PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Job Suggestions

anarchy
05-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys,
I currently have a fulltime job (M-F, 8:30-5) downtown, but I'm looking for some secondary income.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some places that would hire just for a weekend basis or something for a few hours in the evenings? And something with decent pay that is worth my time (aka. not a $8/hr mall retail job).

I've had some friends suggest delivering food but I don't think I would enjoy that.

Any help would be great, thanks!

WWJAI
05-05-2007, 10:07 PM
You arn't suppose to enjoy weekend jobs.

Try grocery stores or car rental places. Their paying $10+.

JordanAndrew
05-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Ever consider a serving job? That pays on average anywhere from $14-$25 after tips per hour.

anarchy
05-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Haha true but I didn't mean "enjoy" as in have fun, but rather I'd prefer not to be driving around all night delivering food. I get rather sleepy in the car lol!

I have thought of serving but I really despise the food industry (that's what happens when you've worked in the kitchen).

Do most places require you work 20 hours a week or would two 8 hour shifts on Saturday/Sunday be fine?

JordanAndrew
05-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I think two 8 hour shifts on sat and sun would be fine, it frees up their other employees so they can have some weekends off.

I think if you open up your availability to fri sat and sun you'd easily get hired. Do it soon before college students fills up the positions as they've just finished their semesters.

anarchy
05-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Hmm thanks Jordan