PDA

View Full Version : Flat Earth Society

Xaroxantu Zero
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Did you know that there's a community of over 10,000 people who think the Earth is flat?

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php

They believe that the Earth is a flat round disc with an ice wall surrounding it. Apparently the knowledge of the Earth being round is just a conspiracy from the government (which government? I have no idea).

Read their FAQs and be blown away.

Euro_Trash
05-10-2007, 12:21 PM
What about the people who fly around the world? Or boat around the world?

And I like how they say the reason for the conspiracy is money, but I can't come up with a way that the government would make money for this

D'z Nutz
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM
These clowns must live in the phantom zone.

http://homepage.mac.com/johnwirzbicki/iblog/CTBlue/C949557696/E20051229094429/Media/PDVD_396.jpg

topmade
05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Those people are retarded and are just looking for publicity. They should all move to a deserted island and have a big fat orgy there so they can't contaminate any other people with their retarded thinking.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/topmade/some2_44py.jpg
http://flatearthbrewing.com/

TeamBestBud
05-10-2007, 12:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: I cant stop laughing. Is this for real or just a big joke?

01RedDX
05-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Xaroxantu Zero
05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
What about the people who fly around the world? Or boat around the world?

Oh, they have an explanation for nearly everything you throw at them.

Take a look at this gem:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/flying_leaf/model.jpg

Mangina
05-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Whaaaaaaat?

arian_ma
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
What about the pictures that we have from satelites? What about looking at the sun and moon? What about looking at the ocean and not seeing the end of the world. The whole concept of a horizon is based on the fact that the earth is round.
What a bunch of douchebags, almost as bad as the guy who said "Look! I opened the peanut butter, there is no life!"

Ridiculous.

Xaroxantu Zero
05-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Fake photos and optical illusion. xD

gofastmerc
05-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Q: "How did NASA create these images with the computer technology available at the time?"

A: Since NASA did not send rockets into space, they instead spent the money on developing advanced computers and imaging software instead.

:eek:

Troy
05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
wow just wow

IncredibleToad
05-10-2007, 04:09 PM
im sure even the worlds of the dungeons and dragons games these tools play are round

Hakkola
05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=13570.0

I thought I would have more fun. :( They seem to have logical explanations for everything.

topmade
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I thought I would have more fun. :( They seem to have logical explanations for everything.

I wouldn't call it logical, but creative and f....king stupid.

TKRIS
05-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I totally believe them.

brownchild
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
"Since their inception, the standards and utilization of internet chat forums has had positive and/or negative results for countless people.

"flat earth society?", whatever floats your boat... at least until you fall off the edge

You lost souls answer the age old question, where can dipshits who constantly got their asses kicked thoughout their school years slither off to to be with their own kind? Obviously, the answer is the flat earth society, the fucked up, playschool of make believe, that's so pathetic that they troll their own members...the serious tards who actually believe this shit is true.

This entire site is simply a sphere of immature bullshit run by fucktards."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

asuth077
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
No wonder Global Warming is such a pain in the ass, the freaking wall is going to melt and the entire ocean will run right off the planet!

Then what! Better drink your "kool aid" before that day comes

Canmorite
05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Q: "What about NASA? Don't they have photos to prove that the Earth is round?"

A: NASA is part of the conspiracy too. The photos are faked.

Q: "Why has no-one taken a photo of the Earth that proves it is flat?"

A: The government prevents people from getting close enough to the Ice Wall to take a picture.

Q: "How did NASA create these images with the computer technology available at the time?"

A: Since NASA did not send rockets into space, they instead spent the money on developing advanced computers and imaging software instead.

HAHAHA

Perhaps you should have tried the FAQ.

Gravity does not exist, and the FE does not have a gravitational field.

Why don't we float away? Heavy boots? Where do these theories come from?

Again, the FAQ. The earth is accelerating upwards at 9.8m/s^2 to fill you in though.

Xaroxantu Zero
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
This thread takes the cake easily:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=5829.0

schurchill39
05-10-2007, 05:42 PM
How do they explain the magnetic poles then? if its an infinite plane then there can be neither a "ending ice wall" or a definite magnetic pole.... can there?

Canmorite
05-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Fucking 'eh :rofl:

schurchill39
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Never mind They have an answer for that too.

North is in the middle of the disk. A compass always points North, right? That makes East and West curved. Therefore when one starts off in North America and travels with a constant Eastern heading they will eventually go through Europe and reach China. Once in China if the the traveler continues traveling East they will travel past Japan and eventually reach North America again. There you go, a full circumnavigation on a Flat Earth.

North is Hubward, South is Rimward, East is Turnwise and West is Widdershins.

GQBalla
05-10-2007, 05:54 PM
lol so there is no core of the earth?

arian_ma
05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
I think I got 'em:

"If the earth is accelerating upward at 9.81 m/s, why is this accelerating 'constant' different as you go up and down in altitude?
IE close to sea level this acceleration is actually measured to be closer to 10.0 m/s."

Disoblige
05-10-2007, 06:16 PM
There is also people who still think the Earth is the center of the universe (Aristotle's Theory) as well.

arian_ma
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
So apparantly, there are no nuclear reactions on the sun, and gravity is something they are not willing to get into (yet).

acura_el
05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
wow that has to be the stupidest place on the net!

actually on a serious note, that timecube thing is nuts. this looks like something the KKK would wear :nut:

http://timecube.com/flag2.jpg

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-10-2007, 10:21 PM
If we're accelerating upwards @ 9.81m/s^2... what happens when we reach the speed of light? (Too lazy to sign up)

fiveabi
05-10-2007, 10:34 PM
lol i much agree with lildrunkensmurf.

plus acceleration and velocity all exist if there is a a source of gravity of ne nature.

if the globe is "flat" lol then there is no gravity, and therefore everything i learned as a geophysicist is BS. but thats another story.

A FLAT EARTH would mean no gravity. NO gravity would mean we float away. Sure if the earth is accelerating upward at 9.8m/s2 that would mean there must be a reference source below that is round so that it does have a gravity, and another one supporting it much like a our solar system....arrghh don't wanna sign up

fiveabi
05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
k just read throug the faq, i'm certain this is a joke.

Xaroxantu Zero
05-10-2007, 10:45 PM
No, I can assure you that they're more serious than the Internet.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
No, I can assure you that they're more serious than the Internet.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
05-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by fiveabi
everything i learned as a geophysicist You're not a geophysicist, remember?

v2kai
05-11-2007, 02:38 AM
one question brings it all tumbling down, screw gravity, screw magnetism...its all as simple as this lol

Q: Why does the hull of a ship disappear over the horizon before the mast does?

and if the answer is conveniently an optical illusion (as they answer some other ones) who is making this optical illusion...the government???? and how?

case closed end of story. flat world sucks balls and doesnt hold up

arian_ma
05-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by fiveabi
lol i much agree with lildrunkensmurf.

plus acceleration and velocity all exist if there is a a source of gravity of ne nature.

That's not true, your car accelerates forwards and back, does that require gravity? (Besides friction I mean) The entire concept of "gravity" is that there is a force pulling on every mass at a certain velocity. Now if we were constantly accelerating upwards at G, then due to the formula F=ma, and Newton's law of dynamics, we would be experiencing a downward force. Though you would imagine that if you were accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 constantly, we would have reached the speed of light a long time ago due to a=v/t and if v = 3*10^8 and a = 9.8 then in 354 days we will have reached the speed of light, at which I am sure they will pull out the "speed of light is relative" or "a conspiracy" just like the heat of the sun is...

Troy
05-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

im pretty sure this is just some huge joke haha

topmade
05-11-2007, 12:29 PM
This picture is pretty convincing, person who did it must have been a master photochopper.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/topmade/lookingdown.jpg

acura_el
05-11-2007, 01:03 PM
haha, these guys are so full of it.:rofl:

can someone ask these retards these questions?

1. if the other "planets" are 2 dimensional as well, why is it that they are tilted vertically and the earth isn't?

2. if the sun and moon are "spotlights" how do you explain the craters on the moon....and if the sun doesn't release any radiation, how do you explain aurora borealis?

3. there's about 10,000 of you who believe that the earth is flat and about 6 billion of us "roundies" who know it's round. what are the chances that you guys are just really stupid?

i'm afraid to join. stupidity can sometimes be contagious

01RedDX
05-11-2007, 01:07 PM

MPotyondi
05-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Troy
Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

HAHAhhahahahaaha.

SCHIDER23
05-13-2007, 07:01 AM
hell .... no wonder I coulnd't see the sun at night is at the far end of the flat earth :banghead:

I always wonder where all this people where, are there any groups that still believe the sun revolves around the earth :confused: I wonder.:rofl:

edit: oh shit they do believe the sun revolves around the earth :rofl:

Eleanor
05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Actually there is a way for the flat earth to have a constant acceleration of 9.81 m/s^2 without ever changing its speed. What if the earth is really orbiting around some fixed point in space. The centripetal acceleration could be 9.81 m/s^2. The differences in gravity could be due to the different paths of rotation around this fixed point.