PDA

View Full Version : Bike Tricks

Ricey_Ricerson
06-08-2003, 07:52 PM
i know its bad to do trick/ stupid stunts on the bike.. but how do u do wheelies and endo's and stuff??

and does anyone that ride a bike do that stuff??? :dunno:

method
06-08-2003, 08:00 PM
first, jump off a bridge and stuff.

ramminghard
06-08-2003, 08:40 PM
i do it on dirt bikes. try here there is a stunting forum.

www.sportbikes.net

HACHIROKU_4AG
06-10-2003, 09:03 PM
you should try one particular trick NO - ONE dares attempt!

it's called the T A N K S L A P P E R

that'll make everyone want to be like you.

dogstar
06-11-2003, 12:24 PM
you guys are mean... :D

dont do tricks on a bike unless you want me to come to your funeral.

just a word of warning, ive seen guys get paralized when they pulled a wheelie and the bike came over on top of them.
one guy, about 3 years ago,
he couldnt get out from under the bike in time, and he was riding a hayabusa.
500 odd pounds came down on top of him, shattered his rib cage, drove a rib through his left lung, two ribs through his right lung.
his spine was broken in four places, his pelvis shattered, and the bike crushed his helmet enough to give him brain damage.

i think he got out of hospital just recently, his mom feeds him and takes him for walks on a leash now.

and thats why tricks are stupid.

kevie88
06-11-2003, 12:51 PM
On the other hand, I've known people to loop it and come out fine, no injuries at all. Luck of the draw I guess!!

lightsout
06-11-2003, 01:26 PM
so basicly the hole saying here is be safe and make sure you no what the hell you are doing before you do it.

kevie88
06-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Yep!

Khyron
06-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Sooo back to the original question - what's a safe way to learn how to wheelie? Not like you can do it on the grass, or use training wheels. :P

Khyron

theken
06-13-2003, 02:11 PM
take wight off the front tire and give it gas, endo push the front brake, didnt u ever ride a bmx or anything??

Khyron
06-13-2003, 02:28 PM
I did the BMX thing (still have one) and could catwalk for blocks at a time. Could bunny hop a few feet too. Doesn't quite work the same on a zx6r. :dunno:

But yah, I've played with braking and pushing down hard on the front forks to get some shock compression, then gas it hard as the shocks push back (and pull back my weight as well) - I just end up going really fast. I know you need more than 600 to pop front wheels at will without really accelerating, but I'd like to be able to do it.

Btw, when I was learning on the bmx, I popped the bike up too far and ended up on my feet walking the bike many many times. I don't really want to try that with a motorcycle. :thumbsup:

Khyron

kevie88
06-13-2003, 02:33 PM
if you do a little l-r-l weave before you hit the power to load up the suspension a little it should come up fine. you have to kinda time the weave with the power.
This sounds wierd but when you see someone do it it makes sense.

Another way I've done wheelies on a 600 is to hold it leaned over in a corner a little longer than usual, then right at the point where you would normally be up n' down YANK the bike straight up and nail it at the same time. This one took me a while to get, and I'm still not very good at it.

The bottom line is that there is absolutely no way to practice this shit safely on a streetbike, and every time you try this stuff your risking severe injury or death, I can't emphasize that enough.

YCB
06-13-2003, 04:12 PM
i heard when ur doin wheelies... u rev it up to around like 5.. then release the throttle,, then gun the trottle again and pull and stuff. haha i dunno.

Khyron
06-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
if you do a little l-r-l weave before you hit the power to load up the suspension a little it should come up fine. you have to kinda time the weave with the power.
This sounds wierd but when you see someone do it it makes sense.

Another way I've done wheelies on a 600 is to hold it leaned over in a corner a little longer than usual, then right at the point where you would normally be up n' down YANK the bike straight up and nail it at the same time. This one took me a while to get, and I'm still not very good at it.

The bottom line is that there is absolutely no way to practice this shit safely on a streetbike, and every time you try this stuff your risking severe injury or death, I can't emphasize that enough.

Yah I'm aware about the danger - hence going realllllll slow (had bike for 2 years, still haven't lifted front wheel). Weaving sounds dangerous - seen quite a few rear wheel wobble crashes...

Khyron

Arthur
06-16-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Sooo back to the original question - what's a safe way to learn how to wheelie? Not like you can do it on the grass, or use training wheels. :P

Khyron

i read about a wheelie school i think in cali. in a magazine of mine ill go look for it in a bit

Integra Type R
06-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Yesterday was the second time for me on a bike and I had a pretty good catwalk goin on, just scared the shit out of me and when the tire came back and met the road I slammed into the gas tank. Very unprepared for that!!!!!!

Neons4life
06-18-2003, 03:41 PM
How to wheelie a 600

first off the less you do the better, don't pull on the bars, the less you have to do the safer, let the bike do the work for you. A 600 has more than enough power to bring the front wheel up. If it ain't coming up then you're doing it wrong. Read this again and try again.

go down a open, long stretch of road

be in 1st Gear

be in your power band(10,000-10,500 rpm) will do fine, maybe more to start.

hold the tank firmly with your legs

have a relaxed grip on the bars

shift your weight to the back of the bike, or as far back as is comfy for yourself.

NOW FOR THE FUN PART

be in the power band(10,500RPM)

hold it there,

now roll(snap) of the gas fast, and snap it back on. This action should be done really fast. The purpose is to preload your shocks, and then by the time your snapping the gas back on the shocks are rebounding.

THERE YOU GO, A HOW TO WHEELIE

if the front didn't come up, then read this and TRY, TRY again.
you will naturally lean forward and put the front tire right back to the ground as soon as you feel it coming up, it's natural to do so.
So just keep practicing.

I am not responsible for any faults that occur when doing this

Peace, James

Ricey_Ricerson
06-18-2003, 10:30 PM
NICE... good stuff

DUBBED
06-19-2003, 10:05 AM
i worked with this guy once who said if he dropped it into first going 125 he could wheelie for like km....

too bad he got hit by a car before he could show me but yeah... he rode like an idiot...

eclipse2000
07-03-2003, 06:54 AM
To pull a wheelie all you have to do is get on it and crack open the throttle the bike will do the best. Just make sure you balance yourself. To pull an endo get going a little bit and then slam on your front brakes and lean forward, but not too hard or you will flip. I used to do that stuff. I had a 93 GSXR 750. Nice fast. Until I laid it down in a clover leaf, I was going about 90 mph into it and misjudged it. Laid it down. I used to have the full racing body suit so I was ok. But my suit got all fucked up.

2M6
07-23-2003, 06:13 PM
be in your power band(10,000-10,500 rpm) will do fine, maybe more to start.

This is very bad advise. Do you really need to rev that high? I can bring my R6 up at 4500 rpm in first and 6-7000 in second. It will come up in third at about 8500. I shift in a wheelie at around 10,000.

If this guy tries this he will prolly loop it and end up on his ass. There is no need to rev that high unless you are on a racetrack just hauling ass. Bikes aren't designed for wheelies and the engines don't get the best oiling tilted back at an angle like that. The less you rev it the better.

K271
07-24-2003, 12:53 AM
Stunts are for posers. Not worth the risk or injury nor even damage to the bike just pull some stunt. Do them on BMX's not a $15000 dollar machine.

tommy1223
07-24-2003, 01:04 AM
ok first of all HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN RIDING?

if u have been riding for YEARS and are comfortable with your handling and everything, start off small on the tricks like pop a small wheelie and see how well u can do that and such.

OR get a crap bike and try it on that so if u fall u wont ruin ur good bike!

Ducati
02-02-2004, 12:39 AM
If you want to learn to do tricks, do it in the dirt.

Lets not all be hypocritical here, guys...and girl...
We all have popped wheelies. Or tried to - right?
Fess up. It was FUN.

While I am not going to advocate doing it on the street, I will say that I actually enjoy the feeling of being out on an open straight-a-way, givving er' and feeling the front end get light for a few seconds and sensing the front loft. I havent done that since getting a massive ticket in 1999 for doing it on relatively traffic-free 152nd Street, in Surrey ($476). I was caught waaay up in the air and no where to get away when I saw the RCMP cruiser crest the little hill. So Fucking Busted!

Allright! So that makes me a bad human being and a squid and in league with Satan, and therefore no-one to listen to. But really guys...

In The Dirt! Get a 250 cc or larger motocross bike that has enough power to power wheelie without using the clutch, and practice, practice..wipe out a few times...and practice some more.

ramminghard
02-02-2004, 12:52 AM
You don't even need a 250. i can wheelie my little 80cc. it is all technique.

method
02-02-2004, 12:56 AM
TONS of people clutch up.

Khyron
02-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Hrm, old thread - cool. I tried it half-heartedly last summer and felt the front get lighter, but nothing like a wheelie. So this year after I get some proper bike pants and boots I'm gonna practice until I get it. I just don't like ending up going 100+ - I swear I've seen tons of guys pop them at 60 and stay at 60.

Khyron

Ducati
02-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah, and I can wheelie this here computer chair that I am sitting in.

The earlier description from Neons4life was a good point-by-point description on how to wheelie a mid-size sportbike, but I am here to tell you that the most satisfying wheelies are the ones that happen with Raw Power. They are the most controllable wheelies. No clutch - just Grunt.

Mind you, I would just love to have Methods scooter to wheelie on.

cbr_ryder
02-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by HACHIROKU_4AG
you should try one particular trick NO - ONE dares attempt!

it's called the T A N K S L A P P E R

that'll make everyone want to be like you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ya that trick is tons of fun....

ramminghard
02-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Hrm, old thread - cool. I tried it half-heartedly last summer and felt the front get lighter, but nothing like a wheelie. So this year after I get some proper bike pants and boots I'm gonna practice until I get it. I just don't like ending up going 100+ - I swear I've seen tons of guys pop them at 60 and stay at 60.

Khyron

Those are the guys that can get the bike to the balance point on hte rear wheel. then no throttle is needed.They would clutch those up. Power wheelies you will accelerate in.

YCB
02-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Tutorials...

wheelie -- http://www.uponone.com/viewhowtos19.php

stoppies -- http://www.uponone.com/viewhowtos20.php

and everything else

http://www.uponone.com/howtos.php

Khyron
02-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Looks like a good tutorial - will read it later. Thx!

Speaking of gear - when's the best time to buy things like boots, back protectors etc? End of season, now, or wait till all the start of season sales?

Khyron

YCB
02-02-2004, 05:56 PM
i dun have a bike or gear but im lookin.. i think either before the riding season or after.. i found some good deals.. but i dun have the cash...

JustinL
02-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Ricey_Ricerson
i know its bad to do trick/ stupid stunts on the bike.. but how do u do wheelies and endo's and stuff??

and does anyone that ride a bike do that stuff??? :dunno:

My jargon may be dated and the term endo might be different now, but...

On a mountainbike an "endo" (end over end) is bad... on a motorbike.... this seems like the kind of trick that would cost a lot of money.

Justin

method
02-02-2004, 06:56 PM
fucking hard to wheelie this thing in stock setup.. I have to sit waaay back with my feet on the passenger footrests and wait for the clutch to engage after I grab throttle, then lean waaayy back.

angierideswitme
02-02-2004, 07:58 PM
puff, it's a all technique method, on my little peugeot 50cc with 4.5bhp, you need to go really fast, get into the power band, letoff the gas, then give it gas real quick, and lean all the way back, if i can get it up i can go forever at 50-60klicks on my little peageot moped!!! I also have an added advantage, it's called pedals and i can peddal them!!:eek:

but if you really need to leanr how to wheelie you haven't lived a day in your life.

on my friends old ass 81 yz 125, every gear when you hit power band the front wheel lifts off if you not sitting on the gas tank. that mother is fast!!

tÖnik
02-03-2004, 04:09 PM
yeh i have a 98 ninja zx-7r when i got it with the stock gearing it was most impossible to get er up without lots of effort or a little bump thing in the road to get it past the threshold to cum up, and even then the bumps in the road were only a few and when it did come up, i wasnt used to it so i put er down. then i got shorter gearing, new tyres which made er way easier to get up and it accelerated faster too,, so it was alot more fun to ride.

but ya, either bounce the front end,,like take the 600 to 10 000 then let off and and push down on the front,,,,,,give er a second to collapse, then fullthrottle and a quick pull at the correct time,,play with your timing, has to be at the right time,,to early,,to late, no good(make sure its full, put your hand a bit further up on the grip so when you catch the rebound it's full and a good hold ont he bars to pull up on) if she comes up super quick,, let of the gas a little,,snapping your wrist foreward will put the front down hard. play with your letting off to get the feel of the wheeeeee, then once you are more comefortable,,, try to bring it up where it feels like you are going to fall backward,,,this is the balancing point and it is scary,,, but its there,,some bikes have smaller BP's than others......

ps don't die please

sputnik
02-03-2004, 04:24 PM
i want to see someone bunnyhop a sport bike

:poosie: :banghead: :nut:

Khyron
02-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by tÖnik
ps don't die please

Nice. :rofl:

Yah I'll play with it again - I didn't rev much past 7000 on my bike so that's probably why I didn't get it up. But I'm in no hurry so I'll keep working on it in the spring.

BTW - an endo is a stoppy, you come up on the front wheel then come back down. That's what I did by accident in a parking lot when a girl pulled out in front of me, except the bike crashed down on its side after I went over the bars; cost about 300 bucks in parts to fix. :(

Khyron

ramminghard
02-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
i want to see someone bunnyhop a sport bike

:poosie: :banghead: :nut:

here you go

http://www.giffould.com/r/stunts/bunnyhop.mov

Likwid_Fire
02-23-2004, 12:58 PM
endo - end over end. ie: loopin your bike.

stoppie - raise the rear tire at a standstill or rolling to a complete stop.

why would you want to do an endo?

Khyron
02-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Likwid_Fire
endo - end over end. ie: loopin your bike.

stoppie - raise the rear tire at a standstill or rolling to a complete stop.

why would you want to do an endo?

Because back when you were just a sperm with a dream, the word had another meaning.

In BMX riding, "endo" used to be a synonym for front wheelie.

Obviously that definition is not used much anymore - ah well. My lexicon has been updated.

Khyron

Likwid_Fire
02-23-2004, 02:47 PM
of all people to know about myself, sperm, and dreams, I don't think an online persona would be it.

:nut:

either way, you're mixing two different sports/hobbies/activities, so :dunno:

Because back when you were just a sperm with a dream, the word had another meaning.

In BMX riding, "endo" used to be a synonym for front wheelie.

Obviously that definition is not used much anymore - ah well. My lexicon has been updated.

Khyron