PDA

View Full Version : rust and paint job quote?

Enviious
06-09-2003, 06:21 PM
I was wondering around how much it would cost to remove rust and get a new paint job on a 84 prelude. I know it depends on the severity but could someone give me a general range?

I also wanted to know where I should get it done. Any particular place recommended?

Thanks! :poosie:

ramminghard
06-09-2003, 06:30 PM
do a search on here. there have been lots of posts like this. Also where you get it done depends on how good of a job you want done and what your willing to pay

Weapon_R
06-09-2003, 07:27 PM
How much dough do you wanna spend?

Hash_man
06-09-2003, 11:06 PM
We had the rust cut out of our 89 accord while the damage from the rear-ender was being fixed, it was done by RPM Racing, and they did a really good job. Not sure on the cost but give Roberto a call and find out.

legendboy
06-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Give Mahesh a call at 248-1485. He does good work and reasonably priced. Here is a pic of my car from yesterday.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Paint%20Job/Done/LeftRR.jpg

Mckenzie
06-11-2003, 09:32 AM
I just sent my legend in on monday for work. It went to Andana painting and restoration. He specializes in hondas.

I am getting:

Full Paint Job including side moldings (no door jams or engine bay)
Rust Fixed (5 small patches)
Shaved emblems (except for A on the back)
Spoiler re-mounted (idiot who mounted it mounted it wrong and it rusted out around the trunk and underneath)
Rock guard around rear fenders and undercoat
Remove door dings and little scratches
Replace windsheild

Remount front and rear bumper (rear was out of line because the stay was cracked.... front was newfie rigged with broken clips.....some really mysterious stuff with the bumpers)

It is going to cost $2200 for the paint job and $250 for the windsheild. There are going to be some extra charges for a few plastic welds, a new A emblem and a new licence plate holder. I also get a 5 year warranty.......

I will let you know how it is when it comes out. IT should be ready by next monday. I have seen some of his work and it looks great.

Enviious
06-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Sounds good man, be sure to let me know

Lo)2enz0
06-13-2003, 08:16 PM
i will have to get my 240 done soon at a place. well i will have to see some cars and where they got it done at before I blow a crap load of money

Mckenzie
06-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Enviious
Sounds good man, be sure to let me know

My car is done now....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18022

I will be posting a full write up on it when I get it all cleaned up. :)