PDA

View Full Version : Digital dash install .. have some questions.

Redlyne_mr2
04-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey guys,
Installing a digital dash that has pretty much every readout possible. It has a water temp dispay and Im wondering if the water temp wire off the stock gauge cluster harness will give a value that my digital cluster can understand or if I need to wire the watertemp wire to an aftermarket temp sensor.. thanks

jvillain
05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Installing a digital dash that has pretty much every readout possible.

What are you putting in the Stack display? The first question is are you replacing the current cluster. The second question is does your display want an analog signal or a digital one and if it is analog what voltage range is it looking for? If they recomend a sensor (usually GM) I would just go with it because then you know it will be calibrated correctly.

Redlyne_mr2
05-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by jvillain

What are you putting in the Stack display? The first question is are you replacing the current cluster. The second question is does your display want an analog signal or a digital one and if it is analog what voltage range is it looking for? If they recomend a sensor (usually GM) I would just go with it because then you know it will be calibrated correctly.
Its similar to the Stack display .. It does come with all the sensors needed but I figured it might be easier just to use the existing wire thats on the stock cluster harness. I got it wired in last night... but only turned it to igntion on.. didnt actually fire up the car so Im not sure if anything works yet. Im worried my speedo signal wont be the proper signal either for the cluster but well see.. my car is a 91

thinmyster
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
give me your mechanical speed sensor:thumbsdow

jvillain
05-02-2007, 09:13 AM
One potential issue you were going to face is the splitting the output of that line, but since you are completly replacing your cluster that isn't an issue. The BGB for the 92 (all I could get ) shows that the cluster has it's own water temp sending unit that is seperate from the one that feeds the ECU. So you should be good to go aslong as the voltages match which I suspect they do at the 2 extremes. In the middle is any ones guess. Hook it up and see.