PDA

View Full Version : owned R????

Paul
06-09-2003, 05:16 PM
okay, i'm driving along and my buddy in the car in front of me phones me and says "yo Paul! you gotta check out the decal on this Mustang" so i pull in front of him and there was this blue like 90's mustang (LX i think) with a decal on the rear window that says :

Acura Type R
Eliminated

I was like....how so? So i sped past him and dropped a full load of vtec on his head, did he look, yeah...did he wanna try and defend his title...no...so how was he to be owning my ass??? hmmm...

THREE40SEVEN
06-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Paul
okay, i'm driving along and my buddy in the car in front of me phones me and says "yo Paul! you gotta check out the decal on this Mustang" so i pull in front of him and there was this blue like 90's mustang (LX i think) with a decal on the rear window that says :

Acura Type R
Eliminated

I was like....how so? So i sped past him and dropped a full load of vtec on his head, did he look, yeah...did he wanna try and defend his title...no...so how was he to be owning my ass??? hmmm...
Sweet! I've got one on order:nut:

Paul
06-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Hey Matt....it DID have those Mustang Shop decals on the side of it....know him???

Toma
06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
LOL Matt.... get me one for the back of my OMNI ;)

All kidding aside..... I had a blast last year when I raced this Talon that said "technology is the replacement for displacement".... in my 460 carbureted Mustang..... I guess he needed just a little more technology ;) ;)

Toma

ZorroAMG
06-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Haha, cause you tried to race him and he didn't comply, you OWNED him? ;) Not trying to clown you, just making a point...by the way, I was beside you last eve on 17th talking to your buddy in the red Civic behind you and I think the decals look great, MUCH more justice given in person as opposed to seeing them in the thread you started a little while back:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
06-09-2003, 06:39 PM

Acura Type R
Eliminated

Ricer Fly-By...Good for you!............:thumbsdow

cocoabrova
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Ricer Fly-By...Good for you!............:thumbsdow
:rofl::rofl: Some ppl. and their stickers.....The best one I saw was a chick in a nice older Audi 4-dr with, "Boyfriend in trunk!"

THREE40SEVEN
06-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Hey Matt....it DID have those Mustang Shop decals on the side of it....know him???
Yup... i know him.
Its actually says "type r eliminator"
Funny....

redTalon
06-10-2003, 02:19 AM
I guess some people don't think before they put decals on their ride. I should know, I'm one of them.

Paul
06-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Haha, cause you tried to race him and he didn't comply, you OWNED him? ;) :

NO, but doing 80 down deerfoot with that decal on your back window with a ITR behind you might make you think twice about what you're trying to say. maybe he was just putting his head down in shame and letting me pass??
:nut:

PS...never said i owned him, the title of the thread is to reflect his thinking that he OWNS me.

lammer
06-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

:rofl::rofl: Some ppl. and their stickers.....The best one I saw was a chick in a nice older Audi 4-dr with, "Boyfriend in trunk!"

I saw an older G20 with giant decal on the back window saying

INFIZMO

haha i thought i would point that out.

ebny
06-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Well, I saw a 2002 Ford Ranger beat a ITR right from the get go.....It was up in edmonton and they raced at all 3 lights.....It must have been the driver....but it musta been embarassing for the people that were in that ride.........:love: :werd:

Paul
06-10-2003, 02:17 PM
yeah...that would have been embarassing...sux to be the owner of that ITR!!!

PS: Ed's a loser

atomic
06-10-2003, 02:18 PM
i'd beware of the cars with mustang shop or western motor sport decals .. talk a lot now, but most of these guys are real tuners ... not cai/exhaust/body kit ppl .. (this includes wrx owners) :)

ebny
06-10-2003, 02:21 PM
:burnout: - Bleh!!!!!:D :D

silverEL
06-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Toma
LOL Matt.... get me one for the back of my OMNI ;)

All kidding aside..... I had a blast last year when I raced this Talon that said "technology is the replacement for displacement".... in my 460 carbureted Mustang..... I guess he needed just a little more technology ;) ;)

Toma

sure it didnt say :
"technology is the only substitute for cubic inches"
because that is a quote from a tuner shop, RCTS

Phats
06-10-2003, 06:45 PM
doesn't the quote go, "there is no replacement for displacement except technology"
anyway, I see this pos older grand am with a huge "flipmode" sticker on the front window, what a tool that guy is

edit: nevermind, I thought it said that, guess not :dunno:

cocoabrova
06-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Phats
doesn't the quote go, "there is no replacement for displacement except technology"
anyway, I see this pos older grand am with a huge "flipmode" sticker on the front window, what a tool that guy is

edit: nevermind, I thought it said that, guess not :dunno:
Was it maybe an older Z24?? I've see a car in the SW that has "FLIPMODE" on the w/s.....because he's Flip I guess:dunno:

redx2nv
06-10-2003, 11:42 PM
The airheads at perfomaceshop.com called bs on saying i beat 454ss.. Nevertheless they got owned when the actual owner of the trucks friend could vouch for it happening, and that a 15.1 would never happen with my car...

A week later i ran 15.1, 5 times straight, and then a 15.7(really bad launch)...

colinderksen
06-11-2003, 12:45 AM
I remember someone replying to your post with this.

"Problem is that truck is a 90 454 with about a zillion miles on it with a slipping 700r4 tranny. When he bought the truck it had a blown up 350 in it. I swapped that tired 454 back in so he had a daily beater.

Now that you mention it I'm not sure if I ever checked to make sure it had the correct 454 prom.

That truck did seem super gutless to me."

So you won a race against a daily driving beater with a Zillion miles on it, and possibly the wrong prom. :clap:

Toma
06-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Just to add gas to the small fire we have....

What exactly is technology? The carburetor is old, yes, but turbos are 80 years old, fuel injection is 100 years old, electronic fuel injection is 30 years old. Sooooo, the question to be asked is.... WHAT IS TECHNOLOGY? :D

I have seen a Stockish Vtec preludes with good drivers knock off low 15's. So that is respectable no doubt.....

You guys trying to street race are bad bad bad anyway ;)

kevie88
06-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Hehe.. I've got an "R" he can try!!

aiy_yah
06-11-2003, 01:15 PM
I remember bringing up the "no replacement for displacement" comment to my friend. His answer was "sure there is, it's called boost!" I thought it was kinda funny.

redx2nv
06-11-2003, 06:29 PM
HMM i will gladly take on any 454 SS....C'mon i put a football field on this guy(exaggerating a bit but it was pretty bad)...

Whens the last time i've seen a chevy(gas powered)with over 270k on a stock motor, not too many...

THREE40SEVEN
06-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by atomic
i'd beware of the cars with mustang shop or western motor sport decals .. talk a lot now, but most of these guys are real tuners ... not cai/exhaust/body kit ppl .. (this includes wrx owners) :)
The car in question's pretty stock....BUT, I have 5 blowers to install in the next month, including a kenne bell blown 2003 cobra....should be a modest 500rwhp on pump gas at 13lbs :D :nut: She'd be at 15lbs if we had access to better gas.
This town has too many people (mainly oil guys) with too much money..
Oh well;) Im not complainin...

MSRXTRM
06-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv

Whens the last time i've seen a chevy(gas powered)with over 270k on a stock motor, not too many...

You haven't been looking too hard then. I can think of 4 right off the top of my head, and I owned a '93 Chev 4X4 379,000kms + on it.

redx2nv
06-11-2003, 11:30 PM
how is the power on it, pretty good?

mwdguy
06-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN

The car in question's pretty stock....BUT, I have 5 blowers to install in the next month, including a kenne bell blown 2003 cobra....should be a modest 500rwhp on pump gas at 13lbs :D :nut: She'd be at 15lbs if we had access to better gas.
This town has too many people (mainly oil guys) with too much money..
Oh well;) Im not complainin...

Yeah get on it Matt ;)

can ya toss one them stickers on my car ?

MSRXTRM
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv
how is the power on it, pretty good?

As you can imagine, its pretty tired......actually only one of those trucks I know of has a nut-sack on it, and that's only because it was just rebuilt.

stryker
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
type r is representin man