PDA

View Full Version : help me find this noise...video inside

hamburgler
05-02-2007, 11:47 PM
ok this is the weirdest thing ever, this annoying sound has just started happening. i have now just replaced the oil pump and its still there. i cant seem to narrow down where its coming from. i dont think its the timing belt tensioner as it was smooth when i took off the t belt. the water pump is only about 2000km old. there is nothing else it could really be down there. i have all the plastic off now and the sound it still there. its not the ticking in this video, its the low humming sound in the background. let me know if you have any suggestions of what it might be. thanks

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/hamburgler39/?action=view&current=MVI_0554.flv

hamburgler
05-07-2007, 02:08 AM
water pump anyone? im also having overheating issues at idle

dj_honda
05-08-2007, 02:42 AM
it sounds like your t belt might be rubbing against the cover that you cut for access to the cam gears? make sure thats not rubbing. did you also make sure to use the correct washers in the correct positions when you did the oil pump? and put the crank pulley back on? if not its kind of hard to figure out from that video. definitely sounds like something rubbing somewhere.

cocoabrova
05-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
it sounds like your t belt might be rubbing against the cover that you cut for access to the cam gears? make sure thats not rubbing. did you also make sure to use the correct washers in the correct positions when you did the oil pump? and put the crank pulley back on? if not its kind of hard to figure out from that video. definitely sounds like something rubbing somewhere.

:werd: or sounds like t-belt is too tight maybe....

hamburgler
05-08-2007, 08:02 AM
no its none of that...i have tried it all. i think it is my water pump now...i ll just keep watching it and hopefully it will start leaking so i can put my new one on!