PDA

View Full Version : bubble tea @ home

VeilOctane
05-03-2007, 09:42 AM
i went to shun fat supermarket 88 on 17 AVE SE and i found ingredients for bubble tea.

they have tons of flavors powder and syrup its funny cuz there all labled for restarunt use only. so the amout you get is alot!!!

i picked up a huge bag of:
wattermellon powder for $15
honeydew syrup $15
lichee jelly in a humogous jar $16

crush ice add milk and ajust to your tasteing!!!

they have straws and cups too there $2

also they have pearls (SAGO)

legereandrew4
05-03-2007, 10:11 AM
No pre made Tappioca perals? I personally dont like the jelly.

ken-gsr
05-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Nice I love bubble tea!

spyce
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
honeydew slush and lychee jelly works for me :drool:

JRSC00LUDE
05-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Ya, without the pearls it just isn't right. Would be neat to do but making it at home would take the novelty away, one of the fun things about going to calgary is getting a good bubble tea!

IntegraG2
05-03-2007, 10:45 AM
pearls you can buy at T&T supermarket also you can get a small package of taro powder if you didnt want a years supply of it. You just have to boil the premade tapioca balls. Cheers

dj_rice
05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Bubble tea made from the powders is nasttty...fresh fruit BBT tastes way better...

Disoblige
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Fresh fruit rocks, yeah, but Taro powder isn't too bad. I like it! I make tapioca balls at home and put them into homemade slushies. :D

gp36912
05-03-2007, 02:56 PM
just know how to make them properly thats all :D i have no clue how though :D

HybridTheory
05-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Taro is the only flavor that's good from powder. Fresh Fruit ftw! Mmmmm jackfruit :drool:

dericer
05-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Where can you find straws? Do they have larger ones at Pacific Mall?

Street_Soldier
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
2 tables spoons of sugar

2 table spoons of coffee mate

2 table spoons of flavored powder or some liquid.

some hot water to disolve the powder and coffeemate.

add ice (enough to fill one of those to go cups) blend and ur good.

toyboy88
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
FFBT all the way..... :D

Isaiah
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Fresh fruit FTW and the lychee jelly is the best IMO.

HiSpec
05-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by HybridTheory
Taro is the only flavor that's good from powder. Fresh Fruit ftw! Mmmmm jackfruit :drool:

:werd:
haha its pretty hard to make fresh taro BBT... taro is hella hard to grind down for juice!!

dj_rice
05-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec

:werd:
haha its pretty hard to make fresh taro BBT... taro is hella hard to grind down for juice!!

You dont grind it down to full juice....when you do Taro you blend it to the consistency of a thick slushie...durrr anyone who knows BBT knows this or to help in aiding of blending, boil the taro in water for a few mins to soften it :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
pearls you can buy at T&T supermarket also you can get a small package of taro powder if you didnt want a years supply of it. You just have to boil the premade tapioca balls. Cheers
Are the pearls ready to serve?

IntegraG2
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Are the pearls ready to serve?

it comes in a package with directions to boil...

and werd the only good powder is taro....fresh fruit FTW especially strawberry...

HiSpec
05-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

You dont grind it down to full juice....when you do Taro you blend it to the consistency of a thick slushie...durrr anyone who knows BBT knows this or to help in aiding of blending, boil the taro in water for a few mins to soften it :thumbsup:

I think Taro takes quite a bit of time to boil to its full softness. You know those Taro dessert with tappioca?? Sometimes the restaurant serve it with the taro hella hard!! I always believe they require long boiling time to soften them... and the ripness of the Taro is a factor too... I think I think...:confused:

gp36912
05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
^^^ not just that but fresh taro is rather tasteless imo. sugar brings out the flavor of it.

VeilOctane
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
great stuff

ummmmmmmmmmm

dino_martini
05-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I know this is a little off topic, but I dont want to start my own thread.

Can anyone give me the address or basic directions to Try Again and Dessert House? Thank you.

gp36912
05-06-2007, 05:49 PM
dessert house is right off the center street bridge. try again is basement of the scotia center or w/e a block down from dessert house.

dessert house is a left turn off of center street bridge. its in the mall by the river. its easy to find once oyu know where to look.
try again is the hard one to find. because its tucked under a mall in a corner. its on the same block as dragon city mall. just on the other side of it. if you go to dragon city mall main entrance and just walk towards center street bridge, turn right at the lights walk bout half way up the street. and start looking to your right at the glass and you'll find it.

dino_martini
05-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
dessert house is right off the center street bridge. try again is basement of the scotia center or w/e a block down from dessert house.

dessert house is a left turn off of center street bridge. its in the mall by the river. its easy to find once oyu know where to look.
try again is the hard one to find. because its tucked under a mall in a corner. its on the same block as dragon city mall. just on the other side of it. if you go to dragon city mall main entrance and just walk towards center street bridge, turn right at the lights walk bout half way up the street. and start looking to your right at the glass and you'll find it.

:thumbsup:

sdiep
04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier
2 tables spoons of sugar

2 table spoons of coffee mate

2 table spoons of flavored powder or some liquid.

some hot water to disolve the powder and coffeemate.

add ice (enough to fill one of those to go cups) blend and ur good.

What is the coffee mate for, just flavoring?

Redlyne_mr2
04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by gp36912

they are moving locations to just right across the street where that bakey used to be under Sunny's vietnamese.

dj_rice
04-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by sdiep

What is the coffee mate for, just flavoring?

The coffeemate is to add creamyness

max_boost
05-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

they are moving locations to just right across the street where that bakey used to be under Sunny's vietnamese. It's going to be 3X the size of the old place to accommodate more people. Owners are on vacation in Asia right now. Can't wait to go back for some Green Apple Green Tea!! :drool:

sdiep
05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
The coffeemate is to add creamyness

Hum, do you know if that is what most BBT places do? I think I'm going to get some coffeemate...

dj_rice
05-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by sdiep

Hum, do you know if that is what most BBT places do? I think I'm going to get some coffeemate...

My guess is BBT places prolly use milk

dragonone
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
they use powdered milk
they try to use mostly ingredients that won't go bad

sdiep
05-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I've noticed that Bubblemania uses moreso syrups rather than fresh fruits. Or, that was the case prior to their renovations, and I have not gone back since. Either way, they end up making them so yummy. I wonder how...

pf0sh0
05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Good find! No more paying 5$ for a bbtea

winterkiss
05-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks Sdiep! You should come and check us out now that reno's are done.

We will be bringing in more choices for Fresh Fruit Juices since Summer has pretty much arrived (though stubbornly).

Fyi, all of our syrups are made from the actual fruit and in fact, that fruit juice is usually listed as the first or second ingredient in the syrup which is great b/c ingredients are listed from most to least. So although you ordered a blueberry slush and not a fresh blueberry juice, there is real blueberry juice (and blueberries) in your slush :thumbsup: