PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Liscense Age Change?

bosa
06-09-2003, 06:57 PM
So now do I have to be 16 for learners and 18 for drivers?

If so, I guess it just means more time to save for a car and mods. :D

Ben
06-09-2003, 07:00 PM
There are alot of 16 year olds whom I dont think deserve to drive, but there is alot of people who are older who dont either!

redline_13000
06-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben
There are alot of 16 year olds whom I dont think deserve to drive, but there is alot of people who are older who dont either!

:werd:

GTS Jeff
06-09-2003, 07:55 PM
wooohoo! less "street racers"!

three.eighteen.
06-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wooohoo! less "street racers"!

cus its not like any of us are guilty of such things:confused:

rice_eater
06-09-2003, 08:09 PM
but then you turn 18 and where's the first place you're gonna drive to? THE LIQOR STORE!!!!!!! I wasn't the greatest driver back them but hey i drove a crappy slow spirit so i could never go fast enough to hurt myself...i think instead of upping the age they should have a hp limit on the car. What do you guys think?

redline_13000
06-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
but then you turn 18 and where's the first place you're gonna drive to? THE LIQOR STORE!!!!!!! I wasn't the greatest driver back them but hey i drove a crappy slow spirit so i could never go fast enough to hurt myself...i think instead of upping the age they should have a hp limit on the car. What do you guys think?

lol, any hp car can be driven dangerously

04blackMAX
06-09-2003, 08:22 PM
awesome!!

GTS Jeff
06-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

cus its not like any of us are guilty of such things:confused: haha u know what i mean ya homo. im talking about the half-drunk kids at bullshits or whatever

rice_eater
06-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

oh dude of course but at least no drunk 16 year old will be able to drive mad fast coz by the time they get to any remotely high speed they'll most likely hit a light :D or if on the highway a shitbucket will top out at a say 140-150...i mean take my buddie's geo or my old spirit. It takes so long to get to any remotely fast speed you just give up trying :rofl: Maybe it wont make much of a difference but every bit helps :dunno:

Zephyr
06-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

yea a pinto explodes at 25 mph :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nismodrifter
06-09-2003, 09:01 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D

funny shit :D

raising the age to 18 is good...people (well most people..) are more responsible by that age and realize that driving like crazy is not cool

Wildcat
06-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D

funny shit :D

raising the age to 18 is good...people (well most people..) are more responsible by that age and realize that driving like crazy is not cool

:werd: , and its a damn good thing too! keeps dumb slitches (like my sister) from doing shit like this...

Too bad the bitch already got her license :banghead: ... its fixed now so beware the durango with a skibox! beware i say! BEWARE!!! :eek:

ryder_23
06-09-2003, 10:04 PM
u can still be 16 and get ur liscence. Just restricted hours. I have pamphlet at home. My sis is 15 with her learners, which she has to posses for a minimum of a year before she can get her drivers, they didnt really change much...not as bad as bc atleast. She just cant drive with ultimate freedom until shes 18, almost like it used to be, only 8 demeritts, cant blow over 0 on breathalizer, hoesntly not much changed...any questions, pm me.

Seanith
06-09-2003, 10:31 PM
this is good news..my younger bro and his friends are almost 16 and it scares the shit out of me thinking that young tards like that will be out terrorizing the roads..they should have the nice green newbie "N" stickers on their cars when they are "n00bs" :thumbsup:
just like in B.C!

ryder_23
06-09-2003, 11:07 PM
yeah....its their so if u loose control, u see sticker, crash into them, and all fault is automatically blamed on the "N"new driver...lol...

mad_psyentist
06-10-2003, 07:06 AM
So THAT's what those stupid 'N' stickers were. Thought it was some protest or tree-huggin convention or something.

Moonracer
06-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by bosa
So now do I have to be 16 for learners and 18 for drivers?

If so, I guess it just means more time to save for a car and mods. :D

Like mentioned above, hasn't changed too much. 14 for learners still, 16 for probationary licence, 18 for full class 5 as long as you are ticket free for at least one year. If you are older when you start then you have to have your learners for at least one year before you can get your probationary.

ZorroAMG
06-10-2003, 10:11 AM
They should make it 21 and over for full freedom, and 18 for learners...

mad_psyentist
06-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Nah. Raisin' the age to 18 is good enough for drivers. Would sux to wait until you're 21 to be able to hit the pavement full throttle. Have you ever seen a 20+-er try to learn how to drive? It's rather pathetic. Like tryin' to teach old fogs to drive. Hit 'em while they're young. They learn better... most of 'em.

At 16, you should get a learners, but not be allowed to drive without having a licensed driver in the car with ya. Sure, wouldn't eliminate annoyingly bad highschool drivers, but 14 is WAY too young to get a learners. I say kids shouldn't be allowed to touch a steering wheel until at least age 16, can't drive alone until 18. Period. Would also help cut down on the "My Daddy bought me this car" syndrome.

Wildcat
06-10-2003, 10:42 AM
ya, if you can join the army at 18, god forbid you wont be able to drive till 21.. :nut: