PDA

View Full Version : command start help please

deago
04-29-2007, 05:26 PM
hi...can someone please email me the installation instructions for a cs2400,cs2500 and a cs3000 plus please. please send to....

[email protected]

deago
04-30-2007, 08:23 AM
please can someone send me the installation manual for a cs2400, cs2500 and a cs3000 plus please...thanks

or just help me ...i have a cs2400 and my lights flash 9 times when i hit the start button and nothing happens...i tried to hold the two buttons and lights flashes 15 times and then i tried it again and i tried to start once but now it is back to nine flashes again...i even tried disconnecting the battery..please help or send me the installation manual please.

[email protected]

Strugari
04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi,
The nine flashes is tach lockout.
Check the connection to the tach wire and make sure it is good.
I sent out 2400 and 2500 manuals.
I am going to change the 3000+ to PDF so it won't take so much room.
Will do that later today or tomorrow.:thumbsup:

btpaints
07-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi There,

I need to know if anyone still has the installation manuals for the CS2400/2500 the tag on the box says CS2500 1074809 A. I just purchased a 91 F150 with the CS 2500 in it. The guy told me that he had disconnected it when he put a new ignition switch in and never got around to hooking it back up. All the harnesses and and wiring appears to be in place still. However when I hooked everything up, nothing happened. I checked the blade fuses and one of them was blown, I replaced the fuse and without any buttons pressed on the remote, the truck started, pulled the fuse and it stopped, put the fuse in again and it started again starter stays engaged though even after truck has started and should also note that the keys were sitting on the dash of the truck, not sure if something is miswired now due to the way he disconnected it, so I figured with the install instructions I should be able to retrace all the wiring on it. The only other idea I had was that he replaced the ignition switch and did not reconnect the Command Start because it was broken, I guess either way I can figure it out by retracing the wiring. Thanks in advance for the help.

Strugari
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a stuck starter relay on the unit.
You can take the silver cover off the unti and clean the relay contacts with a fingernail file. Plug it back in and try it.
If the unit still starts the truck and "Hangs" the starter, push the brake to see if it shuts off.
Could be a simple programming issue.
PM me your email addy and I will send out a manual:thumbsup:

btpaints
07-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Strugari,

Took off the cover slid the board out and looked good on top, flipped it over and a couple of circuit paths are burnt. Probably not worth repairing, I would imagine since you can buy them in the bargain finder for $50. Let me know your opinion please.

Strugari
07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by btpaints
Strugari,

Took off the cover slid the board out and looked good on top, flipped it over and a couple of circuit paths are burnt. Probably not worth repairing, I would imagine since you can buy them in the bargain finder for $50. Let me know your opinion please.

A new unit would be the best solution.
Command Start stuff is getting harder to find, especially the older units.:thumbsup: