PDA

View Full Version : suprat wont start

supra star
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
ok, ok, my ma70 only starts sometimes whats the deal its getting fuel . and y the heck are my spark plugs covered in oil...:dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2007, 10:33 AM
You may want to get a compression test to help determine where the oil is coming from.

supra star
05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
what about it not starting

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by supra star
what about it not starting

Probably because your spark plugs are covered in oil. I think you need to find a mechanic. Could be rings or valve seals. If only some of the cylinders have bad plugs it could be the rings, if their all bad, could be the valve seal. Maybe other people have some other ideas too.

Annoyingrob
05-04-2007, 09:07 PM
it's obviously a BHG :)

seriously, it probably is. Do a compression test.

ca18det240sx
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
ok, are the plugs themselves covered in oil, or is it the electrodes that stick inside the engine that are covered in oil?

EK 2.0
05-05-2007, 01:14 AM
When you hear hoofbeats think Horses...NOT Zebras.

Before we tell homie its a BHG, which it likely COULD be...There are TONS of reasons as to why a car may not start.

Make sure there is fuel, make sure there is spark...if those are present...are you getting compression??...if not...its it perhaps a skipped or broken timing belt??...Maybe it is the blow H/G...

Or maybe...your spark plug seals are so waorn that oil is being pumped onto the plugs fouling them and casuing your no start:dunno:

BenC
05-05-2007, 10:30 PM
oh supras...bhg is my guess

Annoyingrob
05-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
When you hear hoofbeats think Horses...NOT Zebras.

Before we tell homie its a BHG, which it likely COULD be...There are TONS of reasons as to why a car may not start.

Make sure there is fuel, make sure there is spark...if those are present...are you getting compression??...if not...its it perhaps a skipped or broken timing belt??...Maybe it is the blow H/G...

Or maybe...your spark plug seals are so waorn that oil is being pumped onto the plugs fouling them and casuing your no start:dunno:

It's possible, but on a 7M, a blown head gasket is by far the most common problem. He should really do a compression test to rule it in or out though.