PDA

View Full Version : ex500 vs gs500e vs buell blast...

method
06-09-2003, 06:46 PM
vs etc....

what do you guys consider the best new(er) entry level streetbike? add any you can think of, I'm just listing commonly suggested beginner bikes.

cocoabrova
06-09-2003, 07:34 PM
SV650, CBR600 F4i, R6.....The SV650 is probably the tamest of those three, although you can go with a Ninja 250 if you really want a beginners' bike/crotchrocket;)

Dave P
06-10-2003, 01:35 AM
the sv's are so fun to ride. V Twins are so sweet

tourque all the way threw the powerband, instead of normal street bikes where you have to get the revs up

kevie88
06-10-2003, 12:07 PM
The Blast makes a fantastic boat anchor!! Keeps your boat secure even in the worst weather! :D

dogstar
06-11-2003, 12:15 PM
sv650
or the ninja 500.

the gs500 is ok, but youll want something faster in short time.

id suggest buying a bike that isnt a full on race bike (r6, ninja636, cbr600, and so on)
these bikes are awfully knife edged to learn on, by that i mean, you can ride them great up to a point.
when your walking along that edge, things happen VERY fast.
more than likely most beginners cant handle the speed and suddeness with which things can happen on a race bred bike.

this isnt to persuade you to not buy one, in fact i learned on a dirtbike and then a ninja 600r, but just a very urgent warning about what to expect.

so yeah...
basically, i suggest the sv650, or maybe the ducatti equivalent...i cant for the life of me remember what its called, but its a damn nice bike, and not as pricy as you might think.

method
06-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by dogstar
or maybe the ducatti equivalent...i cant for the life of me remember what its called, but its a damn nice bike, and not as pricy as you might think.

is that the monster 620 or whatever? it sure looks nice, but I'm willing to bet it's quite a bit more than the sv650

who sells ducatis in calgary? I know that revoluzione shop does, but I dunno if anyone else carries their full range.