PDA

View Full Version : Everything is COVERED in BIRD SH1T

Davetronz
06-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Everything.

Birds have nested in my neighbours roofing tiles. There are millions of them. Reminds me of some Hitchcock episode gone bad.
There is shit all over every single one of my cars (I counted 20 shits on the Camaro, 9 shits on the Talon, 3 shits on the Astro, 12 shits on the Z71, and 3 shits on the Kia). The driveway is COVERED, the side of my house is NAILED. The road infront of my house is PLASTERED. My grass is a sea of white shit.

Now dont get me wrong, I love larger tropical Macaws, Amazons and Conures, but I HATE little birds that SHIT on my property.
We have precautions, we have noisemakers, we have an OWL figurine, but they are too smart!

How something that small can shit that much and that frequently. Its worse that some of the larger macaws and amazons that I work with.

What can I do to get rid of them without hurting them or making them sick or killing them!?!?!?! :dunno: I am an expert with larger birds but these small ones confuse me.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/welichka/images/poop.jpg

Weapon_R
06-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Buy a gun.

And a silencer.

FiveFreshFish
06-11-2003, 12:08 AM
How about finding the nests and blast them to bits with a pressure washer?

To get chase the birds, use a Super Soaker squirt gun filled with a bleach solution! j/k :D

redx2nv
06-11-2003, 12:16 AM
isnt that car from europe?

ramminghard
06-11-2003, 12:28 AM
just shoot them. i was shooting birds yesterday. Kill one and they all leave.

itsnotaDUB
06-11-2003, 12:51 AM
maybe phone the city, they may have a solution

James
06-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv
isnt that car from europe?

Its not his Dummy, just an example of what bird shit looks like!

GTS Jeff
06-11-2003, 03:11 AM
poison gas!!

mwmhong
06-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard
just shoot them. i was shooting birds yesterday. Kill one and they all leave.

Illegal. You have to call the city, they have a guy with a pellet gun who comes over to handle them.

B17a
06-11-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong

Illegal. You have to call the city, they have a guy with a pellet gun who comes over to handle them.

Really? Sweet, how do you apply for that job??:D TurboDSm, if that fails I think one solid blast from a 12 guage should hit enough of them to scare off the others!

EstoMax
06-11-2003, 08:07 AM
just use a pellet gun urself and dress in an official looking clothing so noone doubts u, my aunt used a pellet gun to ward off birds off a cherry tree of hers and she hanged a dead bird upside down on the tree so other birds would see it and stay away.. that only worked for a few days tho cause stupid birds came back like nothing had happened

max

Zephyr
06-11-2003, 09:09 AM
wow that sucks, just throw rocks or whatever, its like throwing a bottle into a crowd, ur gonna hit something.

Superesc
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Destroying the nest would do. We took a nest down before, and the birds moved somewhere else.

kevie88
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Firecrackers work quite well, try and get some big ones like m80's ect.
Just keep harassing them as often as you can and they'llget the hint!

RC-Cola
06-11-2003, 09:18 AM
^^^ Didn't crows and/or ravens come to eat the dead bird then?

AccordTypeR
06-12-2003, 12:09 AM
BURN THEM BRUN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!.... you could set you neighbors house on fire, the blame the local punk kids or whatnot!:D :guns:

yeah call the city, they should be able to handle it, and if not you can always take the law into you own hands:thumbsup:

ryder_23
06-12-2003, 12:11 AM
I got a paintball gun you can borrow. Solved my problem...Just pelt em, and just hose away the mess, no need to worry bout breaking anything...Just do it in middle of day, and if ur neighbors are cool let em know, if not, do it when their not home...

sin
06-12-2003, 12:12 AM
vigilante justice in the hizzouse

Davetronz
06-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Holy fuck, I am getting tired of this. The city says that we are shit out of luck and there is nothing we can legally do.
I washed each car, and the driveway today. I came outside 2 hours later and everything was COVERED again. Good thing the rain washed away the shit before the 403 meet!

ryder_23
06-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Like i said, paintball gun.....its yours to use. Only thing i ask, dont get it confiscated by the police, cops said next time that happens, no matter who has gun, i get arrested. Long story, leant to buddy, he got in shit for it, took 2 months to get back, cop said, if ever confiscated again, it gets burned, and i get to ride in a cop car....Just dont go shoot ur neighbors kid or anything

Davetronz
06-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Just dont go shoot ur neighbors kid or anything
LOL, let me get the neighbours permission to shoot at his house, they are nesting in HIS tiles, but shitting on my stuff.
And it will be temping to shoot at the neighbours kid after he did the face plant on my front fender! :D

GTS Jeff
06-12-2003, 02:06 AM
poisonfuckinggas dammit

omar_allibhai
06-12-2003, 04:58 PM
soak a shitload of bread with pepto bismal
when birds eat it their stomach expands to a point that they blow up and die

AccordTypeR
06-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by omar_allibhai

But the he has to clean up the hundreds of bird carcases.. carci if you will:thumbsup: but the problem will be solved

Davetronz
06-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Dammit the neighbour wont let me paintball em!
He says he is gonna go remove the nest(s) on the weekend and put chicken wire up there... Like fucking chicken wire will stop them... :banghead:

Well I better be getting outside to clean up more SHIT

D'z Nutz
06-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by omar_allibhai

That's just an urban legend. I've heard the same thing but with alkaseltzer, and it's just not true. :rolleyes:

Wildcat
06-12-2003, 06:43 PM
actually alka seltzer works, seagulls gobble it up and they blow, no joke, also try soking bread in alcohol and wait for it to dry then set it out, the birds get fucked and they fly crooked.. bwhahaha, ahh those were the golden years..

honestly blow away the nests with the hose and give the birds a blast too, just to let them know you mean biznasss! :D

RiCE-DaDDy
06-12-2003, 10:23 PM
at our old house in mckenzie, we always had a pigeon problem, we used OWLS and later we filled up the place with nails sticking up so they couldnt land.

Davetronz
06-13-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
and later we filled up the place with nails sticking up so they couldnt land.
Hahahha that sounds soooo ghetto! LOL

And we have owl(s)... ... They are too smart, the owls even swing back and forth. I think we need a real owl. I told my parents that if they let me get my macaw or amazon she will take care of those smaller birds in a jiffy!

GTS Jeff
06-13-2003, 12:22 PM
hm dave just hire me. $100 and those birds will be gone.

Team_Mclaren
06-14-2003, 01:10 AM
your block sucks (my little cousin lives across from u). with all the kids and brids and shit.....I think its time 4 u to find a new house!!!!:D

EstoMax
06-14-2003, 02:52 PM
hahaha... alcohol idea is awesome i should try that if a lot of birds come to my hood

max

Davetronz
06-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
your block sucks (my little cousin lives across from u). with all the kids and brids and shit.....I think its time 4 u to find a new house!!!!:D
In the corner house with the b-ball net?
If thats who you are talking about, him and his little sister are the ONLY decent kids on the block that dont terrorize shit!

Team_Mclaren
06-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM

In the corner house with the b-ball net?
If thats who you are talking about, him and his little sister are the ONLY decent kids on the block that dont terrorize shit!

ya, lol :rofl: :rofl:

Davetronz
06-14-2003, 11:34 PM
LOL are we the only people sad enough to be sitting home 1 block away from each other on a Saturday night at 11:30 with nothing to do.

Shit, go yell out your window and I will yell out mine, that way we wont have to worry about post flood control!