PDA

View Full Version : Part Source Rant

Bushy
05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I just purchased a brand new vibe and wanted to get a hood deflector to protect the paint and winshield. I looked around and ended up getting it at Part Source on Macleod Trail, but they said it would be 5 days to get it in. 12 days later it still isnt here and I got a chip and crack in my winshield!!! I was choked. So I found another shop that has it in stock so I went to Part Source to get my money back, and they said no refunds. But they never said anything to me before about that, and on the recipt it says refunds or exchanges within 90 days. So i talked to the owner (asshole) who said he wasnt in control of the shippers, he didnt know how long it would be, NO REFUNDS! So I took off pissed off and now trying to figure out my next move.

So I wanted to let you all know out there I think this store is CRAP! You may save $5, but for me it definately wasnt worth it. Especially since now I have to go get this chip fixed. So stay away from Part Source on Macleod in south calgary.

...I feel a little better...but not much

Thaco
05-08-2007, 03:08 PM
maybe try their customer service line...

http://partsource.ca/tools/contact.asp

finboy
05-08-2007, 03:11 PM
it might be 90 day return on in-stock or regular stock items only, things like hood deflectors are special item and have to be bought from other companies :dunno:

teggypimp95
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah sounds like bs on no returns. And dude those hood reflectors dont do shit. The only way its going to save your paint or window is landing on the little 3 inches that it sits on your hood. Your best off with 3m. Looks better and works fantastic. Covers a much larger surface area. As for window chips, its calgary, its hard to avoid. BUt sorry to hear about your negitive experence.

JRSC00LUDE
05-08-2007, 03:23 PM
You think you got it bad, I got a 6 inch sub at quizno's and when I measured it back at the office it was only 4.75". They didn't offer a refund either.

Yes I am that petty, it's a f'in $7 sandwich.

dj_rice
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You think you got it bad, I got a 6 inch sub at quizno's and when I measured it back at the office it was only 4.75". They didn't offer a refund either.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Isaiah
05-08-2007, 04:21 PM

I feel your pain brother. At this point it seems that litigation may be your only recourse.

403Gemini
05-08-2007, 04:25 PM

haha is this post for real!!! haha classic!!!!!

5hift
05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Bushy
I just purchased a brand new vibe and wanted to get a hood deflector to protect the paint and winshield. I looked around and ended up getting it at Part Source on Macleod Trail, but they said it would be 5 days to get it in. 12 days later it still isnt here and I got a chip and crack in my winshield!!! I was choked. So I found another shop that has it in stock so I went to Part Source to get my money back, and they said no refunds. But they never said anything to me before about that, and on the recipt it says refunds or exchanges within 90 days. So i talked to the owner (asshole) who said he wasnt in control of the shippers, he didnt know how long it would be, NO REFUNDS! So I took off pissed off and now trying to figure out my next move.

So I wanted to let you all know out there I think this store is CRAP! You may save $5, but for me it definately wasnt worth it. Especially since now I have to go get this chip fixed. So stay away from Part Source on Macleod in south calgary.

...I feel a little better...but not much

Its not just the Macleod location thats fucked, at the 17th ave one, the salesguy was trying to convince me both the passenger and driver side window wipers were supposed to be the same size (I dont think a single car is like this).

If you paid via credit card, just cancel the payment.

On your reciept does it say anything about how long it will take? If you can prove they did not honor a promised availibility date for the deflector then you might be able to force them to refund. If you have no way of proving anything, and its your word against the owners and he wont budge, I would just go back in when it at its busiest time and loudly bring up the discussion of him taking your money but not meeting a promised date.

On a side note I think all this cost and stress is for nothing as these bug deflectors dont do shit and are just another way for them to take more of your money (hopefully you didnt spring for the underbody protection as well). Your best bet would be to forget even getting a deflector and try to get your money or at least some store credit back.

msouther
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
"You think you got it bad, I got a 6 inch sub at quizno's and when I measured it back at the office it was only 4.75". They didn't offer a refund either."

:rofl:

Now on a serious note, I would recommend the 3M paint protection as mentioned previously. I have had this on my last 2 cars and it does work really well and you don't even really notice it on your car. For the windshield, I am lucky (knock on wood) that I haven't gotten one on my new baby yet but it will happen eventually and best believe I will be pissed when it does. This is Calgary afterall.

Bushy
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Does anyone on here apply 3m? It is REALLY expensive from a shop isnt it?

ShOwOfF
05-08-2007, 05:56 PM

LMAO :rofl:

Eclipse_Spyder
05-23-2007, 10:53 AM
if you had bought stuff like that from partsource on 32nd you wouldnt have been dissapointed man i work there and we return shit like that most of the time cause we just warrenty it if anyone needs some stock parts i can hook you up to
680-6389 kam is my name

spyce
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM

I think this may be worth enough for me to have my first ever sig :rofl:

zieg
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Yeah sounds like bs on no returns. And dude those hood reflectors dont do shit. The only way its going to save your paint or window is landing on the little 3 inches that it sits on your hood. Your best off with 3m. Looks better and works fantastic. Covers a much larger surface area. As for window chips, its calgary, its hard to avoid. BUt sorry to hear about your negitive experence.

Well... actually, it's not just those 3 inches they protect. They're supposed to alter the airstream going over the hood so that rocks and bugs and crap get drflected upwards by the air coming off it, no?

teggypimp95
05-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Bushy
Does anyone on here apply 3m? It is REALLY expensive from a shop isnt it?

To just get your hood done would probably be in the area of 250-300 bucks.

To get your hood, mirrors and whole front bumper is around $700.

teggypimp95
05-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ZiG-87

Well... actually, it's not just those 3 inches they protect. They're supposed to alter the airstream going over the hood so that rocks and bugs and crap get drflected upwards by the air coming off it, no?

HUmm maybe? but i cant see an air stream stoping a rock coming off a trucks tire on deer foot? Might be good for bugs though? Either way i think there ugly.

toyota666
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
part source great when buying parts, i go to the one on 17 ave and 52 st Southeast.

they warranty their products, exchanges and refunds no questions asked aslong as its in their computer, and the owner is nice. i suggest you just go to another store.

GTS Jeff
05-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Part Source = Crappy Tire.
Part Source employees = don't know much about cars (they think they do) and they are usually fat and bearded.

hjr
05-23-2007, 08:55 PM
special orders are rarely ever refundable, but, try taking it back to another one somewhere else, or just take back the one you got from the body shop. its not like you really have to loose out in this situation

EG_Civic
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM
it is returnable.. but there will be a restocking fee which i assume he didnt tell you.. i think the restocking fee is like 20% or something like that

zieg
05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95

HUmm maybe? but i cant see an air stream stoping a rock coming off a trucks tire on deer foot? Might be good for bugs though? Either way i think there ugly.

Yeah, I had one on my explorer when I was driving back from BC. Actually, I got it out there because the bugs were so bad I was running out of ww fluid. Much better on the return trip.

.. Didn't notice rocks either way though.

Oh and about those 3M things.. My dad just got the whole front end done at stripetech for 350 or something. Pretty good deal. The only thing you have to remember about those is that they are reported to yellow (or mess with the paint or something?) over time. Gotta watch that..

clem24
05-24-2007, 11:20 AM
The deflectors do jack for your windshield. Rocks just sail over them and onto the window. But, they *do* save the front edge of your car. Cars that don't have them have tons of paint chips on the front edge and that leads to unsightly pits and rust later. So it's a great investment if you ask me.

The 3M stuff does yellow, especially if your car is light color (like white or silver). I personally don't trust that stuff on my car. I'd just put it on headlights and that's about it.

And for parts, try Mopac. Very nice guys and usually have prices that can beat Parts Source. For a deflector, I'd probably try the dealer or just order one off eBay.

Most if not all places usually don't allow returns for special orders. That's a given.

Euro_Trash
05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Car + Deflector = :barf:
They are alright for trucks or SUV's

teggypimp95
05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by clem24
The deflectors do jack for your windshield. Rocks just sail over them and onto the window. But, they *do* save the front edge of your car. Cars that don't have them have tons of paint chips on the front edge and that leads to unsightly pits and rust later. So it's a great investment if you ask me.

The 3M stuff does yellow, especially if your car is light color (like white or silver). I personally don't trust that stuff on my car. I'd just put it on headlights and that's about it.

And for parts, try Mopac. Very nice guys and usually have prices that can beat Parts Source. For a deflector, I'd probably try the dealer or just order one off eBay.

Most if not all places usually don't allow returns for special orders. That's a given.

I dont see the point of spending money to save the first 3 inches of my car? what the hell about the rest? And 3m does work awesome. I use to apply it when i was the head detailer at bmw. The older stuff like 5 years ago, does yellow. The new 3m out is garanteed not to yellow or discolor. Not to mention they are pretty much perfectly see through and unnoticable. My dad has it on his audi and it has already saved him from some pretty huge rocks.

I dont see the point of having the first 3 inches of your hood in good condition when #1 the rest of your front end will have rock chips, and also you have an ugly plastic thing covering the good paint anyway? Hood deflectors are crap and they were never that great to begin with. 3m is where its at now. Your paint stays perfect, and you still get to enjoy your front end becuase its perfect tranparent. I also wax my 3m for that little added protection. I dont even see how you can compare the 2? It may seem like alot of money now, but after a few calgary winters and your front end is still perfect, you will be happy you did.

finboy
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Part Source employees = don't know much about cars (they think they do)

BASTARD :banghead: :rofl:

Orbie
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
I would probably only recommend the 3M for lighter color cars, with the exception being white as it's very easy to see discoloration on those types of cars. There is a dark grey TSX with 3M on the front of his car in my condo garage and when it was new it was barely noticeable, now (1 year later) the 3M is grey/opaque looking and sticks out like a sore thumb even when the car is clean (when it's dirty it's painfully obvious on any car). On the flip side my brother also has it on his silver M35x and you can barely notice it at all when the car is clean and it's been 2 years. Doesn't matter though as he still has rock chips on his windshield and even just above the 3M on his hood, could look worse though I suppose.

GTS Jeff
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by finboy

BASTARD :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry man, but I get so damn pissed off every time I go in one of those stores. :rofl:

finboy
05-24-2007, 04:31 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry man, but I get so damn pissed off every time I go in one of those stores. :rofl:

understandable, some of my former co-workers really didn't know shit, but canadian tire and auto value are FAR worse. just for fun we would call them up and ask for things like...

-thermostat for a '64 air cooled vw bus
-spark plugs for a 98 dodge ram cummins
-apex seals for a 323
-head gasket for an rx7
-etc.

no matter how many times we tried, they kept looking for them :dunno:

Datsun-Fever
05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Part Source employees = don't know much about cars (they think they do) and they are usually fat and bearded.

Fuckin A