PDA

View Full Version : Tubing services for dune buggy

97'Scort
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I have an '82 Honda Odyssey 250cc dune buggy. The frame has been twisted for years, as the previous owner had smacked it into a tree and left it there. I've decided to try and fix it.

After tearing it down, I've come to the conclusion that the frame is twisted to the point that repairing it might take more time than simply making a new one. I can CADD up designs, but I don't have the equipment to bend and notch the tubing, but I do have a fab shop to weld and build it.

Does anybody know of a place, around Edmonton, that can bend and notch pretty cheap? I'll provide the steel and the plans. I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on this, as the buggy isn't worth that anyways.

If necessary, I could also rent a tubing bender. I have a plasma cutter to notch if i need to.

Thanks!

97'Scort
05-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Nobody?

legendboy
05-04-2007, 09:27 AM
if you are looking for cheap why not just rent the equipment and diy like u said?

why would someone with a tubing notcher or mill and a draw bender do work for cheap :confused:

triver525
05-04-2007, 11:19 AM
For the price that you will pay to get someone to do the work you may as well buy the tools and dies to do it yourself. With that much tubing to bend I doubt you'll get off cheap. Not to mention that the design will likely change as it takes shape.

97'Scort
05-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

If necessary, I could also rent a tubing bender. I have a plasma cutter to notch if i need to.

Thanks!

I did mention that :D The trouble is finding a place that actually rents this stuff. I've called the local rental place, with no luck.

legendboy
05-04-2007, 02:41 PM
lol