PDA

View Full Version : What makes you eat there?

sdiep
04-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey,

I was just wondering what makes you choose the restaurant/place to eat? Is it the cost or does it all depend on the food that they serve? Some people care about what the restaurant looks like too. Like, if it has bad decor or something.

For me, price does come into play. But sometimes the food outweighs the cost. It also matters if I am on the run, because I'll just grab a quick bite then, but I have the usual restaurants that I go to. And they average in price range and serve pretty decent food, but it wouldn't be dubbed the cleanest and most modernized place though.

So, how about everyone else? Does price really matter if their food is good?

Si_FlyGuy
04-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Of course price matters, but here're the things that I look for in no particular order:

1. Creativity/Uniqueness
2. Quality/Freshness
3. Service
4. Cleanliness
5. Ambiance (less weight than the others)
6. Value

Overall, I would say that I go more for the chef than the maitre'd or wine.

LuxCars
04-26-2007, 08:59 AM
For me it mainly depends on the atmosphere (like the appeal of the restaurant)
and the servers...damn if there servers are ugly than theres a good chance i may not go.
the food plays a slight role, im not too picky and i can usually find anything to eat.

for example when my friends decide were to go for dinner it always happens like this:
"where do you wanna eat?"
"doesnt matter man, i dont care"
"yo, i hear joey's has some hot servers"
"lets go to joey's"

HoisinSauce
04-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars
and the servers...damn if there servers are ugly than theres a good chance i may not go.
the food plays a slight role, im not too picky and i can usually find anything to eat.

for example when my friends decide were to go for dinner it always happens like this:
"lets go to joey's"

:rofl:

Mixalot27
04-26-2007, 09:24 AM
I just go to whatever place I have a coupon for. Unless I'm on a date, then I judge based on how its going so far. If I think she's going to put out I take her somewhere nice. If not we go to Mcdonalds and I buy her a happy meal. :rofl:

Frosty66
04-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
I just go to whatever place I have a coupon for. Unless I'm on a date, then I judge based on how its going so far. If I think she's going to put out I take her somewhere nice. If not we go to Mcdonalds and I buy her a happy meal. :rofl:

There's a man with his priorities set straight :rofl:

3g4me
04-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Service is the key for me. No service i walk. Sometimes i have to go to like 3-4 restaurants till i find decent service, drives my fiance' crazy but i just cant stand Shitty service.

JRSC00LUDE
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Well for me having it clean-shaven helps as it's all in the presentation. Having a shower beforehand never hurts her case either as fresh ingredients are always important to a satisfying meal.

topmade
04-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Food has to taste good, end of story. It's a bonus if service is good, atmosphere is nice, price is good, hot waitresses, but if the food ain't good, i'm not coming back.

Ice712
04-26-2007, 01:43 PM
For me it's:

a) Good Food (quality, freshness)
b) Service
c) Consistency of a) and b)

Price is not a major factor for me...you can get good cheap food and bad expensive food.

Frankly speaking I am finding it quite difficult to find places that meet my 3 criteria in Calgary. There are a handful of establishments I frequent but for the most part this city is full of below average establishments. The service is usually pretty bad, prices are too high for what you get, and the variety of restaurants is very week for a city that has 1,000,000 people.

Calgary's dinning scene is so lame!

Mitsu3000gt
04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars

"lets go to joey's"

I've never seen a restraunt with that many crazily hot girls in my life. Other restraunts have their gems, but honestly every girl I saw there (when I was there last) was outstanding. The owner must be a guy for sure :thumbsup:

adamc
05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
which location?

chinook joeys was a pretty big disappointment when it came to the talent.

thanatos1111
05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I have an inside tip at Joeys that pretty much told me his manager wouldn't hire anyone under an 8 on the 10 scale. If a chick came in with a resume, he'd get one of the bartenders to take the resume, then before he'd look at the resume he'd ask the bartender what she rated. Under 7 gets filed in the big round bin. Times may have changed though with Calgary's job crunch.....

TVG
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I worked at joeys for a bit and I once saw them turn away a fat girl on the spot lol.