PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Vallarta

viff3r
05-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm heading to PV this weekend, any tips?

GOnSHO
05-10-2007, 02:43 PM
a. if u have kids or are younger, go on the pirate ship.. its AWESOME!!!
b. dont drink any water thats not bottled, and if u get ice, make sure they take it out of a bag..
c. go parasailling! its amazing
d. GET DRUNK!!

superboss
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Dude, if you taking your women, take her to Las Callentas, She'll love you forever. They also have a sweat theme park their, get to swim with dolphins and shit if thats your thing. Enjoy the ocean man, shit I wish I could go back.. What resort are you staying at? The Pirate ship was a blast to...

nuge77
05-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I was just down there a couple of weeks ago in Nuevo Vallarta and it was sweet. Great weather, really nice beaches but stepped on a stingray on the second to last day. Its super unlikely to happen to you too but if it does go to medical clinic and get the shot as soon as you can. It hurts like a bitch the longer you leave it.

Other tips would be:
Only drink ice cubes with holes in them (made from filtered water).
Covert your CDN to Pesos down there at local shops. Walk around before you do as no two shops have the same exchange rate. US currency is commonly accepted everywhere at a premium if you are in a pinch (10pesos to 1USD)
Have a chillada: Beer with ice, lime cordial, lime slice and a salted rim. It'll change your life!

Have fun man!

Lex350
05-10-2007, 04:35 PM
check to make sure the seal on the bottles water has not been broken and re-filled.

go to Pipi's Restaurant - great place...nice food....big drinks.

It's a few blocks back of the strip.

Some of the booze cruise/snokeling trips are nice.

We were there over Christmas and New Years. I can't wait to go back.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7426/nvlarge01cl7.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1227/nvlarge12co1.jpg

blainer
05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Phillipe's is another restaurant suggestion
its a brownie point winner if it's just you and ur wife
a cool club to check out is Hilo
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for PV

thrasher22
05-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I really liked walking the main street in PV, despite being labeled as an americanized tourist town, it was really interesting, super old buildings and it runs along the beach.

If you're not staying in town, public transit was a really interesting way to get around, there were guys busking on the bus and you fly down scary ass mountian roads.

If you're looking for an even remotely mexican experiance, stay away from the tourist bars, they're the same price or more than expensive than here, and zero locals go to them.
When we went to senior frogs on a pub crawl, and the DJ was getting everyone to cheer for their country of origin, mayyyybe 2 people were from mexico, in the packed bar and I think they worked there haha.

R-Audi
05-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Puerto Vallarta is the only city in Mexico with purified water out of the taps.. but still be careful.

If you are interested in getting away from the major touristy stuff make a day trip to Sayulita.. small surfing/fishing village about 40 mins away... cool food, nicer beach then PV and cool place to hang out.

Oh, and if you want to watch hockey playoffs, go to the No-Name pub.. He's Canadian, (I think.. or Amer.) but a huge hockey fan. (Friends with Gretzky etc)