PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna be on the cover?

Eyezie
05-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi

I'm a photographer for Urbane Mag in Calgary. http://www.urbaneonline.ca/

We are doing a tuner issue and I'm looking to put on the cover some rides. I am looking for specific ones in relation to our main story. All cars should be relatively newer in a sense of '06 '07 '08. The main story is about how the newer cars out now have options of gearing toward this market.
So now the list. Anyone who has any of these cars in Calgary please contact me sooner the better cause deadlines are close.

Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla
Nissan Sentra SE-R
Mitsu Lancer
Mazda 3
Ford Focus GFX
Saturn Redline
Pontiac G5 GT
Chevy Cobalt
Hyundai Accent SR

Anyways this was the list that was handed to me. I am hoping that I can get some help. In return I will give who ever I photograph the images plus add you into our monthly mod squad. I really hope some can help me out. I love shooting cars and have a bunch of locations picked in the city for the shoot.
Send me a message if interested or have any questions feel free.
Thanx!

Evolize
05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
How come you guys couldn't pick out anything good?

The Cosworth
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Pm'd :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
05-13-2007, 03:40 PM
*Cough* Supra haha...

The Cosworth
05-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
*Cough* Supra haha...

screw it just show up, ill PM you the address when I get one :P

JRSC00LUDE
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I have some absolutely stunning photo's of me on the hood of my car with nothing but a banana-hammock and a sense of adventure. It's a shame my car's too old to meet your magazines standards....... :thumbsdow

Eyezie
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry guys I gotta list I have to stick to. We are doing entry level cars that are around the 20K area. This is NOT anything hardcore if your familiar with the mag then you'll know we hit a bunch of different stories and try to have some fun with it all. We're low impact. We do have a Mod page where we show off what ya got. So if anyone wants some photos of there rides please send me a PM.
Thanx

GTS Jeff
05-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Toyota Corolla? Ouch!

xrayvsn
05-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Where's the Subaru love?

Who am I kidding? People would much rather see a Hyundai Accent than an ugly Subaru.

P.S. Good luck finding a Mazdaspeed 3 for $20K!

Eyezie
05-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Hahaha I KNEW this would happen. If I was doing this article then I would pick different cars to make everyone happy but I can't.
Don't shoot the messenger I'm just looking for some ppl to help out is all.
There would also be a good luck on a finding a Subaru for 20K too.
I took out the Mazda "Speed" thanx for pointing that out.
:thumbsup:

03ozwhip
05-14-2007, 08:13 AM
i got this cover a little over a year ago now when i had my Lancer, and it turned out pretty sweet. its a local up ands coming mag, but it sure gets your name out there.

88CRX
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Please keep it on topic guys...

ken-gsr
05-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I have some absolutely stunning photo's of me on the hood of my car with nothing but a banana-hammock and a sense of adventure. It's a shame my car's too old to meet your magazines standards....... :thumbsdow

:rofl: :rofl:

98brg2d
05-15-2007, 09:13 AM
FYI Dodge Caliber SRT-4 does not exist other than a few prototypes in Michigan. I have also heard it has been cancelled.

Eyezie
05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanx for that :thumbsup:

jf97talon
05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
srt-4 should be on that list!

freshprince
05-16-2007, 09:04 AM
I have a wicked 1988 CRX with a 2 ft. aluminum wing I made myself, this baby's got at least 5 extra stickers - some even saying "GTX" - they add to the whorespower huge. You should see it at night too! I've got like 3 flourescent lights on the inside so it glows really bright!

Not to mention my spinners, I know this place on the internet where it says I can order like real shiny big ones from San Diego, so I'm pullin' some extra shifts at A&W to save up, until then I've got my plastic spinners from Canadian tire, but they look awesome.

As well, I've got these wicked plastic hood scoops that stick right on the hood, so I didn't even need to cut a hole in it, oh yah, I put them on the side too, I got gills now!

I also found this wicked exhaust tip at Walmart that has LED's in it, so it looks really cool and people think my ride is totally fast. While I was there I also got some awesome add-ons: stick-on antennae for the middle of my roof, awesome dragon decals for the side, and a really sweet skull shift knob that is totally off the hook!

So my ride is pretty sweet, I've got some good cellphone pics of it. Oh I almost forgot the interior and I.C.E. - I spray painted the dashboard and door handles red, you can still see the duct-tape glue on parts of it because I didn't want the paint to get on my cloth seats, but its cool. I've got his awesome deck, I hooked it up myself, I even put 6x9's in the door speakers, they don't fit, but I figure I could get some more bass out of the fron so it's way worth it. Plus I've got a 15" sub in the back, it makes the rearend sag, and it's in a homemade box that still gives me splinters, but I'll put cloth on it after I buy my spinners, so it will look even better. My system rocks, all you can hear is bass and my tailgate rattling, I'm sure it sounds good though.

so yah, pm me if you want some pic's, but you'll have to come here to get some real ones because my ride isn't really running right now, the guy said it's something to do with the transmission and the loud "clunk" it makes while shifting...I told him it was just my turbo's kicking in, he must have thought I was really cool because he laughed really loud, I assume in amazement of my awesome car.

well, gotta go, I've gotta check an ebay auction I'm bidding on, *fingers crossed* here's hopin' I won those seat covers with some Japanese writing on it or something.

Eyezie
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
LOL nice I'll put ya on the top of the list buddie :rofl:

403Gemini
05-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Sweet!!! Got pics?!?! :rofl:

I'll go on the cover, i have the ss/sc, tho my car looks stock haha