PDA

View Full Version : Holy with the street racers out tonight!!

hampstor
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
So i'm coming home from picking up tuxes for a wedding on northbound deerfoot going 105-115 or so look up in the rearview and see a newer mustang in the left lane about to pass me. It's white, blue stripes, I think they look pretty sharp. As he passes me, he geared down and pinned it - slowed down to be side by side with me and does it again. I don't give in, he slows down again, looks over and shakes his head at me and takes off. I'm not into itt, I just want to be left alone and to go home - it was a long day.

So 10 minutes later or so, i'm on McKnight passing over the 36th street (that new interchange going up there), construction everywhere, 50km zone, always cops too. I look up in my rear view mirror and see a neon just givin her come up behind me. He slows down, pulls over to the right lane and pulls up next to me. I see that it's an Electric Blue SRT4, rims look a bit darker then the factory colour. In the next moment, he pins it and goes tearing down the street - easily going over 120 by the time he hits the end of the construction zone and weaving through traffic!! I see brake lights ahead go on and wonder what the hell is he trying to prove and to who!!

Thinking i've seen the last of the idiots on the road for a night, i'm heading up 68th when a black Audi A4 comes ripping up beside me. I look over, the tint's really dark but i see someone pointing forward. I look ahead, about 20 yards ahead is a on the road minivan and the 50km zone sign. I look over at him, shake my head and point ACROSS (not forwards!) to the sign as we're approaching it. What happens next, he just pins it, almost rear ends the van and goes ripping up 68th street (50 zone) again easily hitting 100+ km/h.

Sorry about the long read, just venting and pissed off at the irresponsible idiots on the road tonight. It just finally gets nice out and the idiots come out to play.

No I am not a perfect driver and yes my car has a big wing and a giant scoop on the hood - i'm sure that had a large part to due with what happened tonight.

ca18det240sx
04-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Damn street racers.......

:D

you know who i am.

ercchry
04-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
So i'm coming home from picking up tuxes for a wedding on northbound deerfoot going 105-1115 or so ...

well if you are going that fast im not surprised

:rolleyes:

88CRX
04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
Damn street racers.......

find another way home pizza boy!

Xamim
04-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I guess good weather brings out the street racer in all of us. Its just a bunch of guys driving like assholes in their garage queens.

Vietsta
04-26-2007, 09:31 PM
i know th e owner of the a4.. big brown guy. he goes to school with me. always gunning it down 44th

hampstor
04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

well if you are going that fast im not surprised

:rolleyes:

haha oops. supposed to be 105-115, I don't drive Thrust SSC so i can't hit 1115 :D

He pased me, not the other way around - I merely kept driving on my merry way each time.

ctruo
04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Dude, You must drive soemthing nice for so many people to want to race you. What do u drive anyways?

Soren1989
04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

:rofl: fnf ftw

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ctruo
Dude, You must drive soemthing nice for so many people to want to race you. What do u drive anyways?

My guess is an STi or a modded WRX... due to the scoop, large wing, "white and ricey" and the "Shift to subaru" in his sig..

Rx7
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Vietsta
i know th e owner of the a4.. big brown guy. he goes to school with me. always gunning it down 44th

:rofl: :rofl:

Synne
04-26-2007, 09:55 PM

"I got a 187 in Glendale, Cops are all over, man were good to role...I repeat were good to role."

gp36912
04-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

My guess is an STi or a modded WRX... due to the scoop, large wing, "white and ricey" and the "Shift to subaru" in his sig..

^^^ ya i think so too

Originally posted by Synne

"I got a 187 in Glendale, Cops are all over, man were good to role...I repeat were good to role."

^^^^ at least spell it right.

Synne
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by gp36912

^^^ ya i think so too

^^^^ at least spell it right.

I take you havent memorized The Fast and the Furious??:nut: :rofl:

nismodrifter
04-26-2007, 10:13 PM
I was juuuuuuuuust about to post a thread on the same shit.

I had about 5 ricers wanting to race me tonight. Stupid idiots.

Worst encounter tonight was a brand new white Civic with dollar store blue headlights and a sticker for every mod on his car (Injen intake etc).

He paces along next to me for 30 seconds givin me the look like "OMG U WANA RAC3!!!", I was in the center lane, there was a slow POS car in front of me, I change to the right lane to pass it and I guess he thought that was the cue to race. He floors it and screams forward only to realize later that I AIN'T RACIN FOOOOO.

Had a guy on a motorbike check out my car while driving..gave me the thumbs up etc....he took a second to specially checkout whether I had a huge FMIC up front or not haha, little does he know that I rock an SMICOMGFTW. He then proceeded to blast away at around 200kmh.

Cr4zy p30pl3. :nut:

BigDannyCool
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM

i think he meant spell roll right. It's roll not role

gp36912
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

^^^ bingo

Spoons
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Speaking of ricers, I love how so many of them think the can whoop the shit out of a muscle car. So many of them follow Fast and the Furious word for word, and yet right in #2 they say that they can't take the two muscle cars head up. Damn ricers piss me off :eek:

SJW
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Try getting Jon Boy Redneck Asshat next to you in his jacked up 4x4 trying to race me on my gsxr 750. I stay away from these retards. But wtf try and race a sportbike with 130 HP and weighs 390lbs? Dumb shits.

tictactoe2004
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM
meh, after I pull my car out from winter storage it's pretty bad for the first 48 hours... then im all good. everyone races this time of year.

v2kai
04-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
meh, after I pull my car out from winter storage it's pretty bad for the first 48 hours... then im all good. everyone races this time of year.

and the cops love it lol even tho i'm bad too:burnout:

Synne
04-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

That's the Fast and the Furious way to spell it.

Jesus...you guys needs to watch the movies more!;)

benyl
04-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

No I am not a perfect driver and yes my car has a big wing and a giant scoop on the hood - i'm sure that had a large part to due with what happened tonight.

That is what you get for driving a rice machine.

Toms-SC
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by benyl

:rofl:

Got to see 2 x S2000's, Civic Hatch and a 240 SX race 4 way a couple nights ago my Canadian Tire. You could hear them coming before you see them due to the general awful exhaust notes. :barf:

dj_rice
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
If you still had your Sentra SE-R you wouldnt have this problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Synne
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I saw a dope burgandy nsx infront of The Metropolitan Grill on 16th Ave.

I also saw a dope black all Nismo Kitted GT-R downtown.

That GT-R was definitely gorgeous, the NSX was nice too but the colour wasnt my taste.

l8braker
04-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I saw a dope burgandy nsx infront of The Metropolitan Grill on 16th Ave.

I also saw a dope black all Nismo Kitted GT-R downtown.

That GT-R was definitely gorgeous, the NSX was nice too but the colour wasnt my taste.

Saw the same NSX earlier as well a blue Gallardo outside the Hyatt.

Vietsta
04-28-2007, 01:28 AM
my name is kenny and i am a ricer...i mean racer:drama:

trikypenguin
04-28-2007, 01:41 AM
lol i work downtown at the palliser hotel and a green bentley continental gt was racing a silver ferrari 360 spider down 9th ave...then there was a black porsche cayman and an older iroc camaro ripping it about 5 min later

MidnightDreamer
04-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Lot of people out racing for sure... I'm just glad most of the people I've seen doing it have the common sense to do it clear of traffic and on relatively safe stretches of road.

Annoyingrob
04-28-2007, 04:15 AM
Heh, I saw like 6 hondas going the other way on Macleod around midnight, all with annoying HID retrofits. I'm not trying to stereotype or anything, but what the hell. Must be a full moon.

euro_racer
04-28-2007, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by trikypenguin
lol i work downtown at the palliser hotel and a green bentley continental gt was racing a silver ferrari 360 spider down 9th ave...then there was a black porsche cayman and an older iroc camaro ripping it about 5 min later

i saw those 2 as well, they were at the 17th ave shell...i cant believe that Ferrari took 84$ to fill up :eek: must have a huge tank

earlier today i had a sti playing with me and the guy actually gave me a thumbs up afterwards for keeping up (a little lol), that was cool. but there definitely was some nice cars out tonight, you could spot anything on the road, some sweet imports, domestics, exotics, bikes, oldschool newschool, euro (mk1 rabbit with 14x8's and mk2 jetta with 15x9 borbets :bigpimp: , jdm...you name it, nismo i saw you again today ahha. I even saw 88CRX and his southern_jdm crew at a parking lot (cars are looking good guys :thumbsup: ).....a lot of cops too, id be scared to race on a night like tonight especially with the accident earlier today involving the cop.

but unfortunately with weather like this there is bound to be some idiots, its just that time of the year and im sure all of us have been there

max_boost
04-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Come on man, the weather is nice, what better car to measure up to than an STi. YOu should be expecting these kind of encounters :D

Synne
04-28-2007, 07:44 AM
I have my GT-R here but I'm still using my winter beast to get around...I need to save money anyway I can these next few weeks...

...but it's definitely hard to stomach driving my winter girl when so many nice cars are out.

Seeing that other GT-R the other day made my stomach quelch.

I wish I was rich!@:drama: :cry:

Vietsta
04-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob
Heh, I saw like 6 hondas going the other way on Macleod around midnight, all with annoying HID retrofits. I'm not trying to stereotype or anything, but what the hell. Must be a full moon.

i seen that too, last night arounf midnight ish.

KuruptEX
04-28-2007, 05:47 PM
kenny u are a ricer.........its okay we all know now

JAYMEZ
04-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Ill race all of youz~!

Wow so many damn speeders today , Cops must be filling the quotas FAST!

KuruptEX
04-28-2007, 06:04 PM
ill race u jaymez but can u give me a 1 hour head start?>

ChokeEmOut
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM

abyss
05-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Hampstor = boy racer :rofl:

Originally posted by dj_rice
If you still had your Sentra SE-R you wouldnt have this problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nobody ever wants to race me.... :cry:

Aleks
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
For the first time in a long time I dont' get people wanting to race me anymore. :D

Instead I get the "Nice car daddy bought for him" stares now. Wish I looked older LOL.

E46..sTyLez
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
For the first time in a long time I dont' get people wanting to race me anymore. :D

Instead I get the "Nice car daddy bought for him" stares now. Wish I looked older LOL.

i know what u mean...lol

reiRei
05-01-2007, 10:22 AM
at least you don't get the.. " Oh, she's driving her boyfriend's car" looks.. those are always fun to follow up with a ricer flyby.. lol

saw a porsche and a charger go at it last week down 17th, :drool:

Canmorite
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by reiRei
at least you don't get the.. " Oh, she's driving her boyfriend's car" looks.. those are always fun to follow up with a ricer flyby.. lol

saw a porsche and a charger go at it last week down 17th, :drool:

I hear/see people rip down 17th (Downtown) all the time, and its retarded. There are so many j-walkers and I am just waiting for someone to get smoked.

DNSDJS
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
i want to race all of you
in my nice pimped out rikshaw... LMAO

doing 2 km/h down deerfoot
i would def. win.

LMAO

:drama:

conschoi
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
last Friday night, an SRT try to race with me on Deerfoot. he and i were running about 180

DNSDJS
05-01-2007, 10:54 AM
i was runnin about 10 me and my rikshaw...
LMAO

Sparx
05-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Jeeze i know what you all mean. WHen i was on my way to my gf's house going up macleod north before i even hit downtown. I had some dude with his gf in the car try to race me in a crossfire, someone with a jacked up diesel dodge ram, and some random bone stock acural TL. Though i must say i love the tl's:drool:. Needless to say a pull half way through first gear solved all 3 probs.

Toms-SC
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
In a 92 Civic SI? :rolleyes:

Justing
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
^^ lol my thought exactly
unless your boosted.... they were NOT racing you:rofl:

Sparx
05-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Lol i tell no tales but you should never doubt the mad vtec powa!!! :D
*Edit* Okay okay maybe i went through all of first and second. Maybe ;)

l8braker
05-01-2007, 11:49 AM
I've found the worst so far are the young dropouts in pickup trucks and the soccer dads/moms in the minivan racing to pick up the kids.

adam c
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
no way.. i find the worst are the people who get new cars and just have to 'test' them against anyone and everything despite what a POS it is

Sparx
05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
^^^hahaha I don't think i can agree any stronger.

reiRei
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
lifted trucks and sunflowers with rice pipes are the worst!!:thumbsdow

LUCKYSTRIKE
05-01-2007, 12:03 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

03ozwhip
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
being in an MR2 turbo on mcleod really sets people off to race me. ill play a little bit but just enough to let em know to not bother. one guy was an idiot in a probe GT, he puls up beside me and im not gonna do it and he speeds off like a crazy man to the next light, so from that light to the next i showed him something. needless to say, he stopped trying for fuck sakes, youre in a PROBE!

Canmorite
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Macleod is full of people itching for a race. I always see shit happening down there.

7thgenvic
05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
its that season again! I love all the retards that wanna race. i just kinda have a good point and laugh and do nothing.......Its just SOOO pointless in the city. why put myself or others in danger for no reason...

euro_racer
05-01-2007, 02:13 PM

nothing a set of ballin' rims and a nice brop can't fix, and then it will be more like "this guy must be a drug dealer" lol:bigpimp:

1-Bar
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM
man, so many encounters. I guess I'm driving on the wrong roads at the wrong times....:rofl:

ken-gsr
05-01-2007, 04:51 PM
i dont race - I know as soon as i do, the blue and reds will be on behind me lol.

gp36912
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by euro_racer

nothing a set of ballin' rims and a nice brop can't fix, and then it will be more like "this guy must be a drug dealer" lol:bigpimp:
^^^ ahahah ya i know what you mean :P thats until i got my rims lol and now im the drug dealer :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sparx
Lol i tell no tales but you should never doubt the mad vtec powa!!! :D
*Edit* Okay okay maybe i went through all of first and second. Maybe ;)

^^^ lol his car sounds like a bat out of hell when he steps on it :D

arian_ma
05-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Got to see 2 x S2000's, Civic Hatch and a 240 SX race 4 way a couple nights ago my Canadian Tire. You could hear them coming before you see them due to the general awful exhaust notes. :barf:

I hate SO much, of all the things you chose to be...

nj2Type-S
05-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
I was juuuuuuuuust about to post a thread on the same shit.

I had about 5 ricers wanting to race me tonight. Stupid idiots.

Worst encounter tonight was a brand new white Civic with dollar store blue headlights and a sticker for every mod on his car (Injen intake etc).

He paces along next to me for 30 seconds givin me the look like "OMG U WANA RAC3!!!", I was in the center lane, there was a slow POS car in front of me, I change to the right lane to pass it and I guess he thought that was the cue to race. He floors it and screams forward only to realize later that I AIN'T RACIN FOOOOO.

Had a guy on a motorbike check out my car while driving..gave me the thumbs up etc....he took a second to specially checkout whether I had a huge FMIC up front or not haha, little does he know that I rock an SMICOMGFTW. He then proceeded to blast away at around 200kmh.

Cr4zy p30pl3. :nut:

dude, was the civic a 2006+ civic sedan??? and did it have a bunch of stickers like tien and even a couple of speedtech stickers in the rear door windows??? and a "i love my honda" sticker in the rear window? homeboy was pissing me off on deerfoot a few days ago...pacing me, going infront of me, behind me, beside me, etc...my buddies and i were wondering wtf he was doing..lol...anyway, the driver was this asian guy w/ a mohawk or somethin....

it's mind-boggling that people still street race after all the fatalities. not to mention the consequences if you get caught by the cops! :eek:

street racing = t3h gh3y :thumbsdow

doublepostwhore
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Sitting in tim hotons 16th was atleast 12 cops, like 6 cop cars outside it, I was walking up to my car when I saw a flucking blue srt-4 getting its shit torn by a cobalt SS. both looked to have had some sort of body kit, the SS had red underglow though.
Fuck I was impressed, I thought srt-4> Cobalt. But cobalt down shifted through the 29th/uxbridge intersection, and took off... the srt-4 had zero chance.

This was at 1am.

Saw a c6 vet playing with a m5, I guess the m5 driver got pissed off by the vet leading a rolling barracade. The driver to the left of the vet slow right down to speed limit I guess, and m5 just fucking railed the corner and took off passed vet. The vet had zero chance of even looking at this guy.
This was on crowchild close to crowfoot.