PDA

View Full Version : Trimline Calgary - Bad Experience

Mar
05-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I called to have some decals made and basically got left with my thumb up my ass. Here's the basics of the phone conversation. Not altered in any way to make them look evil, just what I honestly remember from it.

woman - so you'll have to bring in the decal to see if we can do it, we don't give quotes over the phone.
me - that's cool, I have a copy of it on the internet if you want to see it that way.
woman - ya, so we can let you know either way if it can be done....alright?
me - ya.......so......do you want the address?
woman - for what?
me - the decal?
woman - I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're saying, you'll have to bring it in so we can see if we can do it.
me - I'm telling you I have a copy of it on the internet, what's the difference if I bring it in or you look at it that way?
woman - We don't do that for people, we've never done that. Did you want to email it?
me - I guess......if you don't want to look at it.
woman - Well it sounds like what you're saying is you got a copy of it off the internet somewhere and you have it in your hand, just bring it down to us.
me - No, I'm saying I uploaded it to my server and it's viewable on the internet.

So I realize she's just not going to get it and I don't want to be rude to her for just not getting it. So I emailed it.

I just called to see what the price would be on getting a decal made. I tried to give the woman I was talking to a web address so she could get the graphic off the net instead of me bringing it in. She didn't seem to be playing with a full deck so now I am emailing the address. It is www.em2ab.com/em2ab.pdf. She was trying to convince me you don't have time to right click and save pictures but it only takes 3 seconds. Anyway, I'm looking for solid colours, but some in all red, some in all silver, maybe white too. And about 50 or 100, just looking for a price, thanks.

And here's the reply I receive.

Please take your snotty attitude somewhere else.

What a bunch of babies. It's obvious whoever is answering the phones has no concept of the internet or electronic transfers. I thought I explained it pretty clear which is why I was getting upset. This is a starter for many many orders to come and I can say I won't be using them ever.

JRSC00LUDE
05-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Haha, probably emailed it to the same no-brain you talked to on the phone.

You should send them a thank you card in the mail to show your appreciation for their support of the work-ed programs for the mentally "challenged".

Mckenzie
05-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Haha, probably emailed it to the same no-brain you talked to on the phone.

You should send them a thank you card in the mail to show your appreciation for their support of the work-ed programs for the mentally "challenged".

:rofl: :rofl:

Good one...thats funny. What a bunch of tools...:dunno:

teggypimp95
05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah i talked to that bitch the other day on the phone about getting 3m done. She is unless. And yes they can do it from the internet. My bud had a decel done on his car there, and he gave them a website of where the decal was, they found it, and then cut it out of vynal.

spyce
05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
3M Trimline right?
Was that lady's name Darlene by any chance?

They did a bad job on my clearbra last summer as it started to peel after a week or so. They refused to redo it and would 'cut it back'. So fine whatever..they cut off about an inch or so on each side of the bumber. A couple weeks later it was peeling again. Then I was given an excuse that Lexus must use some super strong detailer because thats why the 3M film wouldnt stick. HHHMM...could it be they just did a crap ass job of using their wax/detailer remover and prepping the car initially before putting the 3M on? :rolleyes:

Regardless I will never go back there to have anything done. Same goes with a couple of my friends who had to put up with my ranting last summer. :whipped:

jdmXSI
05-04-2007, 03:54 PM
WOW!:eek: remind me to never go there!

dj_rice
05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry for referring you to them ...I personally have never used them I just know about them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A790
05-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I called to have some decals made and basically got left with my thumb up my ass. Here's the basics of the phone conversation. Not altered in any way to make them look evil, just what I honestly remember from it.

So I realize she's just not going to get it and I don't want to be rude to her for just not getting it. So I emailed it.

And here's the reply I receive.

What a bunch of babies. It's obvious whoever is answering the phones has no concept of the internet or electronic transfers. I thought I explained it pretty clear which is why I was getting upset. This is a starter for many many orders to come and I can say I won't be using them ever.

Fuck that man, if I read that e-mail I'd have told you to fuck off too. People have this god mentality because they're customers... good for you, there's lots of other game in town.

She obviously wanted you to go in for a reason, but you kept pushing for her to quote over the internet/phone. A lot of sales is face to face.

So yea, take your fucking snotty attitude elsewhere. I'm sure if some kid was treating you like a dumbass you'd have said the same thing.

</rant>

adidas
05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by A790

Fuck that man, if I read that e-mail I'd have told you to fuck off too. People have this god mentality because they're customers... good for you, there's lots of other game in town.

She obviously wanted you to go in for a reason, but you kept pushing for her to quote over the internet/phone. A lot of sales is face to face.

So yea, take your fucking snotty attitude elsewhere. I'm sure if some kid was treating you like a dumbass you'd have said the same thing.

&lt;/rant&gt;

I dont understand where you see that this is a "face to face" sale. She isnt trying to sell anything and he just wanted a quote to see how much it would be to make 50 decals.

Its not like he called Future Shop about a tv they were selling and the Sales Rep was telling him to come in so he can pressure him into buying it(since it couldnt be done over the phone).

I feel what the OP has done was totally fine. Just for the heck of it, once you find a company that can make you decals go and stick one on Trimline's door. :thumbsup:

creeper
05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Should probably have someone who can handle the basics of the internet dealing with the customers.

Fucking whore.

The Cosworth
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I would have been pissed just because you said this

She didn't seem to be playing with a full deck so now I am emailing the address.
most likely she gets the emails too

smontyLS1
05-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Whether she read the email or her boss or whatever. I wouldn't have wanted your business. I'm glad her co-worker stuck up for her. So she doesn't use the net, that means shes not playing with a full deck? to the point where you need to make that comment to a co-worker of hers? You should've asked to speak to someone else.... politely. Where are your manners man? What does everyone owe you? Sorry to blow it outta proportion but working at land rover we get snooty people in all the time. It's annoying and uncalled for.

tjtd00
05-04-2007, 06:08 PM
^^^totally agree....I've dealt with Darlene on numerous occasions weather it be for my tint and 3m work or travel plans as she runs Chestermere travel out of that store also...nothing but friendly and very helpful...I suspect that the op thinks that no one working the counter has better things to do than quote out decals all day long...cut some slack..

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2007, 06:09 PM
LOL @ "shes not playing with a full deck of cards"

Mixalot27
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
When you get your decals made somewhere else, also get one made up that says, "Not Playing with a Full Deck" and send it her as a present. :rofl:

Your probably lucky they refused the job anyway. After all, if they think you are an asshole they might not care about doing such a good job for you. In the future it might be a smart idea not to insult someone before you do business with them. Kind of like how its not smart to insult your waiter before you get your food cause you don't know what might end up in it.

JRSC00LUDE
05-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Yeah i talked to that bitch the other day on the phone about getting 3m done. She is unless.

She is unless what?

Mar
05-04-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, go there if you like. But I called twice, and twice she talked to me like I was a moron. It's obvious I wasn't being rude on the phone and she still made no effort to help.

A790
05-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, go there if you like. But I called twice, and twice she talked to me like I was a moron. It's obvious I wasn't being rude on the phone and she still made no effort to help.

Whatever man. From what you said she was coming off inept, not talking to you like you were a moron. YOU started with the trash talk, not her.

I've dealt with them a dozen times, and each time the service was great and the product was equally as greatn.

~Leah~
05-05-2007, 07:38 AM
You know what? From someone who has to deal with people all day long in a situation like this, sometimes, they just can't do it over the phone or net. They may have made an exception for someone at one time but it's not common practice. How hard would it have been to just go there like she asked? There's obviously a reason she has to ask a customer to do that. I can't stand people either who think the world owe them a favour when they are talking to someone in Customer Service.

From my point of view, or the way I operate, if someone is going to bitch at me cuz they want something done a certain way, I'll stand my ground and say no, no no no no. Every single time. If they're really nice and understanding, and explain why they want things a certain way, and do it with the utmost RESPECT, then I'm going to see if I can make an exception, which I end up doing 95% of the time. Don't be a dick.

Edit: Oh! And then they tell me they're going to tell everyone they know about their awful experience and post it online and in the newspaper just like you did. And you know what I do? I laugh. Because you make yourself look like a dick to even more people.

D. Dub
05-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Done Write Printing

([email protected])

natejj
05-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Did you honestly think insulting their employees would help you in anyway? seirously.

GTS Jeff
05-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Haha this totally backfired on Mar. Dude tries to give a company bad feedback, then finds out from everyone that he was being a rude monkey. :rofl:

Si_FlyGuy
05-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

From my point of view, or the way I operate, if someone is going to bitch at me cuz they want something done a certain way, I'll stand my ground and say no, no no no no. Every single time. If they're really nice and understanding, and explain why they want things a certain way, and do it with the utmost RESPECT, then I'm going to see if I can make an exception, which I end up doing 95% of the time. Don't be a dick.

Edit: Oh! And then they tell me they're going to tell everyone they know about their awful experience and post it online and in the newspaper just like you did. And you know what I do? I laugh. Because you make yourself look like a dick to even more people.

:werd: Rather than clear out the confusion what the OP meant by "address", he assumed that a receptionist can read his mind. :thumbsdow for not having some patience and common courtesy. What a jackass.

Orbie
05-05-2007, 11:21 AM
It's definitely not hard to see, at least Mar was honest with what he said instead of making it sound like he was an angel. Now after saying that, from what I read, it definitely seemed like Mar was being the rude one in this situation. I still don't understand why you didn't just e-mail her the picture of the decal? It would have taken you all of 3 second to attach the image. Instead you send them the URL just to save yourself the extra time? If you can't see how your e-mail was rude and snotty then we can't help you man, you could have taken out all that stuff where you're basically ridiculing her and it would have gotten your point across fine.

I've dealt with these guys before as well over tint, and the experience was nothing but positive.

The Cosworth
05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Orbie
It's definitely not hard to see, at least Mar was honest with what he said instead of making it sound like he was an angel. .....

true that, i guess he does deserve credit there, unlike some people on here :thumbsup:

2.4l
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
The daughter at trimline is a fuckin smokeshow, i would go back there to get decals made just for that reason....
SMOKESHOW 10/10:drool: :bigpimp:

403Gemini
05-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Was it difficult for you to email to her directly? I notice your link is a pdf, so no, you didnt have a link directly to the photo itself. Perhaps her computer isnt installed with adobe acrobat.

I also know tons of businesses who refuse emails / websites because of all of the viruses floating around.
:rolleyes:

TomcoPDR
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l
The daughter at trimline is a fuckin smokeshow, i would go back there to get decals made just for that reason....
SMOKESHOW 10/10:drool: :bigpimp:

Is that Amanda? She was really nice to me when I spoke with her couple months ago :thumbsup: (needed some questions answered over the phone and she was really helpful; didn't know there was a pretty face with that sweet voice... call me if you want your dents popped :bigpimp: )

And the guy that use to run their 58th Ave SE location was awesome-ly professional too (had tint and graphics done); he's got his own graphics shop now, can't remember name tho sorry.

Justing
05-05-2007, 04:26 PM
yea i still dont see waht they did wrong here.
Maybe they just dont do quotes over the phone. It's pretty hard to sell something over the phone, especially if you're just price shopping. What's the point? If they don't have the best prices in town, they are just wasting there time.
I would have told you the same thing, take your business elsewhere. They dont owe you anything.

It's not bad customer service when your not even a customer:rolleyes:

reno97637
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Trimline Calgary - 1
Mar - 0

bennyhanna
05-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Trimline Calgary - 1
Mar - 0

hahaha
This thread is the BEST

Mar
05-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I think everyone is missing the point. Most people make posts here to convince someone not to go somewhere because they're pissed off at the service. I'm telling you what happened and you can do what you want with it. Everyone thinks I want you to take sides. Not the case.

Anyway, I couldn't attach it in an email because the only access to my email that I have is my Blackberry and I wasn't about to upload it to my phone. So I sent the link from there.

A790
05-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I think everyone is missing the point. Most people make posts here to convince someone not to go somewhere because they're pissed off at the service. I'm telling you what happened and you can do what you want with it. Everyone thinks I want you to take sides. Not the case.

Anyway, I couldn't attach it in an email because the only access to my email that I have is my Blackberry and I wasn't about to upload it to my phone. So I sent the link from there.

I don't think people are taking sides here. I'm pretty sure the majority of the people are calling you a dick.

Just so you know.

rbau493
05-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Mar

So you act like a snot nosed kid and you didnt get what you wanted so you bitch about it and expect us to feel for you.
:dunno:

Umm ok. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the real world, one in which does not revolve around you. You treat people like shit, would you expect to honestly be treated differently?

max_boost
05-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Justing
yea i still dont see waht they did wrong here.
Maybe they just dont do quotes over the phone. It's pretty hard to sell something over the phone, especially if you're just price shopping. What's the point? If they don't have the best prices in town, they are just wasting there time.
I would have told you the same thing, take your business elsewhere. They dont owe you anything.

It's not bad customer service when your not even a customer:rolleyes:

:werd::werd: :werd:

hollywood_35
05-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by A790

I agree with this buddy. Not to mention by the way you worded it "I'll give you the adress to the decal" makes it sound like you have it at a house and you expect them to come pick it up. I don't blame her for being like that. :thumbsdow to you for being a whiney bitch

hollywood_35
05-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I bet the decals said "civic nation" too :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

IScarecroW300
05-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Although I dont agree with the way the OP handled the situation I still would not touch 3M trimline. They're a bunch of rude assholes, as well as the owner. I got my tinting done there from when I first got the car brand new. They did a horrible job. They left tinting scrapes in the car, they left a bunch of water in the door handles in the interior, and the job overall wasnt the greatest either. I talked to some guy there and he was an ass. I told him about the water and tint inside the car and he said "so what, its only water". Im pretty sure they screwed up my backseat leather but they wouldnt admit to it. Its now rippled in a spot like someone left a wet towel or spounge on it. Then when I asked to talk to the owner, he was an ass as well. They basically told me they have the best tinting guy in the country and they If I wanted to a better job, I should go to another place. To to summerize, I will never use them again.

Shadow Tinting FTW.

gatorade
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Sounds like you were the one being a dick, the link is also in pdf which you are assuming the lady knew how to use and had it installed on her computer. If she didn't were you gonna go make her download it and install it too?

eb0i
05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
What kind of reaction did you expect with that kind of email:rofl:

Perhaps you should take a course on how to write at a proper business email.