PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with hookups at Canada post? Locally that is

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Im looking for someone who works or knows someone who works locally at C.P post office and can help me. I got an item sent to me COD (will arrive for pickup at the post office later today or tommorow), but something doesnt seem right here about the seller. Im having doubts that he even sent me the product, and maybe he sent me a empty box or god knows what. He is 100% on ebay, and I checked it, but still hmm...he just seems a little fishy.

So I want to be able to open the box to verify contents before paying the COD at the post office. I know thats not how COD works, but I know some people who have been able to get the post office to make exceptions, if they bring up with the post office that they think it could be a scam. PM me if you can help, will be picking up parcel tommorow or friday, or at least hoping to! What should I do in the worse case scenario, reject the parcel and have CP send it back to the seller?

EDIT: Im 90% sure this is a scam, the tracking # he sent me yesterday worked at first but doesnt work now. And the post office say tracking #s dont just go way like that. Hmm, very fishy....

Xaroxantu Zero
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM
You know... if you're so sure that it was a scam, you shouldn't have gone with it in the first place. Not only are you causing a lot of inconvenience, but also affecting both the employee's and company's image.

Think about it this way: You send a COD to someone, and the receiver gets the post office to let him/her check the contents before paying, but ends up stealing the contents then tells the post office to return the parcel to the sender. What will you do? You will obviously blame the post office and the employee. The employee might get fired, and less people will trust the post office.

I'm not saying that you'll do the same, but there is a reason why COD works the way it does.

Xtrema
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Get ready to go thru Ebay claim.

Or refuse the item when it arrives.

modded46
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd like to meet anyone that had ties into Canada Post as well cause someday i'd like to receive mail on the date that it was supposed to be delivered now when my mail bitch decides she's going to work the one day a week that she does.

And yes i've complained many times to the local post office as well as Canada Post in Ottawa.. They really couldn't care less that I get other people's mail on a regular basis which i'm sure translates into someone else getting my mail.

ugh

01RedDX
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Xtrema
05-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by modded46
And yes i've complained many times to the local post office as well as Canada Post in Ottawa.. They really couldn't care less that I get other people's mail on a regular basis which i'm sure translates into someone else getting my mail.

ugh

I get that all the time. They keep mixing us up with someone living in the same house number in Garden instead of Landing.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
You know... if you're so sure that it was a scam, you shouldn't have gone with it in the first place. Not only are you causing a lot of inconvenience, but also affecting both the employee's and company's image.

Think about it this way: You send a COD to someone, and the receiver gets the post office to let him/her check the contents before paying, but ends up stealing the contents then tells the post office to return the parcel to the sender. What will you do? You will obviously blame the post office and the employee. The employee might get fired, and less people will trust the post office.

I'm not saying that you'll do the same, but there is a reason why COD works the way it does.

I didnt get any suspicions until after we agreed on COD. Obviously had I gotten any early on, I would not have gone through with it. The first red flag was when he claimed he didnt even know COD express post came with a tracking number. Uhh, and yet this guy sells on ebay? lol im sure shipping is nothing new to him, I mean its common sense when shipping a $600 item. He insured it for $600 but no tracking #? wtf? You honestly cant tell me there is one single person out there that is dumb enough to believe that. Im sure it was a lie.

And I understand your point of view on the CP employees view.

ZMan2k2
05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
<<<< I work there, and you guys are hurting my feelings.:cry:

But seriously, I'll answer some of the problems that are here. First to the OP. Which retail outlet is it being shipped to? Some of them have some pretty cool people who would be willing to help out, but some have some pretty uptight people. Personally, if it were me, I'd go in with cash in hand ( very important to have the cash), and ask them if they can open it for you, and show you what's inside. This way, you can confirm that the product is there, and they are not liable for you stealing the contents and returning the parcel. With the cash available, they should have no problems doing that for you, as if it is what you paid for, the cash is right there, and everyone can get on with their day.

As for the other complaints about getting the wrong mail, yeah, happens all the time. IF you are getting someone's mail regularily, call the depot directly, and leave a message for the supervisors. The depot #'s are 974-22##. To know which depot is yours, look at a bill next time you get one. Here's an example. On my SHAW bill, across from my name, is the series "xx1400(e)". That means that the depot that covers my area is depot 14. if it's like "xx900" then your depot would be depot 9. Therefore the # for me is 974-2214 and for you would be 974-2209. Contacting the supervisor directly and giving them the information will get things done faster, as the more numbers you call, the farther from Calgary you actually get. If you call the #'s in the blue pages, you get sent to Winnepeg and so on. Personally, I hold the company responsible, because they are sending out people who have a grand total of 3 days training to go out and sort upwards of 2000 pieces of mail it 2 hours, on a route they've never seen before, and deliver it all in one day.

If you are getting the wrong mail, and you get your mail from a SuperBox, those bug ugly brown things you have to drive/walk to because they don't come to your house, those people aren't even real posties. They are contract workers who do the job for the lowest bid. I'm not even gonna get into them (:whipped: ), but calling the depot # will help deal with them as well.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; I work there, and you guys are hurting my feelings.:cry:

But seriously, I'll answer some of the problems that are here. First to the OP. Which retail outlet is it being shipped to? Some of them have some pretty cool people who would be willing to help out, but some have some pretty uptight people. Personally, if it were me, I'd go in with cash in hand ( very important to have the cash), and ask them if they can open it for you, and show you what's inside. This way, you can confirm that the product is there, and they are not liable for you stealing the contents and returning the parcel. With the cash available, they should have no problems doing that for you, as if it is what you paid for, the cash is right there, and everyone can get on with their day.

hey thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Well right now I cant even track the damn thing because the tracking # doesnt work. But its most likely sitting at the Country HIlls NW Shoppers drug mart P.O. since thats where ive had to get stuff. Ive always hated going there the main lady is a complete bitch. The last time I had to pick up something there, I had to spend 3hrs on the phone getting auth. since the sender spelt my first name wrong by one letter.

How would walking in with cash matter? I dont see the purpose of that.:dunno: Im sure they will let me open it, ya AFTER I pay for it lol. And if its not the right stuff inside, they wont give me the money back, ill have to go through the seller or claims or whatever. That is what I would like to avoid if I can (and obviously I can, its just the matter of how willing I am). Unless you can sweet talk someone there for me, I dont think im going to be able to peak inside without paying.

ZMan2k2
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
^^Ahh, the Country Hills outlet. Good luck.:rofl:

Seriously though. You may be able to get her to open it for you and show you what's in it. Explain the situation, and maybe she might help. The reason for the cash would be to show her that you have the money to pay, right here, and that if it's all good, then you'll hand over the money and she'll get on with her pityful little life. I know what you mean though. I've dealt with her a few times, and she can be a royal pain. I'm there to help her, and she's a bitch to me.

btw, which tracking # are you using? If you use the one on the card that was left for you, that may be easier. It should be on the website as a DNC or delivery notification card.

**edit** I just remembered. You may want to go in when it's not so busy. Right now, with Mother's Day coming, the outlet's are stupid busy. You're best bet is to wait until Friday evening. I doubt she'd be working, and one of the people there might be more willing to help out. Go after 6, the rush should have died by then.

GQBalla
05-09-2007, 09:26 PM
provide the link to the ebay auction?

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
^^Ahh, the Country Hills outlet. Good luck.:rofl:

Seriously though. You may be able to get her to open it for you and show you what's in it. Explain the situation, and maybe she might help. The reason for the cash would be to show her that you have the money to pay, right here, and that if it's all good, then you'll hand over the money and she'll get on with her pityful little life. I know what you mean though. I've dealt with her a few times, and she can be a royal pain. I'm there to help her, and she's a bitch to me.

btw, which tracking # are you using? If you use the one on the card that was left for you, that may be easier. It should be on the website as a DNC or delivery notification card.

**edit** I just remembered. You may want to go in when it's not so busy. Right now, with Mother's Day coming, the outlet's are stupid busy. You're best bet is to wait until Friday evening. I doubt she'd be working, and one of the people there might be more willing to help out. Go after 6, the rush should have died by then.

my only hope is to maybe get them to transfer the parcel to another post office for me to go to? i dont know if they do that or not but im willing to wait a day or two if thats possible just so i can open it.

I dont even know if its worth trying iwth her. Like I said last time i was there, I wasted my entire afternoon on the phone with H.O. trying to get them to convince this bitch to release the damn pkg to me. Finally she did:rolleyes:

Friday after 6 sounds good, but i dont think she works then since shes on in the days as one of the full time staff. Maybe i can go later that night and convince the dude working? I know theres usually younger people working late at night. hmmmm maybe you can talk to them for me?? Ill have to check the box tomrw to see if they even left me a slip.

ANother thing is, how many days does the parcel have to sit there before it gets sent back?

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok, Im just going to let the parcel sit there until it gets sent back to the sender. Im almost certain this is a scam, something just doesnt feel right. So its not worth the risk, ill just pay up the extra cash and buy the item new.

DepTrotter
05-10-2007, 08:27 AM
lol d00d havent you paid for the item through ebay already?

you're gonna get fucked.. they wont refund your money he sent the item and you refused to pick it up.. and if you get lucky and they DO refund your item, enjoy waiting 2 months :thumbsup:

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
lol d00d havent you paid for the item through ebay already?

you're gonna get fucked.. they wont refund your money he sent the item and you refused to pick it up.. and if you get lucky and they DO refund your item, enjoy waiting 2 months :thumbsup:

Uhh can you not read? COD! And no it wasnt bought on ebay, I just checked his feedback on there since he sells on ebay.

?????
05-10-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't see why they couldn't release your package if your name was different because as long as the address is the same it doesn't matter.
Which lady are you talking about? haha

dragonone
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
my problem with canadapost is that on a xpresspost or expedited shipment it can say:
item out for delivery
i wait at home until 6pm
next morning it says delivery card left blah blah
NO CARD downstairs, and i have to print off the info to grab it from the closest depot (i said closest because several times the depot hyperlink is not even in the tracking info)

this happened to me 3 times already

wtF did i pay for shipping if i have to go get it?

on a side note, why would UPS let my building manager sign for my shipments? its' 8-4 downstairs, and it's 8-4 for my job as well! no to mention she could tell me that no shipment came at all

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ?????
I don't see why they couldn't release your package if your name was different because as long as the address is the same it doesn't matter.
Which lady are you talking about? haha the lady is a complete butch. I said i could bring in my D.L. and even a bill to prove my identity and yet she wouldnt budge. So I had to talk to the head lady at the main depot in calgary and she talked to the other lady and finally they were able to budge, but it took a whole freakin afternoon to resolve this! Christ!

The reason why she wouldnt release the package is because she said I needed to bring in the slip that the driver would leave me. Well funny thing, the damn driver didnt even leave one in my box or door, nobody came. And I had to argue with her that i didnt get anything :rolleyes: And yet when she got in touch with the driver, she kept lying saying she did come to my door.:rolleyes: :thumbsdow. And its not like the driver can come back and leave another slip at my door, its against their policy in case someone finds the original one. It was complete bullshit what i went through that day.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by dragonone

wtF did i pay for shipping if i have to go get it?

Exactly! Every god damn time I get stuff send to me express post nobody ever shows up at my door because they are too damn lazy. If Im lucky i get a pick up slip in my box, sometimes they dont even bother coming! Absolute crap service, because i always have to go pick it up, which is the day after...so basically Im paying for 2 day delivered to the door, when its really 3 or 4 days pick up.

Puro, Fedex, DHL, UPS - never had a single problem with them ever. ALways to the door.

/////AMG
05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
This thread makes me love Royal Mail more and more. post here is unbelievably efficient.

QuasarCav
05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
This thread makes me love Royal Mail more and more. post here is unbelievably efficient.

Postman Pat and his black & white cat have an excellent record.

CI_Josh
05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Postman Pat and his black &amp; white cat have an excellent record.
:rofl: :nut: :rofl:

eur0
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Postman Pat and his black &amp; white cat have an excellent record.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat,
Postman Pat and his black and white cat,
Early in the morning, Just as day is dawning,
He picks up all the post bags in his van.

All the birds are singing, and the day is just beginning.
Pat feels he's a really happy man.

Everybody knows his bright red van,
All his friends will smile as he waves to greet them,
Maybe... You can never be sure,
There'll be knock...[knock knock] Ring [ring ring]
Letters through your door.

[Hee Hee]

All the birds are singing, and the day is just beginning.
Pat feels he's a really happy man.

Hmmm'ing tune till end..

oilerfan4lyfe
05-11-2007, 12:27 AM
The brown guys that work at the Mac's in Panatella are pretty cool - it's only like 3 minutes away from the Shoppers in Harvest too.