PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Comment

eur0
05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Can we split the marketplace for 'Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers' into individuals?

I feel that there are more than enough listings to at least break it down to 'Cars' 'Motorbikes' 'Trucks & Trailers'. The problem I find is that people searching for these things in particular are not getting the immediate results they are looking for. For example, say I want a sport bike...I have to sift through at least 6 pages to find maybe 8 bikes, it gets lost amongst everything else.

It also benefits sellers because bumping (spamming) will not have to be done as frequently to attain that 'front page' spot.

rage2
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll take a peek at it this week. Wanna be a moderator for the section and help move stuff around?

Rx7
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
ill do it lol ^

JAYMEZ
05-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I can help do that , got tons of time durein the day.

arian_ma
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Or maybe like domestic and import?
or "Honda lovers" and "Honda Haters"?
:D

nonsane
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/143049/marketplace-split/

:P

eur0
05-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Sure, theres a lot of threads that need to be moved and I have no problem helping out. As this forum grows, it will help out everyone in the long run..

Palmiros
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Good idea.

eur0
05-14-2007, 10:53 PM
To keep things simple I would recommend..

- Cars
* - Imports (optional)
* - Domestics (optional)
- Bikes
- Trucks & SUVs
- Trailers

The seperation for the Cars section would allow for further growth and expansion, I guess the same thing can apply for Bikes and Trucks but these are all optional.

soupey
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Trucks and Trailers could go together...

also for the marketplace in general...i think you should make it so only the OP of any thread can reply (bump) it, that way it gets rid of people unnecessarily commenting and giving their 2 cents on someone elses sale.

also another feature ive seen on some other forums is something that gives a warning to anyone trying to reply to a thread that is > 1month old, that way it prevents people from bumping really old threads by accident...

Nufy
05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Here's another suggestion..

How about FS and WTB threads older then...say 3 months get locked.

An interested person would then have to PM the seller to see if the item is still available instead of bumping it with a question.

The three months is arbitrary but you get my drift....

LuxCars
05-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by soupey
Trucks and Trailers could go together...

also for the marketplace in general...i think you should make it so only the OP of any thread can reply (bump) it, that way it gets rid of people unnecessarily commenting and giving their 2 cents on someone elses sale.

also another feature ive seen on some other forums is something that gives a warning to anyone trying to reply to a thread that is > 1month old, that way it prevents people from bumping really old threads by accident...

How would your first part work. Only the OP can talk in the thread? Its better the way it is because when some people ask questions in the thread it saves the OP from having to answer it more than once, and many of the questions asked are also helpful to others who have not thought of asking that type of question.

Originally posted by Nufy
Here's another suggestion..

How about FS and WTB threads older then...say 3 months get locked.

An interested person would then have to PM the seller to see if the item is still available instead of bumping it with a question.

The three months is arbitrary but you get my drift....

Personally i dont think it should be anymore complicated. Keep it simple, if you cant read the date of when it was posted than you may need some help, or you are just way to lazy.

soupey
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars

How would your first part work. Only the OP can talk in the thread? Its better the way it is because when some people ask questions in the thread it saves the OP from having to answer it more than once, and many of the questions asked are also helpful to others who have not thought of asking that type of question.

resort to PM, and if uve looked at any of the marketplace threads theres a whole lot more BS posted rather than useful questions...and if the seller has any sense he'll reply or edit his own thread and update the info...

JAYMEZ
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Lets just go on a banning spree and ban the people who bump or say "Sweet car , free bump" or " Wow i wish i had the money" or "If only it wasnt automatic."

88CRX
05-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Lets just go on a banning spree and ban the people who bump or say "Sweet car , free bump" or " Wow i wish i had the money" or "If only it wasnt automatic."

Those are the "rules" haha... +1 :thumbsup:

benyl
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

:werd: :werd: :werd: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I refer you to:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/169766/please-combine-marketplace-listings-when-possible-and-useless-bumping/

01RedDX
05-16-2007, 03:43 PM

adidas
05-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Id be willing to be a moderator, where shall i sign up! :D

And, yes im serious.

kenny
05-21-2007, 01:40 AM
We do not accept applications for moderators, we find and recruit based on community participation.

chachi
05-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by kenny
We do not accept applications for moderators, we find and recruit based on community participation.

So if I post a lot I'll get recruited? That would explain a few things.

TeamBestBud
05-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Just noticed and I'd like to say thank you Rage2 for splitting it up.:thumbsup:

:goflames:

hussein
05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow, that's sweet now that it's split up. :thumbsup: Thanks.

eur0
05-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys for splitting this up, makes things much easier. Guess I gotta find another way to become a moderator. :burnout:

BerserkerCatSplat
05-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by eur0
Guess I gotta find another way to become a moderator. :burnout:

http://www.bigislandgrinds.com/wp-content/images/pho_viet_beef_meatball_pho.jpg

I hear Pho works. ;)

D'z Nutz
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by eur0
Guess I gotta find another way to become a moderator. :burnout:

There are only two ways to gain membership: be the son of a Moderator or save the life of a Moderator. And since there's only one father-son team onboard, you'll have to choose the latter. :cry:

Toms-SC
05-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Toma & I for political section moderators :thumbsup: Keeping in straight up real since 2002. :D

LuxCars
05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
looks a lot cleaner with the new adjustments:thumbsup:

Eleanor
05-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by chachi

So if I post a lot I'll get recruited? That would explain a few things.

Bwah ha ha, wants to be a mod and gets banned, not a good start lol

Sharpie
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread so I will post it here. But i think we should do a similar thing for the cell phone section. Just split it up to Telus; Rogers/Fido; Bell and maybe just another random one for other phones...

DepTrotter
05-30-2007, 11:57 AM
great job condensing the clutter!

soupey
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
possible required form for any vehicle FS thread

Vehicle Details
Year :
Model :
Exterior Color :
Interior Color :
Transmission :
Odometer Reading :
Location of Vehicle:
Description :
Pictures:

Price:

Contact Information
E-Mail:
Phone:

for example:
Vehicle Details
Year : <full car year ie: 1992>
Model : <ie: Camry V6 LE Sport>
Exterior Color : <car's exterior color>
Interior Color : <car's interior color>
Transmission : <Auto/Manual>
Odometer Reading : <current odo reading>
Location of Vehicle: <where the car is>
Description : description of vehicle, including mod's, the good and bad. etc.
Pictures:
<pics>
Price: $<price>

Contact Information
E-Mail: <your email address>
Phone: (555) 555- 5555

annnd if its missing any info, instant :closed:

sound good?

soupey
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
feel free to put in ur 2 cents towards what should be added to that^

kenny
05-30-2007, 05:02 PM
:thumbsup:

Will be implemented shortly.

soupey
05-30-2007, 09:17 PM
haha that was a quick response

kenny
05-30-2007, 11:52 PM
And its live! Please report any problems with the template! If you have any suggestions on what else to add to the template, please share in this thread.