PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid Legal Services Inc.

jay42w8
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
anybody ever heard of them or worked for them? their stock has doubled in a year and is selling around at 60 bucks a share...not too sure on the details of their sales commission structure, one of my neighbors does it...he just showed me the sales dvd so far...looks quite interesting...basically the rate in Calgary is 26 bucks a month, and a subscriber gets unlimited access to legal services in their network of lawyers, same price for individuals and businesses

Masked Bandit
05-08-2007, 07:09 PM
MLM.....

Run the program past a real lawyer and watch them laugh.

Try something else. It's a very hard product to push if your potential client can do basic math and has any common sense.

A790
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
MLM.....

Try something else. It's a very hard product to push if your potential client can do basic math and has any common sense.

Definately a MLM, though I disagree with their product quality.

I don't use them, though I have a friend that's a member. He's used them several times to send letters to his landlord, have things notarized, etc.

A good deal I think, though they will try to get more subsribers out of you.

Weapon_R
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
If you read carefully what they do for you for that fee, it becomes a pretty shitty deal. They may write a letter here and there, or make a phone call but you cannot use them for anything worthwhile. Anyone whose ever used a lawyer extensively will know that the $26/month won't even cover 10 minutes worth of work in the real world.

jay42w8
05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
MLM.....

HOW is it a MLM though? its meant to be for the average person who needs a lawyer or lawyer advice for minor things...not going on trial for murder lol...I think if anything, the lawyers are scared of this type of service...they don't want to lose their monopoly on all the stuff they supposedly do and charge exhorborant amounts of money to do when its simpler things...I haven't actually seen sales numbers yet for the States...but seeing their stock double to 60 bucks a share shows that it is indeed a company that is making big bucks and growing

Masked Bandit
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

HOW is it a MLM though? its meant to be for the average person who needs a lawyer or lawyer advice for minor things...not going on trial for murder lol...I think if anything, the lawyers are scared of this type of service...they don't want to lose their monopoly on all the stuff they supposedly do and charge exhorborant amounts of money to do when its simpler things...I haven't actually seen sales numbers yet for the States...but seeing their stock double to 60 bucks a share shows that it is indeed a company that is making big bucks and growing

I didn't say they weren't a profitable company....I just don't like their business model or distribution methods. They tried to get us to sell it through our insurance office and the "representative" that was trying to inform us of the legal world was little more than a warmed over 45 year old housewife who had no clue. Part of the pitch was that we make more money if we sign up more reps....that's where the MLM comes in.