kenny
06-08-2003, 10:58 PM
PYSC205, BIOL205, CPSC205

D'z Nutz
06-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Astr205, grst209, grst211

Also, this has been brought up before.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7928

Do a search and you might find some more as well.

benyl
06-08-2003, 11:25 PM
I forget which one it was, but it was on natural disasters. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and shit. Easy A.

Davetronz
06-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I forget which one it was, but it was on natural disasters. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and shit. Easy A.
Geology 209? Rocks for Jocks? I failed it. :banghead: :dunno:
Might have had something to do with the fact that I played old police quest games all year and didnt listen to him at all.... But I read the book, I swear!

nismodrifter
06-08-2003, 11:50 PM
how hard is engl231? I am wondering if I should take this first year or take econ201 instead then do engl231 second year

Mckenzie
06-08-2003, 11:50 PM
I dunno about Astro 205. I took it last winter and did a shit load of work and I only ended up with a B+. I got an A- in English 237 (Mckenny.....dramatic lit). You just have to show up for class and get on the teachers good side because of the small class size.

Econ 203 was a good GPA booster and so was stats 213 with Lu.

Oh.... and you cant forget about good 'ole Computer Science 203. Easy A again.

Langill is the Astronomy Nazi..... but he is a GREAT teacher and I will guarantee that you will love going to his class. The midterm and final were pretty tough.....That is probably the most interesting stuff you will ever learn.

My Ex had the other teacher and she got a B+ with minimal work...

But seriously though I need some bird classes too..... I gotta get my GPA up to get into Management after next year.:dunno:

Weapon_R
06-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Eng 231 is pretty easy - got an A- in it and was exempt from effective writing.

Astr 205 isn't as easy, but if you review the tests at the copy center, and the many unit exams, the final is literally word for word!

D'z Nutz
06-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I dunno about Astro 205. I took it last winter and did a shit load of work and I only ended up with a B+.

That's the sort of class where you'd get a high grade if you're seriously interested in that kinda stuff. If you're motivated enough to keep up with the readings on your own time, you really don't need to go to class. I stopped going to class after the first midterm and I still got an A! Hahaha!!

hinggu
06-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by benyl

geophysics 275 i believe, (GOPH), with hildebrandt and stewart

RiCE-DaDDy
06-09-2003, 12:00 AM
some courses are prof dependant too

like Pysc205 with Valentine isnt exactly easy...

Shaolin
06-09-2003, 12:13 AM
Geo209 rocks for jocks was tough, it was the hardest B out of all the classes I took.. It was too boring and there was too much shit to remember.. Astr205 was a bit easier, and yes, Langill is a nazi, but the guy knows his shit.. does he take the class to the telescope out by millarville anymore? I remember sitting out there at like 11pm freezing our asses off while Langill goes off about stars and shit. Out of all the courses mentioned in this post I would have to say Econ203 is by far the easiest out of them all (from personal experience).. Be sure to take it with either Holden or Tracey.. I actually wanted to goto class when I took Econ203 with Holden, the guy's a freak but he's hilarious.

I took Engl231 as well and i hated it.. I passed it with a B- and that was enough for me, since I already passed the proficiency test.. is Van Gessel still there? every guy in the class wanted to fuck her, she was a pretty sexy teacher.. young, blond hair blue eyes with a PHD, dayem :poosie:

McKenzie, if you can't get a 3.5, check the U of L because they have a Calgary Campus that lets you do your BComm at night.. classes are 6-9pm Monday to Friday.. There's alot of transfer students there (Like myself).. I couldn't get into the U of C BComm because I only had a 3.07.

Superesc
06-09-2003, 12:28 AM
I had one back in UofM, Death & Concepts Of After Life... now that's an interesting/somewhat disturbing course :D

D'z Nutz
06-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Sounds like something I'm taking this Summer. "RELS333 - Religious Perspectives on Death and Afterlife "

Superesc
06-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Ooo I think that would be pretty close... every class it was viewing somesort of funeral, post death procedures, to calculating the cost of your own funeral. There were some intereseting stuff and we had a Rabbi as the prof.

sexualbanana
06-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
Might have had something to do with the fact that I played old police quest games all year
dude, i have those but they won't work on my laptop! damit!

max_boost
06-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
McKenzie, if you can't get a 3.5, check the U of L because they have a Calgary Campus that lets you do your BComm at night.. classes are 6-9pm Monday to Friday.. There's alot of transfer students there (Like myself).. I couldn't get into the U of C BComm because I only had a 3.07. I am considering taking the U of L route too but I don't want to spend two years in night classes so Athabasca University here I come! haha

Mckenzie
06-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin

McKenzie, if you can't get a 3.5, check the U of L because they have a Calgary Campus that lets you do your BComm at night.. classes are 6-9pm Monday to Friday.. There's alot of transfer students there (Like myself).. I couldn't get into the U of C BComm because I only had a 3.07.

Cool.... I never knew there was a Calgary campus. Thats pretty sweet because I didnt want to move to lethbridge.

I think there are 175 spots for when I applay after next year. They start at a 3.6 and work down to around a 3.2 I think. I ended up with a 3.62 last year so hopefully I can pull my socks up for the Acct, SGMA and OPMA classes.:thumbsdow

kaput
06-09-2003, 07:18 AM

Shaolin
06-09-2003, 12:44 PM
yeah Tracey gives easy midterms, assignments and then go full out nazi on the final exam.. I took his money and banking class ECON347 and I walked into the final with an A, i was all confident and shit thinking I'd cake through this course and my final mark ended up being a B.. ouch.

Not sure if you're taking accounting yet McKenzie, but make sure you know your debits and credits.. the course is pretty easy.. SGMA395 was pretty easy as well, i just don't like the fact that the tests are 3 hours long and it's all long answers.. I had a couple buddies that took that same course in other schools, and believe me, we got it bad for that course..

V6-BoI
06-09-2003, 04:11 PM
They say that econ 201 is a GPA booster as well. But I like did so bad in that class it brought my GPA down.

Shaolin
06-09-2003, 04:40 PM
I found 201 hard compared to 203..

kaput
06-09-2003, 05:54 PM

colinderksen
06-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Dont know if they have it at U of C. But at Mt Royal they have 20th Century Arts and Crafts. Cant remember the number but it was gluing macaroni to paper.:D

syeve
06-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hinggu

geophysics 275 i believe, (GOPH), with hildebrandt and stewart

i thinl its GOPH375...awsome course...awsome movies..one of my favorite classes!

Mckenzie
06-10-2003, 07:48 PM
haha...... I signed up for a music history class today....

MUHL 309.11

I get to study the Rolling Stones and the Beatles and stuff like that...:poosie:

girlRACER
06-10-2003, 08:39 PM
RELS 201 - Introduction to Western Religion is an easy 'A'.

Weapon_R
06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have a good list for 300 level classes? I know there have been posts about it before, but an updated list would be sweet.

D'z Nutz
06-12-2003, 09:35 AM
No, but the 400 level history course I'm taking right now is really interesting and so far it's been easy.

History 473 - Crime and Criminal Justice in England
Ken MacMillan

No prereq's, and class isn't boring (even though it's 3 hours during the spring). It really puts to rest a lot of misconceptions about crime in English history, like witchcraft only accounted for less than 1% of all recorded crime in England. If you can, take it during the spring/summer, when the classe size is smaller. It really gets interactive, if you enjoy that sort of thing.