PDA

View Full Version : Hit & Run Drivers

3G
06-10-2003, 03:07 PM
wtfs up with people who hit your car and run...damn my friends 6 got hit and run yesterday, he's pretty pissed off, plus he doesn't have collision insurance...what can he do about it?? :banghead: :dunno:

Super_Geo
06-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Report it to the cops and bite the bullet. There's not much that can be done.

ryder_23
06-10-2003, 03:38 PM
He doesnt need collision insurance for it to be covered. If he has a decent theft plan, that usually covers hit n run/vandalism...i know i have that coverage, and i have no collision...wasnt his fault so insurance usually covers it

RC-Cola
06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
I had a hit and run at my work last year. I reported it to my insurrance company and to the cops. It was covered and I didn't have to pay a decutable.

There is a rider on everyone's insurrance that covers situations like this that the goverment setup years ago. If your hit and run or hit by someone with no insurrance the fund will cover the damages...

redline_13000
06-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Someone hit and run my truck, 3600 dollars worth :thumbsdow

redTalon
06-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Same happened to me right outside my house! Took out my front drivers side lights, crushed my bumper cover and crumpled my hood. Cops said "sorry bout your luck" and that was that. Most hit and runs are squashed by insurance companies

monkeyja
06-12-2003, 11:21 AM
I knew that there is another way that you can claim it by government. My friend told me before, you can find a lawyer to shoot the government (like city of calgary), I know there is some sucessful case. Also need to pay for the lawyer....I think.