what someone is willing to pay, this i know.
But
We live in Canada
Not the USA
Things are different.
Until the law is changed a skylines value will only fall (go on importconcerns's website and notice the gtst for 3600).
But with anticipation of the new law being passed I bought my GTR. So I know what you're talking about.

Hey Inline,
Couple of questions....

1) are the older skylines over there (like you refer to for 3600) plentiful in that price range?

2) are they right or left hand stearing?

3) Do you know apox. the cost to register car from canada to US?

There is definately a margin for profit as far as the buy price, it just depends on all that other baggage attached to it.

MaX

Synne
04-28-2007, 05:54 PM
so when it gets there, or close, people turn them back. but the issue is they can check this and are very stingent, thus why lot's of cars end up sitting in HUGE lots waiting for places like first Australia (who's import rule is only 10 years) and then Canada (15 years) to import them all. That is why lot's have undercarriage rust, rubber that's cracking, and in general, shabby appearances.
But for cars that have TRUE 40k (ive seen as low as 29k :eek: ) that's totally viable.
Because of the mass population not to many people over there actually have cars, and those who do can't drive them to work anyways, 90% of people take public transportation.
When you have a country that holds 128million people (tokyo alone with 8 million :eek:, greater tokyo has 35mil) on a country exatly half the size of alberta, what do you expect! In comparison that's like cramming the entire population of the USA into Alberta haha

These statements are a little off.

Cars with over 180K KM on them in Japan are allowed on the roads if they pass the shaken inspections like every other car...it has nothing at all to do with an absolute number such as that.

The older the car, the more frequent the inspections are required, that's the only catch to older vehicles in Japan.

90% of ppl take Public Transportation? Try like 99%

However, most ppl only take the public transportation to get to and from work. During evenings and weekends most families drive their cars.

I don't think you should be throwing out random guesses based on your sole assumptions.

Penguin_Racecar
04-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by maxcashbmf

Hey Inline,
Couple of questions....

1) are the older skylines over there (like you refer to for 3600) plentiful in that price range?

2) are they right or left hand stearing?

3) Do you know apox. the cost to register car from canada to US?

There is definately a margin for profit as far as the buy price, it just depends on all that other baggage attached to it.

MaX

If you're paying only 3600 for a skyline it would probably be a worn down (accident repaired, engine issues, rust, high km, etc) gts-t or a non turbo model. Don't bother with anything less than auction grade 3. I personally wouldn't import lower than 3.5. You can pick up a GTS-T auction grade 3-3.5 for probably around 6-7k, and they are plentiful in that price range.

All skylines are Right hand drive

Registration cost is the same for any car here. You do have to pass out of province inspection, which costs approx $80 at most places in Calgary.

maxcashbmf
04-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

If you're paying only 3600 for a skyline it would probably be a worn down (accident repaired, engine issues, rust, high km, etc) gts-t or a non turbo model. Don't bother with anything less than auction grade 3. I personally wouldn't import lower than 3.5. You can pick up a GTS-T auction grade 3-3.5 for probably around 6-7k, and they are plentiful in that price range.

All skylines are Right hand drive

Registration cost is the same for any car here. You do have to pass out of province inspection, which costs approx $80 at most places in Calgary.

Thanks penguin_racecar,

Thats the info i was looking for. I was told that the entire process associated with changing a canadian registered car into a US registered car was expensive. I buy a lot of high line cars @ the california auctions and my shipping cost back to Louisana are reasonabe. (Full 10 car truck-$250.00 per car or ligt load 2 to 4 cars-$350 to $400.00 per car. I guess it woud be a safe estimate double this from Canada. Now I would be at 500 to 800 per car just in shipping. I don't mind paying these kind of rates when shipping jags, mercedes, bmw, lexus or other 25k to 35k high line items, but can't make it work with 5k - 7k cars. Every time I try to make one of these tight margin deals work, I get my ass hung in a sling some kind of way always ending up in the loss column.

.......unless i could buy really low.

MAX

Speed_RaSiR
04-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Isn't there supposed to be a bunch of JDM supra's coming available as well soon?