PDA

View Full Version : Review/Rant: Soba 10 (5th St, 11th Ave SW)

R-Audi
05-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Went to Soba10 last night with my roomate....here is the basic rundown of an alltime low in service:

Arrive just before 7pm... one side of restaurant is 1/2 full, other has one table.. we waited for 5 minutes and no one came out, so we sat ourselves. Waited another 5 minutes for a waiter to come by for our drink order. time: 7:10 Why does this matter? happy hour stops at 7... it inlcudes $1.25 off your beer, and a free appetizer. This sucks.

-Finally order food about 7:10-7:15, menu is comfusing.. but thats ok. We order some rolls, few pieces of Sashimi and two Yakisoba noodle dishes. (Should also note, sign on door said " All noodle dishes, $6.95 on M/T.. Sweet!)

-Our drinks are done... and 20 minutes later he comes by to offer seconds. Meanwhile we are starving....

-Food comes 45 minutes later after ordering.. Yakisoba looks decent... wheres the sushi stuff? Hmmmm... We also asked for hot sauce.. none available... but there is seasoning salt on the table. Uhh Thanks.

-Finish Yakisoba noodles.. they are decent, but no means great. Still no sushi. At this time we are fed up with waiting, and dont mention the forgotten dishes... wait for another 5 to clear.. another 5 for him to come back so we can get our bill.

-Bill arrives... no happy hour drink prices... Yakisoba noodles are regular price of $8.95.. he says those noodle dishes dont qualify.. only udon and others. (Yakisoba are Udon noodles!) Think that could have been brought to my attention earlier? A dish consisting of 95% noodles doesnt count as a "All noodles" dish?
wtf?

Anyways... to finish it off... takes about 10 minuted to get change from him... bill came to $26.45, we leave $26.50 and are on our way. Enjoy the tip a$$hole.

Thanks for nothing Soba10..... and correct me if Im wrong, but I think in Japanese Soba 10 means 'Slow and Sucky'

Anyways.. this place sucks. I have never left that small of a tip before... and neither had my roomate. He has worked in the food industry fior 6 years.. and considered shorting the bill. It was THAT bad.

Service 1/10
Food 5/10
Ambience 3/10
Price 5/10 -Would have been better with special prices..

SilverGS
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Hmmm I wonder what has chanced there. I have been there before a couple times and it was pretty good.

However, I went there last week for lunch with some coworkers who have never been. I took them there because I liked it there previously.

To make a long story short we have a similar experience as you did.
Food took 45min
Food was good
They made the same mistake on one order twice so my friend just said cancel it and left
Service was very very slow. They had a new waitress on that had only been there a week and pretty much didn't know anything yet.

It seems to me they may have some staffing problems

szw
05-01-2007, 11:29 PM
My noodles are always cold at this place.

Justing
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by szw
My noodles are always cold at this place.

:rofl: :rofl:

im suprised by your review. I've been there tons of times and its always been excellent!
The owner/chef is a really nice guy and we've never had bad service. I guess you guys just got unlucky.
The food has always been good too, really fresh and they have amazing tempura!

cloud7
05-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I too am surprised at your experience... in previous times, the waitress has always given us good service... maybe she left for a better paying job. The food are always slow, have been the case since the time they first opened a few year ago. Their sushi isn't that great anyway, so you didn't miss much.

3g4u
05-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I dont go there anymore either. Terrible service, we went for lunch at 11:30 there on a work day ended up getting half our food at 1:15:eek: and the couple sitting at the table next to us got there before us and their food still wasnt there when we were paying up:thumbsdow Terrible Terrible service, and quite frankly the food is pretty crappy IMO too.