PDA

View Full Version : A Strong Liver

Dave P
05-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can find information on vitamins that help strengthen the liver?

Or do you know what vitamins strenghen the liver?

I take normal multi-vitamins, just wondering if there was a specific vitamin that helps the liver out.

Thanks

JRSC00LUDE
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I believe that milk thistle and artichoke are supposed to be good? I kinda wonder myself after a decade of binge-drinkin'!

GTS Jeff
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
It doesn't really work that way. Your body constantly works to keep the liver strong and you can help it out by living a healthy lifestyle and reducing insult to the liver aka. don't drink. But really, I don't think you have much to worry about if you're not a chronic alcoholic and if you aren't popping painkillers on a daily basis.

GQBalla
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
say no to steroid use also!!

Daxin
05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Once or twice a year I would go on a liquid diet. Juice veggies and fruits for breakfast and lunch and dinner for a week or so. When you fast, your liver and the rest of the body will squeeze out all toxins faster.

You can also take this.

Naka (http://www.nakaherbs.com/products/mariendistel.html)

One thing unique about this product is that the Bromelain Powder (from pineapple, I believe) helps to produce bile from get rid of the toxins.

Like all herbs, do your research. Milk thistle cannot be taken under certain circumstances.

ChokeEmOut
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Grapefruit juice is apparently very good for the ol' liver!