PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

md14
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
So anybody catch the draft? lol any Intrest at all in the NFL? I was quite Surprised with Quinn falling and Miami taking Ted Ginn like wtf?

But Moss to Patroits oh man.. Brady has plenty of new weapons to spread the ball out to now, There going to be sick next year

Sharpie
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I was surprised no one made a thread earlier.... I am just happy the giants are trying to build a decent defence....

sexualbanana
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
The Patriots have picked up 2 problem players this weekend. Randy Moss, who's skills are undeniable but is a constant whiner and attention seeker. Then there's Brandon Meriweather who's a great safety, but in the last year has been caught curbstomping another player on the field during the infamous Miami/FIU game AND was involved in a on-campus shooting in which he was apparently casually packing a gun.

It's going to be interesting if their conduct is going to get them in trouble a la Pacman Jones or Chris Henry

md14
04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah alot of people are saying that but I think Belichick can handle both of them just fine. Moss is happy when hes winning and scoring touchdowns, which I think he's going to do alot of both next season so I think we can expect to see "The Freak" out in full force next season :D

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6757202?MSNHPHMA)

DelSoln
04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by md14
Yeah alot of people are saying that but I think Belichick can handle both of them just fine.

I think he will be able to as well. Corey Dillon had a bad rep when he was with the Bengals and he turned it around under Belichick.

urbannomad
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
i don't know about you guys, but

Baltimore, Cleveland, and Oakland. had damn good drafts imo! :eek:

oakland got michael bush in the late rounds....dude is a tank!

Baltimore gets Troy Smith :eek: tiny i know.

and cleveland gets two top 5 guys.

DET taking a WR :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

md14
04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah Cleveland got there two guys, should have a solid O-Line but they gave up alot for Quinn imo, I dont know how well he is going to pan out.. He could never deliver in the big games in College and his accuracy was a bit off... but you never know I still think Cleveland is going to be drafting in the top 10 next year.

Detroit yeah lol.. Whats that 4 WR in the last 5 drafts? What a waste Williams and Johnson with Kitna.. lol

I really hope Troy Smith pans out I would love to see that guy performing well, and I dont think there was a better fit than the Ravens, Learn under McNair for awhile and have veterns like Lewis teaching you aswell.

Oakland yeah.. I'm a Diehard Moss fan, and so Oakland isn't really on my good side, but they should do alot better with Russell and a revamped Offence, there defence was pretty darn good lastyear

Oz-
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Detroit is going to be similar to the Cardinals hyped offense of last year.

Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey (100 catch receiver that nobody has heard of) lining up as wideouts and then Kevin Jones. Not a bad lineup imo, Kitna can fill the QB spot respectfully, but not a long term solution. They need to win more then 6 games next year imo, or MM might finally be on the way out.

Cleveland really only lost next years first round draft pick, if you look at the final picks they eventually traded around. Not a bad thing for Brady Quinn and giving him a 22nd picks money, instead of the top 5 money that he seeks.

The one pick I don't understand for 2 years in a row is the Texans. Another DL pick...wtf.

GL to Russell for the Raiders, I have a feeling he will be like David Carr...sacked 80 times a year for his first 3 years. This team is so weak on the offense and who knows how long the D will continue to play well if their O blows.

tyrone
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Oz- Cleveland really only lost next years first round draft pick

Actually im pretty sure they gave up both their first and second round draft picks so in the short run id have to agree with md14..

What about Troy Smith going to the Raven's? I'll definately be cheering him on, which will basically be hoping for kyle boller and steve mcnair injuries!

5hift
05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Oz-
Detroit is going to be similar to the Cardinals hyped offense of last year.

Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey (100 catch receiver that nobody has heard of) lining up as wideouts and then Kevin Jones. Not a bad lineup imo, Kitna can fill the QB spot respectfully, but not a long term solution. They need to win more then 6 games next year imo, or MM might finally be on the way out.

GL to Russell for the Raiders, I have a feeling he will be like David Carr...sacked 80 times a year for his first 3 years. This team is so weak on the offense and who knows how long the D will continue to play well if their O blows.

Detroit is nothing like the hyped Cards of last year. Leinhart, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Johnson and E James are much more talented than what the Lions have. Kevin Jones probably wont even play this year with the ongoing foot problems. The Lions are going to be a joke until the Ford family lets the team go.

As for Russell and the Raiders, I have a feeling he'll be fine. He has too much mobility to be the next Carr, and after watching the combine and seeing him throw 60 yard dart passes while on a knee, we know arm strength will not be a question. Even with Moss gone the Raiders have decent recievers in Porter and Curry and a pretty good running game now with Jordan/Rhodes. Their D has never been in question either, it was actually pretty impressive keeping them in some games last year.

a.z13
05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Russell will do fine, raiders have made so much improvments on both sides of the ball. Im a huge raiders fan and im not saying that theyll sweep every team but theyll be a significant improvment comepared to last years team. They drafted well so im excited for this season, and to play as them in madden.

As for Detroit they made the smart pick in drafting johnson but they need someone to get him the ball, kitna will always be a B list Qb.

:thumbsup:

bobby_lu
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
go C-boys..they should could have gotten Quinn had they not traded the pick to Cleveland...incase Romo gets fuxored...but if Cleveland does bad the Cowboys will get a sick pick next year :thumbsup:

a.z13
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Cboys would of never taked quinn they have not need. There developing romo and there not gonna draft quinn so he can sit on the bench and have to pay him $$$$. But apparently quinn lost 23 million in salary when he droped from top 3 pick to 22, that sucks lol

gcycheun
05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
The Patriots have picked up 2 problem players this weekend. Randy Moss, who's skills are undeniable but is a constant whiner and attention seeker. Then there's Brandon Meriweather who's a great safety, but in the last year has been caught curbstomping another player on the field during the infamous Miami/FIU game AND was involved in a on-campus shooting in which he was apparently casually packing a gun.

It's going to be interesting if their conduct is going to get them in trouble a la Pacman Jones or Chris Henry

I don't see this as a problem, if Moss complains this year that he needs a better QB or a better coach, he will be a laughing stock as Brady and Bellichek (sp?) are two of the best at what they do. The team also has so many veterans that they would shut him up immediately. Anybody remember Corey Dillon

gcycheun
05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Detroit is nothing like the hyped Cards of last year. Leinhart, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Johnson and E James are much more talented than what the Lions have. Kevin Jones probably wont even play this year with the ongoing foot problems. The Lions are going to be a joke until the Ford family lets the team go.

As for Russell and the Raiders, I have a feeling he'll be fine. He has too much mobility to be the next Carr, and after watching the combine and seeing him throw 60 yard dart passes while on a knee, we know arm strength will not be a question. Even with Moss gone the Raiders have decent recievers in Porter and Curry and a pretty good running game now with Jordan/Rhodes. Their D has never been in question either, it was actually pretty impressive keeping them in some games last year.

Thats why the Lions picked up Tatum Bell, offensively they should be ok defensively they have lots of holes, this is going to be a team that reminds me of the St. Louis Rams when Martz was the Offensive Co-ordinator

heinz256
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
*phinns GM shouting into a phone with noise in the background*
"ok, so who are we going to pick?"
"quinn"
"ginn?"
"no, quinn"
"which guy was that"
"the one who didn't do much in the BCS bowl"
"oh, ginn"
"yeah, quinn"
"got it"

Oz-
05-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Leinart was not being considered for the starting lineup until the Bears game. The hyped combination was Warner, Boldin, Johnson and James. That balloon became deflated quickly once they realized that James needs warm bodies to block instead of stiffs like Leonard Davis that got millions of dollars back in March. Maybe, Levi Brown will be able to help that line out this year.

Which is the same thing that I think will happen to the Raiders. Russell is a talent that doesn't come around often, but the Raiders O line is horrible. All those skill positions won't be able to do anything if they have busts like Robert Gallery blocking for them. As for the Raider D, they are the single reason that the Raiders weren't an 0-16 team. Even still they only allowed 10 points in some games and looking across the locker room they see Aaron Brooks/Andrew Walter lead their "O" to barely gain 75 total yards.

Also, tried finding the trade log for the Browns but was unable to. Essentially, the Browns traded to the Cowboys first round pick to get Brady Quinn....in the end they made more trades and ended up only losing their 2008 first round pick.

a.z13
05-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Raiders o line is pretty porous, but they picked up a few new veteran lineman which will benefit them. Cooper Carlisle and Cornell green will provide miuch better protection for whomever is behind center. Also raiders picked up 2 new tight ends in the offseason, tony stewart a more offensive player and jeremy newberry who is more orientated around pass and run protection, and not to mention the raiders second draft pick zach miller who is heavily compared to tod heap (noth went to ASU).

5hift
05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow I didnt realize we had this many NFL fans, good to see.

Do you think there would be enough interest for a Beyond Fantasy Football Pool?

Oz-
05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by a.z13
Raiders o line is pretty porous, but they picked up a few new veteran lineman which will benefit them. Cooper Carlisle and Cornell green will provide miuch better protection for whomever is behind center. Also raiders picked up 2 new tight ends in the offseason, tony stewart a more offensive player and jeremy newberry who is more orientated around pass and run protection, and not to mention the raiders second draft pick zach miller who is heavily compared to tod heap (noth went to ASU).

Could end up turning around for them, but here is my skepticism coming through again.

Jeremy Newberry played 0 games last year for the Niners, he has been on/off with injuries for as long as I can remember. If he can shake those off he can be a good Center for the Raiders, but taking the wait and see approach.

Cornell Green journeyman type lineman from what I can recall. Don't think he has started many games and have no clue if he has come into many more due to injuries etc.

Cooper Carlisle...this guy is about the only guy that I think will show up for them this year. He has started for the Broncos the past couple of years and we all know how good the line is for the Broncos.

Tony Stewart, might be an offensive guy, but did he even do anything for the Bengals? Remember him more as the backup tight end that rarely got on the field.

Maybe I am just tired of hype from the offseason of the NFL and take every ounce of hype and divide it by 100. Always seems that some teams are locks for the Super Bowl but I guess they didn't get the memo about having to show up after the preseason games.

a.z13
05-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Green and Carlisle dont bring all star talent to the o line but they bring experience, and thats wut i think the raiders need. When they had their palyoff run in 03 their o line was all veteran and cohesive but they lost some key components of that team. So these last few years has been a rebuilding stage and bringing experience is huge. The line just needs time to gel because last year it looked like all they were doing was splitting up and taking one man and not supporting and shifting when they see blitz. Raiders had a great offseason and drafted really well so i can only see them improve compared to last yea which isnt too hard lol.

md14
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
*phinns GM shouting into a phone with noise in the background*
"ok, so who are we going to pick?"
"quinn"
"ginn?"
"no, quinn"
"which guy was that"
"the one who didn't do much in the BCS bowl"
"oh, ginn"
"yeah, quinn"
"got it"

:rofl: Yeah I guess that's the only way to explain it.. Such a bad pickup imo, Ginn is such a 1-D player he has speed and that is about it, Sure he'll be a great return man but as a WR? He's scared to go up the middle... Do the fin's have that much faith that Green is going to come in the off season?

And yeah Quinn was taken for a third-round pick this year and next year's first-round pick, too steep? or just right, I guess only time will tell us after we see how everything pans out

Minny too wow taking Peterson, I believe that was a good move him and Taylor should have a good 1-2 rushing punch, and even though Taylor rushed for 1000+ he ranked about mid 20's for RB's in the DVOA rankings.. so that does say alot

Sharpie
05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Cboys would of never taked quinn they have not need. There developing romo and there not gonna draft quinn so he can sit on the bench and have to pay him $$$$. But apparently quinn lost 23 million in salary when he droped from top 3 pick to 22, that sucks lol
I fucking laughed when i heard that. That would be so shitty... Losing $23mill but its not like he wont make it up after a few years off playing...haha

Holy shit Panthers realeases keyshawn.... Although he is getting old he was still a good go too man...
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CAR/10161124

a.z13
05-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Yea i saw that today, so funny he lost his spot to the kid he was interviewing on draft today, pwned. I saw he goes to ATL tho

sexualbanana
05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by gcycheun

I don't see this as a problem, if Moss complains this year that he needs a better QB or a better coach, he will be a laughing stock as Brady and Bellichek (sp?) are two of the best at what they do. The team also has so many veterans that they would shut him up immediately. Anybody remember Corey Dillon

You'll have to do a lot to keep him happy though

a.z13
05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

You'll have to do a lot to keep him happy though

Yea i agree, hes a complainer just like TO no matter whos throwing to him or whos coaching him. He'll complain about anything most likely not getting enought touches.

Leekiwwi
05-05-2007, 11:08 PM
All I got to say is that my 49ers are finally turning the corner!

Alex Smith
Vernon Davis
Nate Clements
Patrick Willis
Frank Gore

Thats a really solid core that will grow together!

Oz-
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Leekiwwi
All I got to say is that my 49ers are finally turning the corner!

Alex Smith
Vernon Davis
Nate Clements
Patrick Willis
Frank Gore

Thats a really solid core that will grow together!

Agreed!!

Been a long time since I have run into a Niners fan. I blame it all on the Yorks.

gcycheun
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Watchout for the Broncos this year!!!

They acquired lots of players this offseason

Travis Henry - will replace the inconsistent Tatum Bell and Mike Bell duo
Dre Bly - better than Darrent Williams
Brandon Stockley - if hes healthy this could be the difference maker in the offense, a good slot receiver will challenge safeties and allow for one on one matchups on the outside for Javon Walker, Rod Smith and Brandon Marshall who is developing into a great receiver
Daniel Graham - very good TE that got burried in NE
drafted a few pass rushers Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder , something they did not have which is why they did not blitz often last year
Warrick Holdman and DD Lewis at Linebacker should help with the release of Al Wilson

JAY CUTLER will be huge this year...WATCHOUT

tyrone
05-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by gcycheun
Watchout for the Broncos this year!!!

They acquired lots of players this offseason

Travis Henry - will replace the inconsistent Tatum Bell and Mike Bell duo
Dre Bly - better than Darrent Williams
Brandon Stockley - if hes healthy this could be the difference maker in the offense, a good slot receiver will challenge safeties and allow for one on one matchups on the outside for Javon Walker, Rod Smith and Brandon Marshall who is developing into a great receiver
Daniel Graham - very good TE that got burried in NE
drafted a few pass rushers Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder , something they did not have which is why they did not blitz often last year
Warrick Holdman and DD Lewis at Linebacker should help with the release of Al Wilson

JAY CUTLER will be huge this year...WATCHOUT

disagree with you imo..

definate watchout team is the new england patriots!!

what great additions to an already elite nfl team.

tom brady and lawrence malroney's fantasy value's have sky rocketed since the off season aquisitions; randy moss and dante stallworth receiving tandem
:drool: :drool:

md14
05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Man oh man..
NE is going to do some damage this year, Moss and Stallworth are going to strech the field.. and I mean Stretch the field. Defences arent going to be able to stack 8-9 in the box nomore, so Malroney should be hammering the ball often, and with the attention on the recievers more now, Watson should be able to do some damage as well.

But.. Let's not forget about Thomas oh man what an addition to the lineback corps

urbannomad
05-06-2007, 11:30 PM
thomas will be great in NE!

i just wonder who will fill his role in baltimore! :eek:

baltimore will be a team to watch! i hope they land keyshawn, it might be a stretch, but he says he wants to go to a superbowl contending team, who better? NE is stacked as it is, so there is no room for him there.

slick2404
05-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Yea i agree, hes a complainer just like TO no matter whos throwing to him or whos coaching him. He'll complain about anything most likely not getting enought touches.

MOSS is the man by far. I'd much rather have him over TO anyday. At least moss can produce, and now he's set with a lethal offence....NE is stacked...

Originally posted by md14
Man oh man..
NE is going to do some damage this year, Moss and Stallworth are going to strech the field.. and I mean Stretch the field. Defences arent going to be able to stack 8-9 in the box nomore, so Malroney should be hammering the ball often, and with the attention on the recievers more now, Watson should be able to do some damage as well.

how sick does that sound, NE is gonna rip it.