PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new phone

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 08:54 PM
I bought the new Motorola V70 today (dark blue) at Wireless Wave. It just came out yesterday and was already sold out at two locations. I'm loving everything about the phone. It looks really cool when it is lit up however it is a little akward at first to get used to the rotating flip. My major complaint is that Roger's GSM sucks. I have no reception in my basement, and the places that I do have reception, the voice quality is fuzzy.

When I go back to Hong Kong I will change the faceplate to baby pink. Only dark blue is available in Canada.

Time for Rage2, #1 Motorola fan, to get one!

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/images/motorolav70.jpg

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 08:54 PM
another pic...
http://www.themobilerepublic.com/productimages/motorola/v70med.gif

Ben
07-23-2002, 08:56 PM
Damn Sweet!!!!!

Whoa!!!!
I have a beater V120, but when my contract is up, I'm forking out big ass coin for a NICE PHONE!!!

Redlyne_mr2
07-23-2002, 09:03 PM
do you want to sell your old one jackie???pm me

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Sure...I already sold my Nokia 8890 to CrxBoi today but I still have my Ericsson t68 with bluetooth (remote) headset for sale.
I am sending that one to Lethbridge for t68i software upgrades.

After the upgrade, you'll be able to attach a special Ericsson digital camera to it and view pictures instantly on the phone.

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:08 PM
This is the one I am selling: (In gold color)
http://store4.yimg.com/I/ustronics_1697_183904

max_boost
07-23-2002, 09:09 PM
SWEET Phone!

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:10 PM
And this is the headset I was talking about that can be used 10 meters away from the phone.

Sigh...I will miss all the cool ass Bluetooth features of the Ericsson but I like the looks and feel of the Motorola much better.
http://store4.yimg.com/I/ustronics_1692_146224

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:16 PM
And this is the t68i I was talking about. If you asked me, I think it looks like a Fisher Price phone rather than a high-end Ericsson phone. That's why I think it's better to have the gold colored t68 and just upgrade to the software of this phone.http://store4.yimg.com/I/ustronics_1694_107026

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:23 PM
And this is the diamond bezel I want for my new phone!! But it costs more than the phone :(

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_41590072a08c5540f200647eccad5f21/i-3.JPG

Redlyne_mr2
07-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
And this is the diamond bezel I want for my new phone!! But it costs more than the phone :(

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_41590072a08c5540f200647eccad5f21/i-3.JPG
very very nice...umm kenny ..i think she's talking to you

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:33 PM
Wireless Wave is selling this 3-pack of interchangeable bezels for $60. Is it ugly or should I get 'em too?

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/51/50771/motorola_v70_rings.jpg

Superesc
07-23-2002, 09:34 PM
hmm if you like expensive phone, try this:

http://www.vertu.com/

Redlyne_mr2
07-23-2002, 09:35 PM
go with them , they're simple yet elegant and you'll have a phone that goes with each and every outfit and jewellery combination:thumbsup:

RSeXy
07-23-2002, 09:47 PM
that's a crazy looking phone!

nice! haha..i'm still in the "fob" stage where i'm happy of my afro-ken hangy from the antenna thingy! haha :)

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
hmm if you like expensive phone, try this:

http://www.vertu.com/

haha cool! seems like my kinda accesories website! :D

Believe it or not I had a purple leather Gucci cellphone strap but the cheap thing broke after a month.

HRD2PLZ
07-23-2002, 10:07 PM
Sweet! They had those Motorola's out in Europe when I was there in June

Fluidic
07-23-2002, 10:14 PM
I bought the new Motorola V70 today (dark blue) at Wireless Wave. It just came out yesterday and was already sold out at two locations. I'm loving everything about the phone. It looks really cool when it is lit up however it is a little akward at first to get used to the rotating flip. My major complaint is that Roger's GSM sucks. I have no reception in my basement, and the places that I do have reception, the voice quality is fuzzy.

When I go back to Hong Kong I will change the faceplate to baby pink. Only dark blue is available in Canada.

http://www.fluidicdigital.com/www/misc%20images/IFS/blownaway.jpg

HAHAHAHA... no really... I am blown-away... that's a nice phone... what's the battery life like... any good?!

Oh what... that phone SO matches the inside of my Jetta and it's color scheme!!

BITCHIN!!!

Ekliptix
07-23-2002, 10:16 PM
that looks awsome. how much $$?

Stratus_Power
07-23-2002, 10:25 PM
damn that phone is soooo hot :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I want to get one myself too when i get back, but its a bit out of my price tag... 749.99 w/o contract or 499.99 w/ 3 yeears.. it 525 w/ Fido... yike ;P :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

boi-alien
07-23-2002, 10:30 PM
yea hahah that's a nice phone jackie!! now u gotta get..... somone *hint hint* to buy u them accessories!! hehe

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

HAHAHAHA... no really... I am blown-away... that's a nice phone... what's the battery life like... any good?!

Oh what... that phone SO matches the inside of my Jetta and it's color scheme!!

BITCHIN!!!

Yeah, you should so get one to match your car! Talk time is 2-3 hours. I'm not sure about standby time.

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
yea hahah that's a nice phone jackie!! now u gotta get..... somone *hint hint* to buy u them accessories!! hehe

Thanks for reminding me! Gotta go call my daddy...:D

Evan
07-23-2002, 10:34 PM
That phone looks too crazy for me. :thumbsup:

CRXguy
07-24-2002, 12:11 AM
damn I wanted the V70 it looks sweet!:thumbsup:

lammer
07-24-2002, 12:26 AM
im too poor for everything.

BigBanana
07-24-2002, 12:39 AM
nice phone jackie, nothing but the best for you hey ??
so where's mine ??
:p

BigBanana
07-24-2002, 12:39 AM
I'll be expecting a very nice present when you get back from hong Kong. :clap:

rage2
07-24-2002, 01:05 AM

I came --><-- that close to buying one last Friday. Even called kenny on it at the store (but the bastard was sleeping!). I ended up getting this cell phone :

http://www.telusmobility.com/images/pagegraphics/air_card_sm.gifhttp://www.compaq.com/Products/handhelds/pocketpc/images/3800front.jpg

I haven't tested it yet, but it's advertised to give me 14 hours of talk/internet time.

girlRACER
07-24-2002, 01:10 AM
that's......... a cellphone? how do you use it?

Ben
07-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I came --><-- that close to buying one last Friday. Even called kenny on it at the store (but the bastard was sleeping!). I ended up getting this cell phone :

http://www.telusmobility.com/images/pagegraphics/air_card_sm.gifhttp://www.compaq.com/Products/handhelds/pocketpc/images/3800front.jpg

I haven't tested it yet, but it's advertised to give me 14 hours of talk/internet time.

Saweeeeet!

What did that set you back if you dont mine me asking...

sexualbanana
07-24-2002, 01:26 AM
i wanted the v70 when i went to celluland to get my phone fixed. but the guy was like 'it's $850 for the phone itself' so i was like, 'um. . . . no.'

Stratus_Power
07-24-2002, 01:28 AM
i guess 1k on the PDA, 500 on the modem, and god knows how much for monthly ;P

lammer
07-24-2002, 01:39 AM
damn rich people..Must work hard in school!!

sexualbanana
07-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by lammer

or, 'must. . . deal. . . drugs. . .':rofl:

HyperPup
07-24-2002, 01:49 AM
that thing is the swiss army knife.. talk on the phone, browse the web, watch pr0n on it!! oh yea... get some work done too.

rage2
07-24-2002, 01:59 AM
hehe work paid for it so I can work on the road. I've got a Nintendo emulator on there too, so I can keep myself busy playing Super Mario Bros. I'm probably keeping my cell phone instead of using the PDA as a cell phone.

Ben
07-24-2002, 02:11 AM
"whats the retail on one of those?"

"More than you can afford pal...Compaq"

kenny
07-24-2002, 02:12 AM

School is crap, in this day and age, its what you learn on your own and people you know and at some offices how good you give head. Like a degree is going to make a difference, its all stuff drilled into your head by your guidance counsellor in junior high--don't buy that crap. :rofl:

Stratus_Power
07-24-2002, 02:17 AM
so i should just drop university and settle w/ a high school diploma? :dunno: :dunno:

Ben
07-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Uh oh...looks like we could be altering lives here Kenny...

Superesc
07-24-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by kenny

School is crap, in this day and age, its what you learn on your own and people you know and at some offices how good you give head. Like a degree is going to make a difference, its all stuff drilled into your head by your guidance counsellor in junior high--don't buy that crap. :rofl:

Very true, degrees are sprinkles on a resume, it may look big, but its not the primary deciding factor anymore. Personally I never got any formal training / education on the job I am at now (4 years now?). Its stuff I learn on my own. But then now that i have done the job for a few years, it won't hurt for me to study up again.

I think in today's work force its kinda backwards: WORK NOW, THEN FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED TO STUDY FOR. Its more practical and realistic.

rage2
07-24-2002, 02:27 AM
I didn't even finish high school. Took 1/2 a year off in my final year to work so I didn't finish with enough credits. Went to U of C (did you know you don't need a High School Diploma to get into University???) in the CPSC program. Learned old shit, spent 2 years there honing my Big 2 skills (I still got my ass kicked by ScCab, bastard!) before dropping out.

My mom still makes fun of me. She has my Jr. High Diploma (highest level of education completed) hanging on her wall at her house.

Ben
07-24-2002, 02:31 AM
I didn't even finish high school. Took 1/2 a year off in my final year to work so I didn't finish with enough credits. Went to U of C (did you know you don't need a High School Diploma to get into University???) in the CPSC program. Learned old shit, spent 2 years there honing my Big 2 skills (I still got my ass kicked by ScCab, bastard!) before dropping out.

My mom still makes fun of me. She has my Jr. High Diploma (highest level of education completed) hanging on her wall at her house.

Oh man, thats classic!

I think alot of lifes paths are Who you know, and a fair bit of luck...

Reminds me of a time I aced a Math Final, and the teacher was going over results, she came upon mine and wanted to make an example out of me relating amount of homework to the score I got. When she asked me how much I had studied and what I had done for homework, expecting me to solidify the myth that test scores are a direct corillation to doing all your homework and studying regularly, and I said "Actually I didn't study and never bothered doing my homework", she felt pretty dumb infront of the class...

James
07-24-2002, 02:35 AM

Yet, you still own several Slk's and a Porsche!:thumbsup: ........UofC actually let you in without a H.S. Diploma?!?!:eek: sweet deal!

Ben
07-24-2002, 02:36 AM
Prolly Boned the daughter of the Dean of Admissions

kenny
07-24-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
so i should just drop university and settle w/ a high school diploma? :dunno: :dunno:

I'm not saying to drop out, well not directly anyway, I'm just saying that a university education isn't really worth the $20 - $25 thousand that it costs, not to mention the four years worth of opportunity cost in which you could have been making money, lets just say a lowball figure, 4 years @ $25,000/yr salary. That piece of paper that you get after university is going to be costing $120,000 - $125,000! Thats a small house or one crazy ride. Ask alot of the university grads who are job hunting if getting the degree makes a difference! Of course, in some fields, a degree is a must but this spiel doesn't apply to "those" people. :rofl: damn nerds.

However, after saying all this.. I'm a university student, entering my 5th year baby! but I haven't been doing a full course load each semester, I've been working while attending class which explains my poor grades but who gives a rats ass about grades really? Thats right, nobody. After I graduate, I will get a job that anyone out of high school with enough patience to learn and train for will get.

ScCab
07-24-2002, 08:12 AM

24 credits in H.S.
me now a poor working stiff.....stay in school kids

G
07-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by ScCab

24 credits in H.S.
me now a poor working stiff.....stay in school kids

24 fucking credits? How come it seemed like you were at school a lot more than me? :rofl:

Superesc
07-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Well for sure I think you should definitely try to graduate from Highschool!! I think that's mininum... unless you are like Rage2 hah

ScCab
07-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
Well for sure I think you should definitely try to graduate from Highschool!! I think that's mininum... unless you are like Rage2 hah

I'll never be like highrollor rage

Originally posted by GSpot

24 fucking credits? How come it seemed like you were at school a lot more than me? :rofl:

I was in the cafateria playing big 2
hahaha

RiceCake
07-24-2002, 09:25 AM
Hey girlracer! I got the same fone as you too! hehe...

which guy did you get it off of? My friend Joney and I got it off Akimbo, that guy's pretty kewl but damn he's busy! I had to stay at the wireless wave booth on Thursday night til 10:30 before i finally got to leave with my V70. I have yet to play with all the features of the phone... That T68 you got's pretty cool... I like the color display :thumbsup:

rage2
07-24-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ScCab
I was in the cafateria playing big 2
hahaha

LOL! I'll beat your record, you'll see!

mwmhong
07-24-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Ask alot of the university grads who are job hunting if getting the degree makes a difference! Of course, in some fields, a degree is a must but this spiel doesn't apply to "those" people. :rofl: damn nerds............

It all depends, some jobs (doctor/lawyer/Chartered Accountant) you need that degree more than your balls, other jobs of a more technical nature most likely not. It's just a weeding process that's been institutionalized to keep the universities themselves in business. (The University IS a business).

Some degrees are almost useless. Being a bargain-basement Poli Sci, History, Philosophy, or Sociology graduate isn't worth the time and money for sure, if you're a McDonalds manager or waiting tables in the end.

I fucking HATE school, the most boring waste-of-time $#it, just let me work, but in my case it's a necessary evil, get your degree or you don't get to play.

szw
07-24-2002, 10:42 AM
i'm sick of engineering (U of C) already...but have no idea what else I'd do :dunno:

G
07-24-2002, 10:47 AM
I had a blast getting my degree in CPSC but working for 3 years now I haven't used any of the crap I learnt. I actually got this job without a resume. When they hired me they said if you can impress us then you stay otherwise you are gone. Resumes don't reflect what you know only how well you can bs on a piece of paper.

girlRACER
07-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Hey girlracer! I got the same fone as you too! hehe...

which guy did you get it off of? My friend Joney and I got it off Akimbo, that guy's pretty kewl but damn he's busy! I had to stay at the wireless wave booth on Thursday night til 10:30 before i finally got to leave with my V70. I have yet to play with all the features of the phone... That T68 you got's pretty cool... I like the color display :thumbsup:

I bought it off Nicole. She works at the SouthCentre one but I bought it from Chinook because they were sold out. I'm going to Wireless Wave today to upgrade my t68 and look at the interchangeable bezels.

You said you bought it Thursday night? I thought the phone just came out on Tuesday. I could be wrong though.

mischief
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by szw
i'm sick of engineering (U of C) already...but have no idea what else I'd do :dunno:

ENGG at U of C sucks. Thank god I'm on internship right now. I can't wait till I'm done!

girlRACER
07-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Anyways, is it me or has this thread gone way off topic and none of the moderators have moved it, but rather join in on it! haha :D

Oh well...I love school. That is why I am doing a Masters after I graduate so I can continue to live off my parents and not work. I'll be in school for a total of 8 years! I'm doing a Masters of Architecture, which is my passion, and there is a big demand for architects in Calgary so hopefully I will be hired right out of school. If not, I'll just work for my dad.

School is not for everyone. You either like it or you like to work and I'm totally not the working type.

szw
07-24-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mischief

ENGG at U of C sucks. Thank god I'm on internship right now. I can't wait till I'm done!

What engg are you in?

Also, was it hard or easy to find an internship job? And how about for other people you know, easy or hard to get a job? Do marks matter a lot?

Thanks

rage2
07-24-2002, 01:42 PM
You said you bought it Thursday night? I thought the phone just came out on Tuesday. I could be wrong though.

It actually came out on Tuesday last week.

Anyways, is it me or has this thread gone way off topic and none of the moderators have moved it, but rather join in on it! haha :D

I think I'm getting lazy. It's in Lounge anyways so it's not too big of a deal.

max_boost
07-24-2002, 01:58 PM
School sucks! But I hope to finish something, a diploma or degree would be fine haha

Superesc
07-24-2002, 02:16 PM
yea also you do get a sense of acomplishment when you get that degree/diploma.... :p

lammer
07-24-2002, 02:59 PM
Hey guys, i need a lot of help. I've been reading and you guys been saying that you don't relly need to go to school and such. But I want to become a networker. like setting up computers for companies or whatever. do i really need to goto Sait/University. Sait is my main intrest right now. University has such a greater "standard" and i won't make it into there. but anyone have any info for me? nayhting would be a priciated thanx.

rage2
07-24-2002, 03:08 PM
You need to meet the right people (luck) and know how to do the stuff properly (practice). I've interviewed and met hundreds of "MCSE Network Technicians" who has no clue how to do anything. Doing your job well and getting your name out there is the key.

mwmhong
07-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Hey guys, i need a lot of help. I've been reading and you guys been saying that you don't relly need to go to school and such. But I want to become a networker. like setting up computers for companies or whatever. do i really need to goto Sait/University. Sait is my main intrest right now. University has such a greater "standard" and i won't make it into there. but anyone have any info for me? nayhting would be a priciated thanx.

All I can say on the subject is if you're going into computer tech stuff, DO NOT go to U of C, the B. Comm MIS degree is useless, my boss has buddies who have that and no practical skills and cannot find jobs. SAIT is where it's at.

boi-alien
07-24-2002, 03:36 PM
education isn't everything, but one thing's for sure. just think of it as kind of a backup.. just in case, don't rely on it to get your bread and butter, because it's your knowledge that matters most, i mean bill gates never even graduated univ. and look where he is right now!

but honestly, just think of your education as a backup plan instead of it winning your bread and butter and it makes school a little more bearable

B17a
07-24-2002, 03:51 PM
I looked at my degree as a door opener, nothing more. I'm no smarter than someone without but because of it, I probably got a few more opportunities than my non-degree counterpart.

gpomp
07-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Anyone want to test this theory out with me? I'm heading to University this September. I need to find someone who just graduated from HS and is not doing any post-secondary.

HyperPup
07-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by szw

What engg are you in?

Also, was it hard or easy to find an internship job? And how about for other people you know, easy or hard to get a job? Do marks matter a lot?

Thanks

Electrical.

Marks matter a LOT at that point because its all the companies have to use to select for interviews.
case in point, sucky 2nd year, mid 2's gpa.
4 months when the hiring cycle started (early in 3rd year)... applied to like 30~40 got like 2 interviews.
finished 3rd year of school. pulled gpa up to high 3's
did the shotgun application approach again for the 2nd summer hiring cycle... holy shiet I was interviewed for *every* job i applied to. It was tiring! :nut:

if your grades are not as good its still entirely possible to get hired, but will be for more customer-service helpdesk*clueless person on other end of the phoneline* type stuff for minimum internship pay. No tasty 3k+ R&D development stuff.

Ben
07-24-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Anyone want to test this theory out with me? I'm heading to University this September. I need to find someone who just graduated from HS and is not doing any post-secondary.
I'm doing FA right now making 3-5k a month but I am going to sait in the fall...

szw
07-24-2002, 09:33 PM
duncan what U you going to?

2000impreza
07-24-2002, 10:10 PM
lol. i'm going to MRC in the fall. i might transfer to UofC next year. if there is nothing for me by 3rd year i'm going to sait. 10 years ago you might have a chance with just HS education but i really question if you will get anywhere with so little education these days.

driven
07-24-2002, 10:35 PM
hmm.. this is kind of funny to me
id love to read a stat [probably doesnt exist] on the avg. salary of people who went to university vs. people who didnt
id be willing the bet my car, house, anything else you can think of that those who went to university are making WAY more (on average) than those who didnt. i know uni isnt for everyone because everyone values diffrent things, but if its money you value in the long run university is the way to go. IMO

Toms-Celica
07-24-2002, 10:57 PM
What happened to Kenny? Im getting worried about him :dunno:

RiceCake
07-24-2002, 11:29 PM
Hmm.. rage that's werid... my friend Joney got her v70 last sunday :confused: :dunno:

And for education... we should ask bol... How come I don't see his response on here? bol's come quite a long way without his HS diploma either...

I have to agree with a lot of the high rollers on this board here in that a piece of paper will not always garuntee you a sucessful career. SCcab, rage, bol, kenny are all correct. Its not a mater of what you have on a piece of paper, Its what you know and who you know that will really advance you in life. Another important part would be seeing an oppertunity and taking advantage of it. :thumbsup:

lammer
07-25-2002, 12:08 AM
So what i need to do is KNOW how to do it now have some piece of paper that says i can. I have to be able to show people that i can acually do what the piece says ? Well if anyone wants to help me out please do. anything on networking?

Stratus_Power
07-25-2002, 12:15 AM
hehe i just done HS w/ 188 credits and going to U of A to do some science ;P fun fun fun

max_boost
07-25-2002, 12:31 AM
hehe i just done HS w/ 188 credits

Is that even possible? Since when did they give 10 credit per course instead of 5? haha

RiceCake
07-25-2002, 12:32 AM
So what i need to do is KNOW how to do it now have some piece of paper that says i can. I have to be able to show people that i can acually do what the piece says ? Well if anyone wants to help me out please do. anything on networking?

For this I would reccommend SAIT.... I'm in there for Industrial Instrumentation Technology right now, but yeah SAIT offers a pretty good Computer Networking Technician program, and has many sources and companys associated with the development of the program from year to year. The joys of having all your info crammed into 2 years is that they usually try to feed you with more useful and hands on experience.

lammer
07-25-2002, 12:39 AM

For this I would reccommend SAIT.... I'm in there for Industrial Instrumentation Technology right now, but yeah SAIT offers a pretty good Computer Networking Technician program, and has many sources and companys associated with the development of the program from year to year. The joys of having all your info crammed into 2 years is that they usually try to feed you with more useful and hands on experience.

nice, now all i need to do is graduate from my last year in HS and im outta here!!

Max, I think it is possible to get 188 credits..
1 year = 4 core classes (Sci, Eng, Math and SS)
4 options (whatever you want it to be.) 40 credits a year.
40x3 years=120
summer school x 3 = 30, 2 classes a year.
wait it doesn't add up haha.
but he coulda made it to gr 12 with only 99 credits, redo gr12 take summer school it could add up haha.

mischief
07-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by szw

What engg are you in?

Thanks

I'm in Chem. The higher the marks you have, the easier it is to find an internship job. However, this does not mean that you get the best job. Companies do not have much to go on so the base there selection on marks and personality. They basically want you to be rounded (i.e. not a nerd that just goes home and studies). Most of the major companies hire first (i.e. Shell, Devon, etc.) and usually the people with the higher marks get those jobs. There are usually better jobs that come out later (i.e. job out of the country).

The difficulty of finding a job changes from year to year. This year, it seems that Chem and Electrical (comp and software too) are having the hardest time placing people. Electrical people are having a tough time because of the financial troubles of the tech companies (i.e. Nortel and Cisco). Chem is having problems because of all of the recent company mergers/buyouts which have caused hiring freezes.

I myself do not have a very high GPA, but I make up for it with my other activites (i.e. volunteering). I didn't get my job till a week after finals ended, but it was worth the wait as I have a good job working on the Syncrude UE-1 project.
:thumbsup:

Ben
07-25-2002, 01:49 AM
I only had 144 credits when I graduated,

although I had 102 at the end of grade 11, and got my diploma christmas of grade 12.:D

lammer
07-25-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Benny
I only had 144 credits when I graduated,

although I had 102 at the end of grade 11, and got my diploma christmas of grade 12.

howd you get it up to 144 by gr 11? extra ciriculium activities?damn my spelling to hell

Ben
07-25-2002, 02:00 AM
144 by end of grade 12 dude...

I took every science, every math, got 15 credits in grade 10 for french 35, did a class corespondance, i was a busy fucker...

Oh, and to the poor bastards that suffered through the horrific attrociousness of English and SS Advanced Placement like I did, you can basically forget all the extra things you learned, especilly in english, as they mean jack shit in University...

James
07-25-2002, 03:41 AM
hehe i just done HS w/ 188 credits and going to U of A to do some science ;P fun fun fun

:eek: , wanna give me 30 Credits!?!?:D , im sure u can spare them:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

G
07-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Hmm.. rage that's werid... my friend Joney got her v70 last sunday :confused: :dunno:

And for education... we should ask bol... How come I don't see his response on here? bol's come quite a long way without his HS diploma either...

I have to agree with a lot of the high rollers on this board here in that a piece of paper will not always garuntee you a sucessful career. SCcab, rage, bol, kenny are all correct. Its not a mater of what you have on a piece of paper, Its what you know and who you know that will really advance you in life. Another important part would be seeing an oppertunity and taking advantage of it. :thumbsup:

All those guys are a select few. You have to look at the big picture that a degree will generally take you further in life.

mwmhong
07-25-2002, 10:20 AM
I got alot of credits in HS, way more than I needed, so I basically took all these extra useless classes to get an ADVANCED high school diploma. Whoop-dee-doo. I could have had more spare periods, but I had classes to attend.

I skipped class 50% of the time anyways:angel:

Stratus_Power
07-26-2002, 02:25 AM
haha if any of you are wondering, i didnt take any summer school :D avoided them at all cause. but i took all 3 languages ( chinese/eng/french), i had the piano credits ( grade 8 pianio = 15), i took all 3 sciences, + Chem 35 and Math 31, also i go to a Catholic school, so 3 years worth of religion ;P i was trynig to hit the 200 credits mark too grr :madred: :madred: