PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1972 Daimler (Jaguar) Vanden Plas Double Six

Curtis
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
This is probably one of the rarest cars ever imported to Canada, currently located in Saskatoon Sask.

The reason I am on beyond is Saskatchewan collectors are very few and far between.

Here we have a 1972 Daimler Vanden Plas Double Six (Jaguar)

Fully restore in 1988 and has been parked relatively untouched ever since (other than the odd time it has been fired up and gone over)

-Origin: England, UK. The vehicle is original right hand drive, and available to be lisenced in Saskatchewan (and alberta of course upon inspection like normal inter-provincial transfers)

-Engine: Original V12 Engine accented as original in a lot of matte finish black. Runs very well. Mated to an automatic transmission. (I believe its an original GM 350 or 400 tranny?)

-Mileage: I believe the ODO sits around 32,000 miles currently. It is unsure whether or not the car ever rolled over, but to be upfront, the car currently has this amount of use on it. Most of it was put on in England back in the early 70's

-Interior: Ivory Leather. All original and still as beautiful as the factory put it out. Original real wood dash finish (in great shape) and even an 8 track player ;). The glass is also good on the vehicle, as well as the chrome finish.

The story as I have researched it in the past is there were only a very limited amount of these vehicles produced.. I believe in the neighborhood of 140-190. The Daimler was the company (moreover affiliated with Jaguar) and the Vanden Plas Double Six two by two was the top of the line model. Usually afforded only by the wealthy. There is only believed (as per my last bit of research) to be 10 of these in the world still alive, and this is one of them.

The car is VERY similar to this http://www.jagclub.net/images/Daimler%20Double%20Six.jpg and is even the blue you see in the picture. I do have pictures and if somebody is interested, PM me and I will provide them to you with descriptions.

The car could be sold in a private auction or in the states for a very tidy sum, but the reason it is being sold now is we just do not want to go through the hassle. Our loss is definately your gain at
$25,000 CDN