PDA

View Full Version : EVO v.s. STI v.s. R32

James
06-11-2003, 02:31 AM
Check out the front page article "Blue Monday "on www.vwvortex.com good article...Some pretty cool Desktop Photos at the end too :thumbsup:.........post your thoughts on which of the 3 you think is better :dunno:......my vote goes to the R32.
Some things i like about it is the Nicer interior, the Front end, and the lack of a big gay wing! :tongue:

4wheeldrift
06-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Repost, but I'll take an STi.

James
06-11-2003, 07:24 AM
ha, oops, my bad...my computer was out of commision, out gettin fixed, for most of the last couple weeks, Missed that thread! :tongue:

lammer
06-11-2003, 07:51 AM
I'd prolly get the VW.
haha the looks of the GTI is allover me now. I really love hatches too!

VWbloke
06-11-2003, 08:54 AM
R32 no question. Sure the Sti and Evo have more power and whatnot, but VW's got quality!

I also think the R32 is a better all-around car.

Whatmore, those Konigs are fehkin aces!

I'm just pissed that they aren't coming to Canada. But I'm happy with my 20AE. :thumbsup:

kevie88
06-11-2003, 09:26 AM
There can only be one for me..

STi

And I'm not so sure how VW stacks up against the others for quality, I've had friends who've had some serious problems with their Golfs and Jettas in the past.
We're not going to know anything about quality until these have been on the street for a while.

Ben
06-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
There can only be one for me..

STi

I've had friends who've had some serious problems with their Golfs and Jettas in the past.

Key word being past.

kevie88
06-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Key word being past.

Hehe.. you're right, I shoulda said RECENT past..:rofl:

But like I was saying, I think time is the true test of quality, and I believe that most, if not all car companies (hmm, maybe except GM) have come leaps and bounds in terms of quality in the past few years.
I really like the new VW's and I would consider buying one if I was looking for a new car.

VWbloke
06-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

We're not going to know anything about quality until these have been on the street for a while.

I was mainly referring to the quality of the cars' materials and their fit and finish.

To me, the Evo is the worst of the three, offering nowhere near the level of refinement that the VW affords. Granted, refinement is not the raison d'etre of these cars, but for the kind of money these cars command, I would expect better from Mitsubishi.

The Scooby's interior does a lot better than the Evo's, but still looks too 'plasticky'. I do applaud the seats, yet I find the VW's Konigs to be much nicer. Again, I realize that seats, and plastics are not things that will blow your skirt up, and that 300bhp can quickly make you forget about a car's shortcomings, but I feel that aesthetics shouldn't be overlooked either.

For me, it's the R32.

VWbloke
06-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Well shize.. I had linked to an image, but it didn't seem to work....

Boo-urns.

2000impreza
06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by VWbloke

I was mainly referring to the quality of the cars' materials and their fit and finish.

To me, the Evo is the worst of the three, offering nowhere near the level of refinement that the VW affords. Granted, refinement is not the raison d'etre of these cars, but for the kind of money these cars command, I would expect better from Mitsubishi.

The Scooby's interior does a lot better than the Evo's, but still looks too 'plasticky'. I do applaud the seats, yet I find the VW's Konigs to be much nicer. Again, I realize that seats, and plastics are not things that will blow your skirt up, and that 300bhp can quickly make you forget about a car's shortcomings, but I feel that aesthetics shouldn't be overlooked either.

For me, it's the R32.

most people willing to put the money down for the sti or evo know what they are getting. yeah its not for the "fit and finish". i would take a sti or evo over the R32 any day.

Ben
06-11-2003, 01:07 PM
If I wanted a pure auto-x monster I would buy the STI, if I wanted something practical for life in the city (99% of the time), R32 over the other 2 any day. Its a damn close car to the Evo and STI, so I would be willing to jeopardise a small bit of performance for a more comfortable car, and then hey, down the road if I wanted more kick, throw a few large under the hood and your back in the runnings.