PDA

View Full Version : So did nobody go to John Mayer Last Night?

DepTrotter
04-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I thought he worked it out!

Such a good concert, i was lucky enough to win tickets to both Calgary and Edmonton, and i found that the Calgary concert was a much better experience, not only did he perform different and more songs from the continuum cd but he was much more interactive with the crowd and it was overall a more fun experience

Mayer can rip to shreds too, it was amazing!

ill post some pics up in a bit unfortunately our camera died during the beginning of the Calgary concert where we had considerably better tickets

eb0i
04-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I bought Floor seats for my friends but didn't end up going myself . Buddy said the show was stellar though.

rage2
04-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
Mayer can rip to shreds too, it was amazing!
Ya, I had no idea that he was that good of a guitar player till I saw the John Mayer Trio, his blues project.

rinny
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
The concert was amazing. He is a nuts guitar player and every song he played was well done. It was well worth the money.

DepTrotter
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Ya, I had no idea that he was that good of a guitar player till I saw the John Mayer Trio, his blues project.

I couldnt believe it, he made his way with that guitar like a sex slave!

haha... im not even that much into that genre, but he really steered me into that direction!

thinmyster
04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Awesome show. amazing live.

Talies R
04-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Sooo much talent! I'd never heard any of his music except for that song they always play on the radio so I didnt know what to expect, and wow I was blown away. Dude on the sax was amazing also!

DepTrotter
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Talies R
Sooo much talent! I'd never heard any of his music except for that song they always play on the radio so I didnt know what to expect, and wow I was blown away. Dude on the sax was amazing also!

you should have seen him in edmonton, he got his own long solo, and even mayer just stood there and clapped for him, dude can blow!

R-Audi
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow... different opinion from me..I got bored and left early!
Guess its because I wasnt a fan prior, but I found it boring. He is definitely talented.. I guess not my cup of tea.

Side note.. more hot girls there then I have seen in a long time! Get any pictures Rage??

rage2
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Woop... I'm going to see John Mayer in Chicago next week! For those that went to the calgary show, how much blues stuff did he play? I wanna see him play Gravity live... killer blues/gospel tune.

ken-gsr
06-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I am so jelous of you guys! I would have loved to see him life.

DepTrotter
06-21-2007, 01:28 PM
it was an amazing concert both times, ill be honest i enjoyed the calgary concert better than the edmonton, he'll close the show with gravity, and its an amazing version, he does a lot of guitar solos and it is pretty bluesy. but he does play some songs from room for squares and he will probably do a remake of an old ray charles song. "I DONT NEEEED NO DOCTAH!"

thinmyster
06-21-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah i went to the calgary show and heard it was wayy better than the edmonton show. I wasnt a huge before but his stuff rocks! would have been better with more people in the dome. most concerts are..