PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Range Rover HSE

Jynx
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
What are your thoughts on the 2003 Range Rover HSE? Any experiences? Any negatives? Personally i have herd the navigation system has some issues..

bobby_lu
04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Your a pimp...so just get one

expect slight more repairs than BMW...

the v8 is the BMW 4.4 after all as well

dino_martini
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
From what I have heard about the Range Rover is that you either get one that is 100% reliable, nothing ever goes wrong. Or you get one that is in the shop every 3 days. Good luck! I love the Range Rover, it looks sharp.

03ozwhip
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
my dream ride. i dont car how much goes wrong with it i would still buy it if i could afford it. in 5 years ill trade in the Outlander for one. get it man its a beautiful ride.

jdmXSI
04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
So easy to speed in! great drive, although there are some higher maintinace cost that go along with them, But if you can afford to buy one , you can afford the maintinace cost IMO!

Jynx
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Your a pimp...so just get one

expect slight more repairs than BMW...

the v8 is the BMW 4.4 after all as well

It's an amazing ride. I test drove one yesterday it drove amazing. They have like a mini obstacle course for the car to go through at the back of the dealership its sick man. I taught the car was gonna tip over for sure.
I got real worries when the car salesman asked if i want a 2 year 40K warrenty for $6000 lol!!!!

Jynx
04-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Its unquestionably a pimp car, thats for sure.. What i want to know is if this car has any downsides to it and what typically goes wrong on these types of cars?

The cost of maintenance is not the issue, its the fact that i live 300km from the closest Land Rover dealership...

jdmXSI
04-27-2007, 11:49 AM
There a simply alot more electronics in this car than most other manufactures. here is a link to a website for 02+ Range Rovers, i hope it hlps a bit. I personally think they are quite nice vehicles except for the electrical issues.:D

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrmkiiiremedies.html

bobby_lu
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Jynx
Its unquestionably a pimp car, thats for sure.. What i want to know is if this car has any downsides to it and what typically goes wrong on these types of cars?

The cost of maintenance is not the issue, its the fact that i live 300km from the closest Land Rover dealership...

just get it, im sure you will be fine...

but since you can afford it ...get the RR sport :drool:

ps clear your damn pm box Jynx

wjjeeper
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
I have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 for sale.
Maybe you'd be interested :dunno:

JAYMEZ
04-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I drive an 04 to work every day... The interior is actually pretty shity , somethings shift around wayyyy to easy. Alot of the HSE's had problems with the suspension (You can raise it up and down). I love the 14 speakers or however many... it sounds awesome . I also love the fact you can adjust the ride height (Up or down). Tons of room , looks great , Xenon lights are awesome... Gas consumption sucks.. and my GPS is pretty outdated.

dino_martini
04-27-2007, 12:06 PM

You live outside Calgary?

Jynx
04-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by pixxie2000
I have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 for sale.
Maybe you'd be interested :dunno:

No thanks!

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I drive an 04 to work every day... The interior is actually pretty shity , somethings shift around wayyyy to easy. Alot of the HSE's had problems with the suspension (You can raise it up and down). I love the 14 speakers or however many... it sounds awesome . I also love the fact you can adjust the ride height (Up or down). Tons of room , looks great , Xenon lights are awesome... Gas consumption sucks.. and my GPS is pretty outdated.

So i assume the positives definetly outweight the negatives with this car?

The car salesman him self said the navigation is hard to use and not really updated for alberta or rural alberta (where i live) for that matter.

Originally posted by dino_martini

You live outside Calgary?

I currently live in Cold Lake Alberta!
FUN!

me&you
04-28-2007, 12:27 PM

No thanks!

The car salesman him self said the navigation is hard to use and not really updated for alberta or rural alberta (where i live) for that matter.

FUN!

I wouldn't get a Range Rover that can't be easily towed to the dealership.

smontyLS1
04-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I like the ones bmw was invovled in 2003-2005 I think.
There are less issues with them than the sports. I'd warn you though, they are expensive to maintain. and the radiators need to be replaced frequently because they leak. and the replacement ones leak. so you'd be kinda hooped with that. there are updates for the nav system. I think its into the 6th update disc.

Just be aware that everything is about 70% more expensive because its for a range rover. 1700-1800 for brakes. Really nice vehicles though.

Sailz
04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Buddy of mine has 2 of them a 2003 and a 2005 and both of them have been huge hassles both have broke down multiple times with either transmission problems or alternator problems and has left us stranded. Also the stereo systems althought they sound awesome when they work the sub and speakers are extremely easily blown and thus resulting in a crappy sound. The navigation I found to be good but has limited citys. Although they do have plenty of get up and go and are extremely comfortable to ride in, after riding around in his every day I would not purchase one.

JAYMEZ
04-28-2007, 05:47 PM

No thanks!

FUN!

They defiantly out weigh the negatives , I love the range rover , and girls defiantly love it to :rofl: ... Nav takes some time to get used to , but I only use it for long hauls.. Defiantly a nice car to have if you can afford it :thumbsup: ... and with shit breakin down... umm not really , and plus you have warranty anywho!

Graham_A_M
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
^ My old Boss used to have one, I second that about the Women, that thing turns heads you'll find. Especially with the 19" Chrome rim option, or just a nice set of aftermarket 22" 's or whatever. They're PIGS on the gas though, its nuts, thats my only complaint, but his was very reliable, I think he sold his '04 a year ago for $75k. :thumbsup: