PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question about citizenship

2BLUE
05-14-2007, 05:48 PM
My friend was born in texas.

His mother is from canada but only got her citizenship in canada last year.

Father is canadian.

........................................................................................................

So the mother goes on a trip while pregnant to texas and has a kid in texas.

She comes back to canada and never registered the kid in canada.

Now my friend didn't know anything about this so he calls to get a birth certificate and they say you don't exsist and that they can't help him.

What should he do?

His mother is useless and they dont talk anymore.

.........................................................................................................

He called texas vital stastics and if one is born in texas but resides somewhere else that birth isn't registered in the us as a usa citizen if the mother is leaving to go back to her country with 10 days of birth

Now its 20+ years later and canadian goverment is like the mother should have told us.

.........................................................................................................

What should he do?

Is he like an illegal resident?

Hes been in canada his whole life but has zero documents to prove where hes from. His mother took off and his uncle took care of him.

Any help would be good.

rage2
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
dude, he'll never have to pay taxes. Ever. Cash only deals for life! ;)

kenny
05-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Easy, if he wants to be recognized as a Canadian Citizen all he needs to do is call the CCRA and ask how to pay taxes. I'm sure they'll figure a way to get some money from him :rofl:

If I were him I'd just forget about it and never pay taxes. With the money saved you can probably buy a really good fake passport too :P

2BLUE
05-14-2007, 06:02 PM
He couldn't ever get a job , drivers licence, nothing.

Amysicle
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I read something about this in the news paper. Try googling "lost canadians" and see what comes up. A lot of people who live close to the border, went to an American hospital to have a baby because it was closer and never bothered to tell the Canadian government have this problem. He's not alone. I don't think the government is doing anything about it though.

People just started realizing they weren't actually "Canadian" after trying to go through the motions of getting a passport because of the new US travel regulations.

2BLUE
05-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
I read something about this in the news paper. Try googling "lost canadians" and see what comes up. A lot of people who live close to the border, went to an American hospital to have a baby because it was closer and never bothered to tell the Canadian government have this problem. He's not alone. I don't think the government is doing anything about it though.

People just started realizing they weren't actually "Canadian" after trying to go through the motions of getting a passport because of the new US travel regulations.

Yes i watched that one the news...very disturbing say the least.

saiyajin
05-14-2007, 11:35 PM
he would still be a deemed resident of canada and will be taxed as so but getting a passport would be messed up i presume hah

2BLUE
05-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Ya but how can he prove anything without documents.