PDA

View Full Version : Pot hole on West bound Crowchild by Stoney. ITS BACK!!!!!

j0nblayz
05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
was driving last night pretty dark outside, was on west bound crowchild by stoney, can't remember if it was before or after stoney, but on the right lane i hit a HUGE pot hole. dented both of driver side rims. Im usually real careful with pot holes, but this one came out of no where. Does anyone remember if it was before or after stoney? happened when i was driving to my sisters, i wanted to stop by on the way home to take pics, but the traffic was too bad to stop and take pics. Anyone know which pot hole i'm talking about?

JamesV888
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah, it is before stoney trail. coming out of the construction zone from nose hill. I hit it too on my left wheel but luckily i was going slow(below 50KM) and I got forged rims to counter dent rims problems.

best is to stay on the left lane but if you have to be on the right, you can go a bit more to the right and avoid that hole.

j0nblayz
05-07-2007, 02:12 PM
i was going below 50 too.. im always careful on construction zones.. k perfect gonna go take pics of the pot hole

TurboMedic
05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
was this in the end of the construction? Or was it that sinkhole around the manhole closer to the stoney tr turnoff lane?

j0nblayz
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
not sure what it was, to be honest i dont remember exactly where it was, and i didn;t even see it, just felt the pothole, just that it was huge enough that i bottomed out..

toomuchb00st
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
god damn city streets. i was driving last night and all of a sudden i notice one of the cities road signs that implicates there is a bump in the road ahead. well first off the bump was not a bump it was a huge hole and it was not ahead it was right there! god damn bump bent the lip of one of my rims. piece of shit city streets. im contemplating whether i should just roll around on stealies all 4 seasons, not worth putting expensive rims on your car in this city.

Euro_Trash
05-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Go check out the pot holes in Edmonton!

JamesV888
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by j0nblayz
not sure what it was, to be honest i dont remember exactly where it was, and i didn;t even see it, just felt the pothole, just that it was huge enough that i bottomed out..

I have modified suspension and I can feel every bump on the street. I memorized every bad pothole that i come across. I know that on the right lane where crowfoot mall exit onto crowchild is bad when you are going westbound. After the barrier(right at the end of barrier), thats the big ass pothole.

CSMRX7
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I hit this one too, luckily I think I escaped without any damage, but it would be very easy to bend a rim with a hole like that

Lex350
05-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I hit that one once...no damage thank god. For all the work they do on interchanges the pot holes are out of control right now.

Proyecto2000
05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
sorry for the thread hijack but i went "into" the huge pot hole @ Sundridge mall on friday while it was raining. after my complaint and claim report, they set up the nice orange cones on friday afternoon.

if the owner of a white RSX that pointed out my broken fog light happens to be on beyond please shot me a PM, im the guy with the silver Infiniti......

lilmira
05-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Right hand lane after Crowfoot exit to Crowchild west, right at the end of the left hand jog, it is on the left hand side of the lane. Stay as far right as possible like someone mentioned already, or use the left hand lane. It became worse since last thursday probably from the rain. I am a bit surprised that the city hasn't put up a sign yet.

That stretch of detour Crowchild is pretty bad, new pot holes emerge once awhile. Be careful!

schocker
05-07-2007, 10:49 PM
i found a nice pothole on john laurie going towards mcknight. had one of those little red squared signs next to it, there was a car next to me and it looked small so i had to drive over the edge of it, and wow it might not have been large but it was deep.

kevie88
05-07-2007, 10:52 PM
dammit why couldn't I have seen this post earlier? I was riding my wife's R6 home tonight and NAILED this fucker.. I bent the front rim all to shit, killed the front tire and actually broke the upper fairing bracket!! :eek: Not to mention I absolutely mashed my nuts into the tank.. ow.

I can't believe I didn't go down.

toomuchb00st
05-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
dammit why couldn't I have seen this post earlier? I was riding my wife's R6 home tonight and NAILED this fucker.. I bent the front rim all to shit, killed the front tire and actually broke the upper fairing bracket!! :eek: Not to mention I absolutely mashed my nuts into the tank.. ow.

now that right there is a bitch. sorry to hear that man.

inline6turbo
05-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by toomuchb00st

now that right there is a bitch. sorry to hear that man.

x2

im glad you didnt bail that woulda sucked...:eek:

Isaiah
05-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I actually hit that sucker too. I take that route to work every day. I was positive there would be damage due to the force of the impact but somehow the tire and rim miraculously escaped unscathed.

Benny
05-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by schocker
i found a nice pothole on john laurie going towards mcknight. had one of those little red squared signs next to it, there was a car next to me and it looked small so i had to drive over the edge of it, and wow it might not have been large but it was deep.

I know this one (assuming it's the one right before McKnight). I hit that bitch hard enough that my A&W cup jumped out of the cupholder and all the change in my front console went flying all over the place. Doesn't look like there was any significant damage to my rim, luckily.

The roads are all fucked up on Crowchild between Nose Hill Drive and Stoney Trail. All that construction they're doing down there has messed up all those roads.

kaput
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM

Isaiah
05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
The one which is the subject of this thread was being repaired this morning at 10:00 when I drove by it.

schocker
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Benny

I know this one (assuming it's the one right before McKnight). I hit that bitch hard enough that my A&W cup jumped out of the cupholder and all the change in my front console went flying all over the place. Doesn't look like there was any significant damage to my rim, luckily.

yup, thats it. Advance warning would be quite nice, but i guess not, just out of nowhere, the super deep pothole.

damn, i think about hitting it in a car, but i hadnt though about hitting one of those on a bike:nut:

lilmira
05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
The city just put up a bumpy road sign,

after they patched the holes. Gotta love the government.

Stephen81
05-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Right hand lane (i use the word lane but if you drive the road often you'll understand there isn't really a clear distinction between the right and left lane) of Crowfoot Crescent, heading south right before the BMW dealership.

Wouldn't call it a pothole, more like a ridiculously deep dip in the pavement about 4-5 feet wide. There's no missing this one. I didn't notice it until it was too late...do yourself a favor and stay in the left (side? haha) of the lane.

benyl
06-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Fucking pot hole is back!

I fucking hate the city of Calgary right now.

The worst part is that you can't even see it because of the rain!

The results:

http://www.benyl.com/Beyond/pothole/IMG_0184.jpg
http://www.benyl.com/Beyond/pothole/IMG_0183.jpg

xrayvsn
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
^^^Damn, that sucks! Looks like you'll need a new rim. Cheap disposable Rotas FTW.

benyl
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
oh the irony. It is the only one of my rotas that doesn't have curb rash... hahahahhaa

90accord
06-17-2007, 05:47 PM
i think you can get them fixed when they are bent. a friend of mine got his rims fixed after hitting a pothole.:thumbsup:

kevie88
06-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Yep.. it's a huge fucker now. I was going to make another thread about it. Luckily now I drive only in the left lane thru there now!! haha

I watched a guy in an Escalade on 24's hammer the pothole tonight, then get pulled over and get a speeding ticket as there was a cop around the bend and he was speeding.. talk about adding insult to injury! :rofl:

Jay911
06-18-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm always in the left lane going thru that area as I more often than not want to turn SB on Stoney, so I'm blissfully unaware of the hole you folks are talking about. However, there's a section of the road on the left edge of the left lane just before the curve that leads to the left turn lane, where the road surface is dropping away.. I always wonder if it'll drop and send me into the center 'ditch' :eek:

FiveFreshFish
06-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by benyl
The results:
Ow, shitty luck.

bignerd
06-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Has anybody called the city to complain yet or to demand a new wheel? Sounds like a matter of personal safety, especially the bikes... if someone was hurt couldn't you sue?

j0nblayz
06-18-2007, 08:42 AM
i just ended up buying new rims. couple years ago my rim got bent pretty bad from a unleveled road, the road was like___/""""
so i called city of calgary and the guy i talked to was pretty rude, he said he drove over it everyday to work, and he's smart enough to slow down to 30. I was like yeah ok, i never seen it before how was i suppose to slow down without knowing. He told me i should drive more carefully next time. Couple days after they put up a bump ahead sign. After that i dont even try to call them anymore.

bspot
06-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Yep.. it's a huge fucker now. I was going to make another thread about it. Luckily now I drive only in the left lane thru there now!! haha

I watched a guy in an Escalade on 24's hammer the pothole tonight, then get pulled over and get a speeding ticket as there was a cop around the bend and he was speeding.. talk about adding insult to injury! :rofl:

I drove past there a couple times yesterday and couldn't believe there was radar there too, I was thinking how much it would suck to get the ticket/bent rim combo... especially a 24... haha.

That thing is HUGE right now though, and you have no warning at all. I got really lucky to miss it. I hit it last time it was around and it made horrible noises, but I was amazed I suffered no damage.

Benyl, call the city. I've heard of them footing rim repair bills before. I think with a hole that size it fairly obvious that it's their fault on this one.

Thaco
06-18-2007, 12:17 PM
If it's that bad, everybody call 311 and tell them about it, if they have a certain amount of complaints they have to deal with it

benyl
06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Called them.

Tik-Tok
06-18-2007, 01:20 PM
It's just like the pothole near my house on Fairmount drive. They've filled it 3 times now, and it's back again, each time it gets wider too.

How about the city find out WHY it keeps coming back, and maybe dig a little so they can properly fill in the sinkhole.

rinny
06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I FUCKING HIT THIS TODAY

benyl
06-18-2007, 02:59 PM
It was filled at 1pm when I drove by today.

finboy
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
call 3-1-1 for all your city of calgary complaints, being a former city worker, i know how important 311 complaints are. usually w/i 3 days whatever problem it is (depending on how severe obviously) will be fixed. pain in the ass for city workers, but good for everyone else.

benyl
06-18-2007, 05:01 PM
haha, way to pass the buck.

The City says that it Lafarge's problem.

bignerd
06-19-2007, 01:35 AM
^^^Call LaFarge and ask for new wheels, see what they say.

Probably call the city haha.

rinny
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Good news- after people calling yesterday the whole was patched last night. Everything was fine this morning!

Thaco
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by finboy
call 3-1-1 for all your city of calgary complaints, being a former city worker, i know how important 311 complaints are. usually w/i 3 days whatever problem it is (depending on how severe obviously) will be fixed. pain in the ass for city workers, but good for everyone else.

i dont know about that, there's a big pothole at 12th and mcknight in the NE and i complained over a month ago and its still there. I think it depends on the number of complaints.

bighead2267
06-19-2007, 06:43 PM
there is a freaking huge one on country hill east bound close to super store too.
luckly i'm running 4 Steel

lilmira
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
There is a crater on the 14th Street u-turn detour onto Glenmore East.

Why don't we rename the thread to Calgary pot holes?

finboy
06-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

i dont know about that, there's a big pothole at 12th and mcknight in the NE and i complained over a month ago and its still there. I think it depends on the number of complaints.

leave your info for them to contact you? snag the operators name and call again, the city is really anal about responding to 311 calls usually but they could be backed up because of the recent floods.

Thaco
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by finboy

leave your info for them to contact you? snag the operators name and call again, the city is really anal about responding to 311 calls usually but they could be backed up because of the recent floods. i reported it long before the floods.