PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 **Possible Spoilers**

spyce
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
So I saw the 12:01 showing at Chinook last night. Pretty tired for work today ahaha.

I thought the movie was definitely worth the $12. Whether you want to wait in line to get decent seats is up to you. The movie has a nice blend of action and 'slow' parts. Looking back at it though, it does seem like theres a lack of character development compared to the previous movies. I think this probably has to with Raimi being forced to put Venom in this film. However, he does a nice job with what he was given and ties it all together in the end.

Now about Venom. He doesnt show up until about the last quarter of the movie or so. But the spotlight really does turn to him at the end. I thought the CG was amazing. Not just for Venom but for Sandman also. And for those who worried about Topher Grace's role as Venom, those fears can be casted away. He was absolutely perfect for the role (read that he gained 20lbs in muscle for the film). And Raimi also did an excellent job creating the look of Venom on screen. Venom's time on screen is worth the ticket price alone

Overall I thought it was very well made. Some would say the second film was better and some will say this one was better (probably due to Venom's appearance) but I thought it was good that it doesnt have that 'trilogy curse'

Anyways. I give it a 8.5/10!

:thumbsup:

SkittleFreak
05-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I saw the sneak screening on wednesday as a birthday gift

I loved the movie

Not enough carnage though

is there going to be spider man 4?

RickDaTuner
05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I saw it last night as well and thought that things were a bit rushed in this film, they could have easily taken the plot from this one film and made two out of it, but yeah the movie was worth the money.

It to bad Calgary doesn't have DLP theaters otherwise it would have been a sweet ass watch

Daxin
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SkittleFreak
is there going to be spider man 4?

In an interview with Toby, he said he would not do another sequel if Raimi was not the director.

crazedmodder
05-04-2007, 10:31 PM
:thumbsdow
:bullshit:

Symbiot spiderman is an emo? Even with 20 extra pounds of muscle "Brock" still looks and sounds like a pussy, plus one second he's venom with a new voice, another he's eric forman with a vagina voice. Not to mention that gay american flag shit and the little remorse bit at the end, so much more pissed me off and I don't even remember anything from the original spiderman :dunno: I hated it, I would've probably liked it if I watched it thinking it was a comedy.

Flamesuit on. . .

Pee_Sack
05-04-2007, 10:46 PM
im with this guy ^^ emo spider man ruined it for me

I was waiting for some AFI to start playing and peter parker to start cutting his wrists.

Anytime he had the black suit on he flipped his hair infront of his face and has eyeliner on.

WTF

Idratherbsidewayz
05-05-2007, 07:58 AM
I agree about the emo spiderman. And the whole dance scene, I thought somebody had just popped that in as a huge joke. Although, maybe thats as evil as Tobey Macguire gets. Hes kind of a babyface...

Also a couple other things. I don't remember how they made sandman die in the comics, but I think they made him waaaay too powerful in the movie.

Harry's snowboard and attire were kind of gay and not really Green Goblinish. When he was looking at the 3 masks, he should have picked the 2nd one.

I thought they did Venom really well. Topher Grace suited the role perfectly. Eddie Brock is a bit of a whiner with lots of power when hes venom.

The american flag part was ridiculous. And right after they panned over the crowd and there were firemen and poliecemen in the crowd. LAME.

Overall I thought it was entertaining though. It definitely does not take itself too seriously.

EK 2.0
05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I am biased as I am a HUGE Spidey fan. And I liked the movie as a Spider-Man flick. But having said that??...When did Parker turn in to Jared Leto??...like WTFBBQ?!?!

Mary Jane HOT as usual...I knew that Harry was gonna do everything he did before going into the movie...gut feeling I guess.

All in all...yeah I would watch it again...and yes I am gonna buy it on DVD when it's released...

I give it...

3 webs out of 5 for Movie

5 webs out of 5 for Effects

2 webs out of 5 for Storyline...For a total of 10 webs out of 15...which EK gives...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Euro///Tuned
05-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I am biased as I am a HUGE Spidey fan. And I liked the movie as a Spider-Man flick. But having said that??...When did Parker turn in to Jared Leto??...like WTFBBQ?!?!

Mary Jane HOT as usual...I knew that Harry was gonna do everything he did before going into the movie...gut feeling I guess.

All in all...yeah I would watch it again...and yes I am gonna buy it on DVD when it's released...

I give it...

3 webs out of 5 for Movie

5 webs out of 5 for Effects

2 webs out of 5 for Storyline...For a total of 10 webs out of 15...which EK gives...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Right after you made the comment in bold I basically stopped reading the rest of your gibberish.

What a horrible movie. They totally wrecked what they had going.

al-ti2d
05-06-2007, 02:49 PM
the movie sucked in my opinion. I went in expecting way too much out of it and got so very little.
the dance scene was just ridiculous and could have been replaced with an extra 5 min. of seeing venom on screen.
emo peter parker was just a sad sad thing to watch... whenever he went emo with the sidebangs, the entire theatre would burst out laughing. it didn't really feel like i was watching a spiderman movie.
also, where the fuck was his spider-sense powers?! its like peter parker lost that ability in this movie or something.
and I have to disagree with EK 2.0.. IMO, Kirsten Dunst was a horrible choice to play the part of Mary Jane. She's just not hot...

Did anyone stay behind to watch the ending credits? Did they have anything added in after the credits, X-3 styles?

Masta Dz17
05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
i'm watching it right now and i can't stand how he turns into an emo whenever the suit comes out

/////AMG
05-06-2007, 03:17 PM
:thumbsdow Ok movie, didnt expect that little. I was getting bored with the emo crap, waste of time.
I dunno, I was expecting way more action.

Audio_Rookie
05-06-2007, 06:52 PM
just watched it.

It sucked in my opinion. Mary Jane turned into a little bitch half way through. Emo spiderman sucked, cheezy ending.

Worst spiderman ever.

spider sense was there when he dodged that orange bomb and webbed it back to harry.

HybridTheory
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I thought it was all right, but not worth the amount of time that I had to wait in the theater for it to start. I thought that Topher Grace did a good job as Venom, although I still found it hard to not picture him in his usual Eric Foreman role. I thought that the dancing scenes with emo Peter Parker were hilarious. But ya, this movie was way too hyped up, not enough for me to walk out of the theater thinking that it was amazing.

b_t
05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
just watched it.

It sucked in my opinion. Mary Jane turned into a little bitch half way through. Emo spiderman sucked, cheezy ending.

Worst spiderman ever.

spider sense was there when he dodged that orange bomb and webbed it back to harry.

I agree. It is not that great come to think of it. Totally missable, in fact. Reflects poorly on the whole Spider Man series.

The high point was Bruce Campbell's cameo.

max_boost
05-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Can we expect to see Dr. Connor aka Lizard in Spiderman 4?:D

funkedelic
05-07-2007, 01:56 AM
that movie licked balls, toby is a fag and the whole jazz club thing? I forgot i was watching spider man for a second.

it didn't follow the comic book, and it was just dumb, esspecially harry helping spider man at the end, and everything being all sappy. It was a waste of time and i can't believe i lined up for that shit.

fcukda
05-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Can we expect to see Dr. Connor aka Lizard in Spiderman 4?:D

dr. connor/ lizard plus spiderman mutating into that monster would make for a good spiderman 4.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Spidey sense was definetely lacking... I heard 12 year old girls asking where it was at the end of the movie... Could of done without the emo spidey... I liked the black suit, but anytime without the suit he just looked sad... Overall I loved the movie... Kirsten was hot as long as she wasn't in the damn waitress outfit... "Brock's" girlfriend was damn hot though... And I didn't mind Topher as Venom at all, I think he pulled it off pretty well... He actually kind of reminded me of Toby like Venom reminds you of Spiderman... Oh yea quick question... I didn't follow the cartoons/comics too closely... how does Venom get spider powers if Brock doesn't have spidey powers?

Overall though, I loved the movie, and would definitely watch it again.

black13
05-07-2007, 02:47 AM
They introduced the symbiot terribly. The actual story behind it was that JJ's son who was the astronaut in Spiderman 2 is supposed to bring back this symbiot from his trip to the moon and then it latches onto spidey but they despite having the perfect setup to that, they ignored it completely and didnt really explain how Peter found out how to take it off himself.

Venon's face was good, but his body still needed work with a more so simple black texture with moving, liquid type symbiot running through his body all the time.

I thought the club scene was a little irrational but nothing that bad.

Some real nice witty humor in there though and I liked how Harry's story ended too.

8/10 for me.

97IntegraRS
05-07-2007, 02:48 AM
I was kind of hoping venom would be bigger

Xtrema
05-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Worst of all 3. I understand it's probably the last one so they want to bring Venom out for the fans but seems to do it for the wrong reason.

Problems I had with 3:

1) Emo parker is funny but gay. The homage to Saturday Night Fever seems out of place.

2) Venom is too small and Topher is in full Eric Foreman mode, not intense at all.

3) The contradicting personality of Sandman. He didn't want to kill for money, but he sort of did. He wants to kill Spider-Man and almost did but just walk away in the end, like WTF? I think the writers can't come up with a way to kill the Sandman either. So he just flew off.

4) Kristen should not be allowed to sing in movies, EVER. MJ got fired for a reason....... And MJ is not just ugly, but slutty too in 3.

5) I knew why Harry is on hoverboard and not full Goblin gear. They just don't want a Goblin come back as a hero.

6) American Flag. Yes, the 1st Spiderman is after 9-11, we understand it. But 6 years later, the flag do more harm than good. Pure cheese.

In the end, I think they should cut out the Sandman story. Focus more on Venom and Symbiot and Eddie Brock.

Overall, this movie isn't worth the $250M price tag. For me 2 > 1 >>>>> 3. And I think the franchise as it was is done. If another Spider-Man comes back, it'll be all new actors and directors.

spyce
05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by black13
They introduced the symbiot terribly. The actual story behind it was that JJ's son who was the astronaut in Spiderman 2 is supposed to bring back this symbiot from his trip to the moon and then it latches onto spidey but they despite having the perfect setup to that, they ignored it completely and didnt really explain how Peter found out how to take it off himself.

Venon's face was good, but his body still needed work with a more so simple black texture with moving, liquid type symbiot running through his body all the time.

I thought the club scene was a little irrational but nothing that bad.

Some real nice witty humor in there though and I liked how Harry's story ended too.

8/10 for me.

*nerd post*

actually the real story behind it is that he got it during the 'secret wars' in the comic books. his suit got damaged and he got a 'new' one from one of the machines. probably wouldnt have been suited for the movie :nut:
what you are talking about is what happened in the cartoon show. granted, if they had focused on venom for one movie alone, i think they could have incorporated the cartoon version of it better. just not enough time to fit everything all in this one movie
and spiderman realized that the symbiote gets weakend by loud/vibrating sound when all those pipes drop in the construction zone. and then he has the flashback to the bell tower scene

*end nerd post*

viff3r
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by b_t

The high point was Bruce Campbell's cameo.
WTF I totally missed that, haha. Who was he?

edit - nevermind I found it. hahaha. How did I not know that was him?? One of the funnier parts of the movie.

Xtrema
05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by viff3r

WTF I totally missed that, haha. Who was he?

edit - nevermind I found it. hahaha. How did I not know that was him?? One of the funnier parts of the movie.

I'm watching this in Montreal, so there're very few chuckles when they make fun of French.

LuxCars
05-07-2007, 11:52 AM
:eek: :eek:
148million dollar opening weekend and it just keeps coming

(biggest opening since pirates of the carribean dead mans chest)
heard it on something..cant remember where

msommers
05-07-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm glad I saw the movie, but not glad I saw it. Between emo Peter Parker, the dancing down the street, the jazz dance scene, and the amount of MALE crying in this movie, it rates as probably the gayest movie I have ever watched. People started leaving early, like 30 minutes early...at the end of the movie I sort of envy them.

- Eddie Brock should have had a bigger person for the role
- Didn't venom come back from an astronaut, not a meteor
- Symbiot spiderman could have been done 100 times better than it was
- They should have known 3 characters in one movie was a stupid move

I literally can't even count how many people I heard around me saying "wow that's f*cking gay"...no freakin kidding. Worst let down in a long time. I still think the main cast are good for the roles they have been given, but it seems like a new person directed this movie, I'm leaning towards a female.

HybridTheory
05-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Problems I had with 3:
4) Kristen should not be allowed to sing in movies, EVER. MJ got fired for a reason....... And MJ is not just ugly, but slutty too in 3.

:werd: She just made me more annoyed in this movie than the first 2. I don't like her as MJ at all. :thumbsdow

403Gemini
05-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by spyce

*nerd post*

actually the real story behind it is that he got it during the 'secret wars' in the comic books. his suit got damaged and he got a 'new' one from one of the machines. probably wouldnt have been suited for the movie :nut:
what you are talking about is what happened in the cartoon show. granted, if they had focused on venom for one movie alone, i think they could have incorporated the cartoon version of it better. just not enough time to fit everything all in this one movie
and spiderman realized that the symbiote gets weakend by loud/vibrating sound when all those pipes drop in the construction zone. and then he has the flashback to the bell tower scene

*end nerd post*

haha if you didnt say it, i was going too ;)

Originally posted by al-ti2d
the movie sucked in my opinion. I went in expecting way too much out of it and got so very little.
the dance scene was just ridiculous and could have been replaced with an extra 5 min. of seeing venom on screen.
emo peter parker was just a sad sad thing to watch... whenever he went emo with the sidebangs, the entire theatre would burst out laughing. it didn't really feel like i was watching a spiderman movie.
also, where the fuck was his spider-sense powers?! its like peter parker lost that ability in this movie or something.
and I have to disagree with EK 2.0.. IMO, Kirsten Dunst was a horrible choice to play the part of Mary Jane. She's just not hot...

Did anyone stay behind to watch the ending credits? Did they have anything added in after the credits, X-3 styles?

and i would agree, kirsten dunst just flat out looks like she has downs syndrome with her whole lazy eye deal.

Xtrema
05-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I literally can't even count how many people I heard around me saying "wow that's f*cking gay"...no freakin kidding. Worst let down in a long time. I still think the main cast are good for the roles they have been given, but it seems like a new person directed this movie, I'm leaning towards a female.

Raimi's direction works well for the first 2. Balanced the emotion and super hero stuff very well.

But Venom needs to be BAD ass. A 7ft 300lb badness. All the bad stuff are wussy stuff probably the required G rating.

It should have shown a black spiderman tear a criminal limb by limb like an animal. Flushing sandman down a toilet, yelling @ landlord, telling on co-worker ain't bad ass. I do 2/3 of those every day!

Kamen
05-07-2007, 02:20 PM
You flush sand down the toilet and tattle on co-workers everyday? :rofl: jks

403Gemini
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Raimi's direction works well for the first 2. Balanced the emotion and super hero stuff very well.

But Venom needs to be BAD ass. A 7ft 300lb badness. All the bad stuff are wussy stuff probably the required G rating.

It should have shown a black spiderman tear a criminal limb by limb like an animal. Flushing sandman down a toilet, yelling @ landlord, telling on co-worker ain't bad ass. I do 2/3 of those every day!

you name your poo? :confused:

codetrap
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars
:eek: :eek:
148million dollar opening weekend and it just keeps coming

(biggest opening since pirates of the carribean dead mans chest)
heard it on something..cant remember where

<rant>

I really have to doubt the whole "biggest movie evaar" based on the $$ ticket sales. I'd rather see a number based on the number of tickets sold, irrespective of the price of a ticket. After all, theatres just keep jacking up the price over and over, so it's not too hard to say "yeah! Dogs and Cats had higher box office revenue than the original release of Star Wars! Dogs and Cats RULZ!"

</rant>

As to the movie... well.. I thought it was ok, but it definately lost points in that my wife was crying at the end... any movie that turns into a tearjerking chick flick when it's supposed to be a balls to the wall action.... respect -1.

403Gemini
05-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

&lt;rant&gt;

I really have to doubt the whole &quot;biggest movie evaar&quot; based on the $$ ticket sales. I'd rather see a number based on the number of tickets sold, irrespective of the price of a ticket. After all, theatres just keep jacking up the price over and over, so it's not too hard to say &quot;yeah! Dogs and Cats had higher box office revenue than the original release of Star Wars! Dogs and Cats RULZ!&quot;

&lt;/rant&gt;

As to the movie... well.. I thought it was ok, but it definately lost points in that my wife was crying at the end... any movie that turns into a tearjerking chick flick when it's supposed to be a balls to the wall action.... respect -1.

My girlfriend cried at the end of 300 and i dont think that took away from the awesomeness of it all lol

Xtrema
05-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

So Spidey 3 will be the next Titanic? :D

LuxCars
05-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Finally just saw it tonight. Im pretty pleased with the movie, the only thing that really through me off balance was the whole emo theme from black spidey, didnt see that coming at all.

Redlyne_mr2
05-10-2007, 02:06 AM
The 1st 2 were terrible I dont know why any of you thought the 3rd would be any different.

sexualbanana
05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Anyone else notice the incredible amount of hot extras in crowd scenes?

soupey
05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Next was a better movie.

urbannomad
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
WTF was with the fingerpointing. your an "emo" for fucks sake...be depressed. :dunno:

it was ok i guess, but the fingerpointing was pointless.

no one does that shit, not even nerds
:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
05-15-2007, 12:35 AM
when i mess up my hair, my personality changes too!:devil:

sexualbanana
05-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad
WTF was with the fingerpointing. your an &quot;emo&quot; for fucks sake...be depressed. :dunno:

He's not depressed, he's just more aggressive. The only thing really emo about him was his hair (which really, emo is used to describe everything these days).

The goo shit made him more aggressive, not more depressed/emo.

403Gemini
05-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

He's not depressed, he's just more aggressive. The only thing really emo about him was his hair (which really, emo is used to describe everything these days).

The goo shit made him more aggressive, not more depressed/emo.

complaining about everything being emo sounds pretty emo to me ;) haha

treg50
05-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Luckily I wasn't one of the people who made this an opening night record breaker but unfortunately it still raked in tonnes of money on opening night which it shouldn't have --- Spiderman 3 is the worst of the 3 movies.

Seeing Venom for what seemed like 5-10 minutes (and then he gets vaporized) was SUPER CRAP!! We see frigging 'Spiderman(Parker)' more singing and dancing than we see Venom it seemed. The Sandman character seems quite stupidly done. Not even the cute Kirsten Dunst could save Spiderman 3 for me.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

R!zz0
05-21-2007, 09:48 AM
After reading the reviews on here, i don't know if i should go see it or wait till it comes out on satelite :dunno: