PDA

View Full Version : increase torque

403Gemini
06-11-2003, 12:39 AM
how would you increase torque in a 1st generation integra (89) and how much coin would i be looking at spending?

thx!

92 Teg-B18A
06-11-2003, 12:48 AM
you could go with a larger diameter exhaust, nothing too huge or you'll lose power. When I put my cat back on I noticed a gain in mid range pull. Shouldn't be too bad to get one custom bent at a muffler shop.
A really good tune up would probably help you out too (seeing as your teg is fourteen almost fifteen years old) unless you've done that already.
Good luck :)

403Gemini
06-11-2003, 12:50 AM
i replaced plugs and wires about 8-10 months ago, figure i should do it again :D

5.9 R/T
06-11-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
how would you increase torque in a 1st generation integra (89) and how much coin would i be looking at spending?

thx!

Sell the car and buy something with a larger engine. Short of FI (forced induction) you will only be able to increase top end hp (not low end tq) by small amounts with that car.

403Gemini
06-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Sell the car and buy something with a larger engine. Short of FI (forced induction) you will only be able to increase top end hp (not low end tq) by small amounts with that car.

yea thats probably what im gonna end up doing... cept its a pain in the ass seeing jackasses overprice (canada trader) like 92 civics for like 8 g's like come on!!!

i wanna get a 92 civic coupe (non hatch) i like em.

ever since that civic nation commercial, i love it lol.