PDA

View Full Version : 07 escalde EXT

Kobe
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone driven one? anyone got one? How was it? Any major problems?

me&you
05-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Anyone driven one? anyone got one? How was it? Any major problems?

Meh. Far better than the previous version... the new hp make it almost fun (though I've only had the shorty). The interior is 10X better than previous edition as well and is starting to looking like it belongs in a vehicle in this price range.

Depends on your style. I personally prefer the smaller and more nimble SUVs (ie Cayenne), but if you're a "big-truck-guy", this is the best out there.

Kobe
05-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by me&you

Meh. Far better than the previous version... the new hp make it almost fun (though I've only had the shorty). The interior is 10X better than previous edition as well and is starting to looking like it belongs in a vehicle in this price range.

Depends on your style. I personally prefer the smaller and more nimble SUVs (ie Cayenne), but if you're a "big-truck-guy", this is the best out there.

my dad is debating between the escalade and the 07 avalance.. I'm telling him, he can't compare both.. the escalde is looking super nice inside with the light leather, but we were hopingfor some info from people that own/ have driven them...

me&you
05-03-2007, 07:02 AM

my dad is debating between the escalade and the 07 avalance.. I'm telling him, he can't compare both.. the escalde is looking super nice inside with the light leather, but we were hopingfor some info from people that own/ have driven them...

I've owned and driven enough...

Depends what you need it for; work = avalanche. Towing the boat to the cabin/pimpin' = escalade.

They are similar enough... how much is that badge worth to you?

Mitsu3000gt
05-03-2007, 08:13 AM
I've driven/ridden in both, I would never pay what their asking for either, let alone the price of the Caddy. Buy a 1-2 year old one and enjoy ~30-40% savings if you must have one - tells you something about how reasonable their sticker price is right there in my opinion. It also weighs over 6000lbs and will do nothing for your gas bills, if you care at all. I'd never buy a new vehicle that depreciates as bad as a caddy - I can't think of many other cars that do. If you buy a 1-2 year old one you can buy a second car with the savings over new.

rc2002
05-03-2007, 10:41 AM
I've always wanted one - it's comfortable as hell, but could never justify the depreciation.

A3GTiVR6SC
05-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I've driven/ridden in both, I would never pay what their asking for either, let alone the price of the Caddy. Buy a 1-2 year old one and enjoy ~30-40% savings if you must have one - tells you something about how reasonable their sticker price is right there in my opinion. It also weighs over 6000lbs and will do nothing for your gas bills, if you care at all. I'd never buy a new vehicle that depreciates as bad as a caddy - I can't think of many other cars that do. If you buy a 1-2 year old one you can buy a second car with the savings over new.

best advice yet.:thumbsup:

modded46
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Escalades are pimp! I would get one if I could afford it and had a garage big enough for many more cars :)

arian_ma
05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Really? You guys all think a big boat POS gas guzzler SUV is "pimp"? That's disgusting. Whenever I see a fucking douche bag with his "ice" "rollin'" around "hookin' up" with some "hoes" I die a little on the inside, most pointless car ever in my opinion, I would not ever buy one or consider buying one.

/hate

Kobe
05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
my dad wants to wait till the 08's come out, so the 07's will go down in value.. he is only interested in buying used....

Mitsu3000gt
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
my dad wants to wait till the 08's come out, so the 07's will go down in value.. he is only interested in buying used....

What does he plan on using this for? Unless he is buying it for the Caddy symbol (which would be silly IMO), there are far better options for less money, or options where you actually get your money's worth.

QuasarCav
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Really? You guys all think a big boat POS gas guzzler SUV is "pimp"? That's disgusting. Whenever I see a fucking douche bag with his "ice" "rollin'" around "hookin' up" with some "hoes" I die a little on the inside, most pointless car ever in my opinion, I would not ever buy one or consider buying one.

/hate

I'm with you. Fucking fat white guys with more money than sense pounding rap music while acheiving 8mpg.

Hakkola
05-03-2007, 03:44 PM

I've driven the old Escalade and it was a pile of shit. What do reviews say about the new one? Test drive it, if you like it, buy it. :dunno:

arian_ma
05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I'm with you. Fucking fat white guys with more money than sense pounding rap music while acheiving 8mpg.

You know what, I take back my statement of most useless car ever, that title DEFINITELY goes to the Hummer, like NO contest. That car is the biggest piece of shit ever, the fucking hood is held on with the same kind of technology that keeps my soft top on.

"Army styles yo, I am rough and tough, driving through Crowchild, that road is pretty serious business"

It's gas mileage is even better than the Escalade, 4 MPG, yes, FOUR.

bspot
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

You know what, I take back my statement of most useless car ever, that title DEFINITELY goes to the Hummer, like NO contest. That car is the biggest piece of shit ever, the fucking hood is held on with the same kind of technology that keeps my soft top on.

"Army styles yo, I am rough and tough, driving through Crowchild, that road is pretty serious business"

It's gas mileage is even better than the Escalade, 4 MPG, yes, FOUR.

Are you serious? That's 58L/100km!! That's about 6 times worse than most of us here with compact cars.

MintRacer
05-03-2007, 05:54 PM
those are not accurate numbers... close.. but not actual

Evolize
05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I drove an escalade to edmonton, around edmonton and then had to drive the avalance back.

They both felt like pieces of plastic junk. handling was crap, my legs when moved around the panels would creak and groan. the window switch stopped working half way to edmonton on the escalade and it was brand new with 25kms on it. Ate gas like a whore. seats were numbing my legs after an hour had to continually move around. The drive back with an avalance was worse. felt no better than my cavalier.

If i was your dad, he should go and look at the new toyota trucks. I drove one of those this past weekend and it was amazing.

Lexxan
05-03-2007, 07:15 PM
^^ lol wtf?? I love my 07 avalanche. As of now the new LTZ av/sierra/silverado blow any other truck out of the water in comfort/ride. Note I'm only speaking about the LTZ model.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
+1 for the Toyota Tundra

I love the look of those trucks... Can't say they're better/worse than the others, but it's the one I would go for if I was looking for some huge ass truck

Evolize
05-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan
^^ lol wtf?? I love my 07 avalanche. As of now the new LTZ av/sierra/silverado blow any other truck out of the water in comfort/ride. Note I'm only speaking about the LTZ model. The only GM i will own has to be made 1995 and prior. Driving a piece of rickkity plastic sucks. You want reliability and good quality from a NEW car? Buy an import!

Mitsu3000gt
05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
My friends dad bought a new avalanche, it averaged 36 L/100km. Needless to say they sold it within a year after realizing their mistake.

Sharpie
05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
My friends dad bought a new avalanche, it averaged 36 L/100km. Needless to say they sold it within a year after realizing their mistake.
People actually buy trucks and expect good fuel economy?:eek:

Team_Mclaren
05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
yes lets buy a truck and worry about gas consumption...

:nut: :rolleyes:

Mitsu3000gt
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

I don't know what they were thinking, but I'm guessing they didn't know it would be quite that bad :dunno: I have no idea.

tentacles
05-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Well the Avalanche 2WD gets 13l/100km according to the EPA(better than my car, and my car only has 2 seats! :nut: ) , so I guess the real figure being double that would be kind of suprising.

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by tentacles
Well the Avalanche 2WD gets 13l/100km according to the EPA(better than my car, and my car only has 2 seats! :nut: ) , so I guess the real figure being double that would be kind of suprising.

They had the 8.1L motor and 4WD. Also depends on how you drive it.

arian_ma
05-04-2007, 10:44 AM

People don't buy trucks to get fuel economy, but they also don't buy it to spend 200 bucks on gas every 2 days. That's just retarded.

hollywood_35
05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Screw gas consumption. I sold my 1991 Celica and bought a 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. I've never been happier. Everyone says, that has to suck on the wallet. I honestly don't care because for the amount of money I had to spend, if I spent it on an import I would have to pay out my rear for repairs. I learned my lesson with buying imports, don't buy cheap ones. So spent my money on a truck with big tires thats fun in the mud, you only live once... let your balls flex and be a man.

tentacles
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
1) You switched from a tiny Japanese sports car to a body-on-frame truck because you didn't want to pay for repairs? :confused: I never knew Celicas were so expensive to repair, considering how many of them there are on the roads....

2)
http://www.2000gt.net/Competition/Rally/CelicaST185_02.jpg

R!zz0
05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by hollywood_35
I learned my lesson with buying imports, don't buy cheap ones.

I had an 1983 Celica with 460,000 kms and it was running on 3 cyl
I had a 1991 Accord with 389,000 kms and was not even leaking or burning oil.
My 90 Civic is still running strong and it has almost 300,000 kms on it.

Originally posted by hollywood_35
be a man.

For some reason it reminded me of "Russell Peters"

hollywood_35
05-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0

For some reason it reminded me of "Russell Peters"

That's funny because when I typed it thats what I was thinking of :rofl:

hollywood_35
05-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
1) You switched from a tiny Japanese sports car to a body-on-frame truck because you didn't want to pay for repairs? :confused: I never knew Celicas were so expensive to repair, considering how many of them there are on the roads....

You have to admit that there are far more trucks on the road compared to celicas. And mine was a nightmare, blew the engine, replaced that, found out the car had every other mechanical piece toast, so needless to say it took me a loooong time and a lot of money to repair it.

I'm not off japanese cars forever, I'm looking into building a MKIII supra start this winter. I like them, it's just hard to find a decent one on a low budget.

Lexxan
05-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
The only GM i will own has to be made 1995 and prior. Driving a piece of rickkity plastic sucks. You want reliability and good quality from a NEW car? Buy an import!

They are reliable.. long enough til I get a new one. That's just what poor people say who can't afford a new vehicle every couple years or are so cheap they think leasing is a waste of money. At least it doesn't look like a little gayass piece of shit and I don't have to drive around in front wheel drive in a city that is covered in snow half of the year.

hollywood_35
05-06-2007, 02:46 PM

They are reliable.. long enough til I get a new one. That's just what poor people say who can't afford a new vehicle every couple years or are so cheap they think leasing is a waste of money. At least it doesn't look like a little gayass piece of shit and I don't have to drive around in front wheel drive in a city that is covered in snow half of the year.

:thumbsup:

except i disagree with the lease thing, I'd rather buy a vehicle, that way theres something left at the end of the term, and if you want to spend a year without making payments, you can spend it in mexico!

TegLover
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM

coming from the guy who "paid" $70K for an avalanche:rolleyes:

ZorroAMG
05-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I'd buy an escalade too.....

If my penis was small.

Ghey. For the money there are WAY better vehicles that don't ooze insecurity....it's like one of those members on here that had 24" or 26" rims....

Mitsu3000gt
05-07-2007, 09:41 PM

Doesn't it bother you that in a year or two you've lost $30,000....that could buy a lot of cool stuff, or another 1-2 cars. Assuming its a $70k car or close to it. And if you compare the interior to just about anything else, in my opinion, it does look like a "gayass piece of shit".
Also, for snow actually being on the roads, I'd say its a matter of weeks at best, not 6mo. The actual roads clear up pretty fast, with the exception of the few nights that it dumps on us. Anyways just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

gpomp
05-08-2007, 03:08 AM

They had the 8.1L motor and 4WD. Also depends on how you drive it.

the 2007 avalanche comes with a 5.3L V8 that returns 18 mpg in the city and 27 on the highway.

to OP, i don't think you'll get many favorable responses since this is mainly honda/import forum and have never driven the new gm trucks. personally, i've driven an 07 denali and they're nowhere near as bad as people on this forum think.

Aleks
05-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Interiors in the new GM trucks are just as nice as the new Tundra interior.

If you buy a new A8, A6 or a new 7 series or the like you lose 30 grand in 2-3 years as well sometimes more.

Mitsu3000gt
05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Interiors in the new GM trucks are just as nice as the new Tundra interior.

If you buy a new A8, A6 or a new 7 series or the like you lose 30 grand in 2-3 years as well sometimes more.

I must say I was slightly dissapointed with the Tundra's interior as well. A few things felt cheap to me, but still better than the competition in my opinion.

Those cars are also well over 100K with the exception of the A6. With german cars, it depends on the model for depreciation. Look at the M3, that thing holds it's value like nothing else. I'd imagine the RS4 to be similar. 5 year old Audi RS6's are being sold for $90,000 still, and they were barely over $100,000 new. Mercedes AMG product holds it's value pretty well too. The huge luxury cars like 7 series and A8 do not hold their value very well, but the 5 series and 3 series do much better. I read the BMW 5 series holds its value better than anything in it's class, but the Lexus GS430 can't be much different.

dino_martini
05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
If your going to buy a truck, may as well get a full size one no?The Tundra is way to expensive for what you can buy at GM. Go buy the new Sierra or Silverado and pocket the differance.

As for the EXT, I like it but I couldnt justify paying for a rebadged Avalanche.

Mitsu3000gt
05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
If your going to buy a truck, may as well get a full size one no?The Tundra is way to expensive for what you can buy at GM. Go buy the new Sierra or Silverado and pocket the differance.

As for the EXT, I like it but I couldnt justify paying for a rebadged Avalanche.

I'm pretty sure the tundra is full sized now. This is the first year though. Overall it is also probably cheaper to own the tundra as it won't depreciate nearly as much, so when you go to sell it, you paid more, but you'll get more back. They are new though, so we'll have to see! And I agree about the rebadged avalanche, same deal with all the caddy's.

kaput
05-08-2007, 09:16 AM

benyl
05-08-2007, 09:26 AM

I'm pretty sure the tundra is full sized now. This is the first year though. Overall it is also probably cheaper to own the tundra as it won't depreciate nearly as much, so when you go to sell it, you paid more, but you'll get more back. They are new though, so we'll have to see! And I agree about the rebadged avalanche, same deal with all the caddy's.

OMG. Here we go again.

If you took the time to actually look at residual values, you would see that the Tundra and the equivalent GM product have the SAME residuals.

I took the bottom of the barrel trucks with extended cabs for the latest Toyota and GM. The numbers don't lie. Plus GM now has a better warranty if you plan to keep the truck longer. Not everyone gets a lemon when buying a GM. They aren't as bad as every Honda owner makes them out to be.

Toyota:

2007 Tundra 4X4 Double Cab 4.7 L STD
Automatic Transmission
Exterior Colour: Alpine White
Interior Colour: Graphite
BT541A A 0040

MSRP $36,500.00
TOTAL for Lease $38,193.50
MONTHLY PAYMENT $661.84
Lease End Value*** $20,924.71

Total payments: 661.84 * 36 = $23,826

GM:

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Next Generation LT 4x4 Extended Cab 6.6 ft. box 143.5 in. WB

MSRP $35,980.00
TOTAL for Lease $35,980.00 (GM price included PDI and destination.
MONTHLY PAYMENT $498.20
Lease End Value*** $20,707.00

Total payments: 498.20 * 36 = $17,935

Wow, that extra $5,000 would sure come in handy... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mitsu3000gt
05-08-2007, 09:37 AM
You try way too hard. I said "we'll have to see", and used the word "probably" to CLEARLY illistrate the fact that I did not know for sure, and would be looking into it. Also I was assuming someone buys the vehicle outright, uses it for a bit, then sells it, in which case I'm guessing you'd get more back for the Toyota, but as I clearly implied, I did not know yet. I guess you had no way of knowing exaxctly what I was thinking though. You could save alot of time by reading more carefully, but thanks for the info!

TegLover
05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
See this is the problem here, everyone wants a truck with a nice interior and ride quality but they fail to see that truck are for work, hence the box attached to the back.

You band wagoners all just want trucks because every redneck in Calgary has one and you think its cool to own one. 80% of you buy them to drive around the city and yet complain that gas it too much. Oh how i love the irrational uneducated. :rolleyes:

Sharpie
05-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by TegLover
See this is the problem here, everyone wants a truck with a nice interior and ride quality but they fail to see that truck are for work, hence the box attached to the back.

You band wagoners all just want trucks because every redneck in Calgary has one and you think its cool to own one. 80% of you buy them to drive around the city and yet complain that gas it too much. Oh how i love the irrational uneducated. :rolleyes:
I dunno my uncle's 1 tonne rides pretty damn nice... Also a guy I know just bought a short box reg. cab sierra and that thing is sexy....

Kobe
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
For the record, my dad has a Z71 Silverado right now, and he wants to upgrade it...

I actually did test drive the tundra at the car show, it was a decent truck, but not a huge fan of the interior.. and those annoying sensors....

The Escalade would not be driven much, as my dad already has a work truck...

The thing with the Chevy Ava, is that GPS is an option, and there is a bunch of other crap he would like to add aswell, He would also only be interested in the one tone dimond white, but I think that means the rear would have to get painted..

If he was to buy an escalade he would have one with the gps and one dimond white already done.

In the last 3 or 4 years my dad has put about 20,000km on the Silverado, and Im sure the new one will be the same...

Anyways, the tundra is out of the picture he would rather keep the silverado then buy a tundra...

I was just trying to get some feedback on both, and thanks for all the replies :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TegLover
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM

I dunno my uncle's 1 tonne rides pretty damn nice... Also a guy I know just bought a short box reg. cab sierra and that thing is sexy....

i'm not saying that they can't be nice, just that people shouldn't be expecting it to ride and have interior trims like an S-Class. Trucks are designed for hauling shit and used on construction sites. I've driven Ford F150 Super crew's for work and i really think the interior and the drive is like a mid rang priced car, of course i'm not expecting anything more cause IT IS A TRUCK.