PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Traffic Defense number?

DC328is
05-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Hi, i got a major speeding ticket on glenmore at the bottom of the bridge under mcloud trail right before it says max speed 80 kph.

I think he was shooting a radar in his cop truck. and he came after me and turned on his cherrys... but does he actually have evidence to support my speeding? can I use this in court to defend myself?

I need the number to a reputable traffic defense dudes ASAP.
thank you in advance.

ercchry
05-07-2007, 02:30 AM
what color is the ticket?

and i have found it better to just go in by yourself to fight it and you can extend the ticket for at least 6 months easy if you need time for old tickets to clear up or anything

Team_Mclaren
05-07-2007, 02:30 AM
i dont understand what you are asking aside form looking for a traffic defense lawyers number

what 'evidence' do you need? what does it say on the ticket? what is checked off?

DC328is
05-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Yellow violation ticket.

traffic safety act speeding.
I have a court date. the cop said i was speeding too much and was unable to give me a "voluntary payment option"

i was just seeing if its worth it to go talk to those ticket figher guys.

thanks

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-07-2007, 02:35 AM
That's weird... if he's unable to give a payment option, it should be a pink ticket... how fast did he say you were going in the 80?

DC328is
05-07-2007, 02:36 AM
it was construction zone there.

ercchry
05-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by DC328is
Yellow violation ticket.

traffic safety act speeding.
I have a court date. the cop said i was speeding too much and was unable to give me a "voluntary payment option"

i was just seeing if its worth it to go talk to those ticket figher guys.

thanks

no it isnt worth it, and he is full of shit if you have a yellow ticket you were not speeding too much, if it was pink then yeah thats not fun. the pink is for anything over 50+ over limit and he could tow your car if he wants and you must show up for court

DC328is
05-07-2007, 02:37 AM
mines yellow. hmmm what can i do with this yellow ticket?

The cop said when I speak with the judge, he may take away my liscence for 30 days or something. and that i should go to rocky view plaza to negotiate or something.

thanks

ercchry
05-07-2007, 02:38 AM

i did 75 km over.

yeah im stupid. but now i have to deal with it.

oh well then you are fucked i would call some one for that and you are not going to have your licence after that trial date, but it should have been a pink ticket

ercchry
05-07-2007, 02:40 AM
mines yellow. hmmm what can i do with this yellow ticket?

The cop said when I speak with the judge, he may take away my liscence for 30 days or something. and that i should go to rocky view plaza to negotiate or something.

thanks

well you might as well go and speak with a justice of the peace and see what they can do for you and if you dont like it then you dont have to take the offer and can go to trial

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-07-2007, 02:47 AM
So you were 75 over... 50? or 75 over 80?... 125 or 155?

ercchry
05-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
So you were 75 over... 50? or 75 over 80?... 125 or 155?

more like 150 over since he was in a construction zone :eek:
at least thats how the fine will work

Kritafo
05-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Are you talking about Points or one of those numbers?

Ogpogo
05-07-2007, 07:16 AM

i did 75 km over.

yeah im stupid. but now i have to deal with it.

I know this goes without saying, but how fucking moronic. Just cause you're giving yourself pity and say that "now [you] have to deal with it" doesnt make it okay. If I hadve seen you going by me in a construction zone at 100 +, I wouldve pulled you over myself - especially for putting my golden ass and others in absolute danger because you and your old 328 dont hit up the track.

[/bitching]

kaput
05-07-2007, 09:35 AM

CI_Josh
05-07-2007, 09:36 AM
You were going 75kph OVER the posted speed limit in a construction zone? You sir, do not deserve to have a drivers license. End of story.

+1 for the ban. :whipped:

zoik
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
damn 75km/h over. you need to learn where you can or can't speed. glenmore construction is a spot you shouldn't be speeding, they're all over that place.

go to rocky mountain plaza and go to points and talk to someone there. it's going to cost you, but the consultation is free.

orangefreddie
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Guardian Ticket Services... They got me out of a bind...

I used a guy named Dennis. :thumbsup:

DC328is
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by orangefreddie
Guardian Ticket Services... They got me out of a bind...

I used a guy named Dennis. :thumbsup:

thank you.

all you guys do is talk crap. when u are in need of help and asking a local forum for advice, youde expect the same kind of answer as orangefreddie.

2 words for most of the kids on this forum. jack asses.
and no i was not driving my 328. so keep your mouth shut ogpogo.

Ogpogo
05-07-2007, 11:24 AM

minivan maybe?

orangefreddie
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM

thank you.

all you guys do is talk crap. when u are in need of help and asking a local forum for advice, youde expect the same kind of answer as orangefreddie.

PM me if they work out for you. I'd be interested to track their success rate, although, I think it's already pretty good.

teggypimp95
05-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah with those tickets you have no choice. Doesent matter if its pink or yellow, i know guys who have gotten the same ticket on yellow. Pretty much it boils down to you and the cop in court, and the judge will decide how much is fair for you to pay, and if you should even be able to keep your licence. Expect your insurance to sky rocket.

PS. and they will be extra hard on you due to contruction zone, and also fines DOUBLE in contruction zones.

CI_Josh
05-07-2007, 11:43 AM
It doesn't matter if you were driving your 328 or a rikshaw... You still shouldn't be doing faster then 51kph in the glenmore construction zone. Its common sense. Drive the speed limit its not only your life you are putting at risk. If you wanna 'let er rip' go to the track or some abandoned road in the middle of nowhere.

fcukda
05-07-2007, 12:10 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/175406/how-to-beat-a-traffic-ticket/

88CRX
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM

You posted on a car forum that you were doing 75km/h over in a construction zone in on the most highly patrolled streets/areas in calgary.

What did you expect?

SlowLude
05-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd be gunning it too if I were near the end of the constuction zone in the middle of the night (maybe not as much). But if he's mistaken the end of the construction zone, where the limit is 80, it's 45km/hrs over. Not THAT big of a deal and I bet a lot of unsuspecting people got tagged as well at that time of night.

Ogpogo
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by SlowLude
I'd be gunning it too if I were near the end of the constuction zone in the middle of the night (maybe not as much). But if he's mistaken the end of the construction zone, where the limit is 80, it's 45km/hrs over. Not THAT big of a deal and I bet a lot of unsuspecting people got tagged as well at that time of night.

What does "it being at night" have to do with anything?

Euro_Trash
05-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Ogpogo

Thats when them fast cars come out

Euro_Trash
05-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SlowLude

Dude, not THAT big of a deal... 45 over is still fast, especially in a construction zone.

SlowLude
05-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, its well known that people are more likely to speed at night then during the day. Even you, Ogpogo, would be more likely to speed at 2am than 2pm. Don't tell me you've never done a 100 in an 80 zone before during the night. Also construction workers are less likely to be onsite at 2am. If they were working, I'd assume that the area would be well lit, causing motorists to slow down. So what does being at night have to do with anything, apparently a lot... night and day difference. I'm not saying you should be speeding at any time, just answering your question.

Originally posted by Ogpogo

DayGlow
05-07-2007, 03:06 PM
20 over and 75 over are slightly different.

Hope the guy looses his license. Way too many jackasses on the road today.

Impreza
05-07-2007, 03:10 PM
So were you going 75km/hr over 50? or was it over 80?

As in, were you driving 125km/kr or 155km/hr??

DC328is
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Mods close thread please. This forum is full of jack asses. especially dayglow.

Ogpogo
05-08-2007, 07:08 AM

You don't have to get all dramatic about it. If you don't like the forum, simply GTFO.

topmade
05-08-2007, 07:37 AM

You should be nice to DayGlow because he knows his shit and I agree with him.

Euro_Trash
05-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow
20 over and 75 over are slightly different.

Hope the guy loses his license. Way too many jackasses on the road today.

:werd: Exactly why car enthusiasts have such a bad name... loud cars going too fast

Tik-Tok
05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
It's always a laugh when someone does something REALLY dumb, gets a ticket, then expects people here not to rag on him about it.

Like WTF? It's beyond for christ sake. Are you here to brag about driving 75 km/h over the speedlimit? It would have saved you a lot of time to just pick up the frickin' phonebook and call a traffic lawyer.

Now you just look like an douche.

DC328is
05-08-2007, 11:31 AM
cause beyond is full of little kids like yourself.

my mistake for posting some help on this forum.

Euro_Trash
05-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure everyone here is getting the impression that you are a little kid, or at least act like one when you are behind the wheel

DC328is
05-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Pretty sure everyone here is getting the impression that you are a little kid, or at least act like one when you are behind the wheel

and you didnt know people ages 21 and up speed?
so what your saying is people of all ages, including 21 and up are little kids because they speed behind the wheel. lol.

i'm done arguing with you kids.

Euro_Trash
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm saying if you think it's alright to go 75 over in a construction zone, you deserve to get treated like a little kid

/thread

DayGlow
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM

oh boo fucking hoo. Time to pull up your panties and take responsibility of your actions. Probably a foreign concept, but don't worry, the courts will help you with this.

If you think flying up that road 75 over the limit is fine, you have no business on the road. Just the other night I was driving up Blackfoot and around a bend I was confronted with a person on a bicycle coming headon in my lane. I was able to avoid him because I was going 80km/hr and was able to react in time. Going at 155, or 125 I wouldn't have been able to.

There are hazards on every road and every day people face the consiquences of their actions. Until you grow up and figure this out I'm happy the courts will do it for you.

l8braker
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

oh boo fucking hoo. Time to pull up your panties and take responsibility of your actions. Probably a foreign concept, but don't worry, the courts will help you with this.

If you think flying up that road 75 over the limit is fine, you have no business on the road. Just the other night I was driving up Blackfoot and around a bend I was confronted with a person on a bicycle coming headon in my lane. I was able to avoid him because I was going 80km/hr and was able to react in time. Going at 155, or 125 I wouldn't have been able to.

There are hazards on every road and every day people face the consiquences of their actions. Until you grow up and figure this out I'm happy the courts will do it for you.

haha.

:closed:

Fire_chickin
05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
42 comments and only one person actually gave the guy what he asked for. Next time someone needs a number to get out of a jam you may as well not post. Just pm orangefreddie and save yourself reading a shitload of sanctimonious rants.

Annoyingrob
05-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Let me give you some advice: Cops patrol that construction zone 24 hours a day because of people like you. They've been doing it for the last few years ever since they started construction. Slow the fuck down.

Lexxan
05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't see anything wrong with 80 over? pussies.